Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS week of 9/25

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: What is your greatest accomplishment

Formerly known as Kate08young
August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
Married: 7/22/14
Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

Re: TFAS week of 9/25

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @br0co1ii It took some work and I had to switch out of an education major my last semester, but I did it. ABCTE program got me into my classroom, and since then its been wonderful. Go for it!

@lalala2004 We have an unofficial schedule. Days when I'm coaching a game or H is putting in over 10 hours are off limits. So we have 1 rotating week day and weekends that are typically ok. Sometimes after E wakes me up I wake him up, and sometimes I'm a bad mom by sticking the kids in front of Sophia the First for 1-2 episodes so we can get it in. 

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/2 ntnp

WTO/TWW? Wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 8m

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nothing yet

Any questions? Not currently

GTKY: What is your greatest accomplishment? 
    Um. Not sure. I've done multiple things that I'm proud of, but nothing exceptional. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland. I'm getting my business management degree, but will probably take some early childhood development classes afterwards. We'll see. 

And congrats on the promotion! I loved being a leader/manager before I moved away from my last job. I'm a control freak, so it was nice to get paid to be in charge of something. And yes, recognizing you need a break is key. Delegate something! 

• Options
    @offtoneverland I'm teaching 9th grade World Geography (part time) now, but I've taught 4th, 7th, and 6th (3 years) mostly Social Studies. 6th grade is my favorite (and what I taught when I was teacher is the year) although 9th grade has been growing on me. But that may just be because I taught most of these kids when they were in 6th!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @holly321 It is Biological Sciences: Encironmental studies. I was on my last semester before student teaching when a clerical error at the doctor turned my dad’s stage 4 Lupus into Stage 4 Leukemia. So I switched to a major that would get me out at the end of semester. About 2 weeks before graduation, the doc discovered the error, and we realized it was a nasty false alarm. BUT it was too late to switch back to bio ed and student teach.

@offtoneverland I currently coach 7th grade Volleyball, but Basketball is coming, and I coach&ref, and then ifs on to umping all the softball/baseball I can stand. It was not me asking about potty training. My at home daycare lady is going to do L and the other 2yo boy just before Christmas. So I’m going to follow her lead. My super sad attempt this summer was just going when he said he had to, and while that was 100% when he said it wasn’t that great.

• Options
    @lalala2004 Our DS goes to sleep in a floor bed in his own room, but he usually wakes up middle of the night and then we bring him into bed with us for the rest of the night (it's just easiest that way). Our challenge has been trying to time sex so we catch the window of time when we are ready to go to bed, but before he has woken up. One time last cycle we missed the window and made up for it by waking up early and sneaking into his room for a quickie before he woke up. Definitely finding we have to try to schedule it and get more creative than before!

*TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @princesslockness Oops, sorry! It's so easy to get all the names here confused and I was too busy to go back and look. My bad! That's awesome that your day care is helping out with the potty training. Hopefully it goes well for you. We had a super sad attempt when DD was about 2 years old and it did not go well either. It's going much better at 3 years old though! (I checked and it was @jnmiller324 who was asking about potty training.) That's cool that you coach and ref! You must stay really active! That's crazy about the false alarm with your dad's health. How does that even happen?
    @lalala2004 Teaching 9th grade sounds hard...all those hormones! I'm so glad that you're finding joy in it though. It must be a lot of fun to watch the kids grow up into "real" people.
    @izza2 Love your accomplishment! That's awesome that YH helped you push so hard to get it done. Keep pushing through it. You got this!!
    @josie12367 Love your accomplishment too! Wow, we have so many accomplished ladies here. You had to work so hard for that with the long commute and YH's deployments. Way to go! You must have been so proud of yourself.
    @mrsinterweb Sorry for CD2. :( That stinks. Great job seeing the need for a new team and creating it from scratch! It's great to hear that you love your job, too! What do you do? (I feel like I ask everyone this question and I'm sure you've said it somewhere else, but I can't remember.)
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @princesslockness woah, that must have been a mindf@&$ about your dad. That's some clerical error. Yikes.

@josie12367 quickies? You mean, there are other kinds of sex? :lol:

@offtoneverland It really has been cool. They come to 6th grade knowing nothing, and now that I have them in 9th they have so much more knowledge and skills. They ask me when we'll talk about North Korea, Europe, the Middle East, etc. It has me like :love:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @offtoneverland I think they used the medical 'autofil' and didn't scroll down enough. I'm glad they caught it at his next app. but damn that was messed up.    You'd think that with all the athletics I'm still involved in, that I might be in decent shape, but I'm not. I can't even keep up with L for a couple hours. 

• Options
    @holly321 good luck at your appointment today!
    @lalala2004 we end up having to schedule sex a lot because DD sleeps in our bed so the most spontaneous we get is "meet you in the guest room in 20?"
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @offtoneverland she's an active 16 month old! Lol! She's great, she's no longer on medications and we are hoping and praying she outgrew it. There's a chance it can come back when she goes through big growth spurts (thinking around 5 and then puberty), but we will cross those bridges when they come.
  • Options
    @offtoneverland I manage a systems/project team at an insurance company. It sounds boring, but it's actually really interesting as there are always new problems to try and solve and new ways to try and solve them.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @offtoneverland, thanks.  They used to go to bed for me pretty easy, but the last 2 week, I don't know what's going on.  As for relaxing, I don't know what I do.  I have been trying to make more time for myself that isn't just laying on a couch watching TV.  Hope you enjoy your vacation!

@shortstack930, FX the surgery helps!

• Options
    @holly321 Nothing wrong with relaxing on the couch watching TV. ;) I love putting together jigsaw puzzles too. Sometimes it's really relaxing! Hope your kiddos get it together soon and start going to bed on time! DD has been staying up til 8:30 or 9 the past several weeks. Makes it so hard to get stuff done!
    @mrstmooseThats awesome about your DD being so healthy. You have a great attitude about it. It would probably be easy to think about what *could* go wrong. Good for you for focusing on the here and now. 
    @BurlapandLace I think yours are great accomplishments too! That's a lot to handle.
    @kgress84 Welcome back! What did you do on vacation?
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland thank you! We went to Disney! It was my son's first time. So awesome experiencing it thru his eyes!