May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/25-9/29

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/25-9/29

• Options
    sharkmama39sharkmama39 member
    edited September 2017
    @kimber308 funny, I was just coming on to talk about a similar situation lol.

just got the invite to a friend's wedding in Mid-April. I'll be about 36 weeks. It's an 8 hr drive or 2 hr flight... I don't want an 8 hr drive while 8 months pregnant and I'm not going to be able to fly :(

i really want to go though. 

eta: this is why the hyperloop needs to exist right meow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sharkmama39, if it's only a 2 hour flight and you really want to go, you should. I drive NY to Montreal at 36 weeks with DD1. I think the biggest issue is making sure that you feel your destination is a reasonable place to give birth (i.e., has electricity, is not entirely devastated by a hurricane, has clean water, that kind of thing).

When I was pregnant with DD2 I kept setting stink bugs ( the ones that look like shields). I had never seen one before that. There was even one on the window at the hospital in the recovery room. Then I didn't see any for a long time. In the past 2 days I keep seeing them. It feels weird.

• Options
    I'm annoyed at so many things today. One is that an assistant principal was supposed to call me at 1:30 yesterday and didn't and then wanted to call at 11 today and didn't call until 12. I hate when people are disrespectful about time. And then a nonprofit I am a part of is saying my dues are due today even though I last renewed in February because they decided to renew me at this time last year even though I told them I wasn't going to renew for a few months due to DH being in between jobs. 
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles I hate when people are late/cancel!  

I saw someone tip at one of those quick oil change places. Is that a thing? Have I been rude all these years??  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I tip at jiffy lube, but I don't think it's necessary. 
  • Options
    @heelsidehero It has never occurred to me to tip at Jiffy Lube and I've never seen anyone do it. Maybe it's a regional thing?
  • Options
    I'm very close to ordering thisfloors lamp because it's awesome. Not exactly gender neutral but I might just have to rewrite the rules. 
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    I'm very close to ordering thisfloors lamp because it's awesome. Not exactly gender neutral but I might just have to rewrite the rules. 
    Rewrite them! That is adorable!!!
  • Options
    PearlvirusPearlvirus member
    edited September 2017
    I had a whole paragraph typed out, but it only posted the first line. Now I'm too crabby to rewrite it
  • Options
    @Poppy0419 oh my I'm sorry you experienced that. People need to learn how to keep their mouths shut sometimes.
  • Options
    @charlestonchew I've unfortunately heard worse. I'm pretty used to it. I would have shrugged it off if the guy wasn't screwing me over and being a jerk. 
  • Options
    My husband thinks unicorns are girly. But because it's not covered in glitter I think it'll work. We are having a whimsical woodland there.
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DD2 I kept setting stink bugs ( the ones that look like shields). I had never seen one before that. There was even one on the window at the hospital in the recovery room. Then I didn't see any for a long time. In the past 2 days I keep seeing them. It feels weird.

It’s like the stink bugs sense your pregnancy. 

• Options

It’s like the stink bugs sense your pregnancy. 

I know. I'm like, is this a good sign? Are stink bugs ever good? Seems like no. 
  • Options
    I finished The Sinner.....the ending was a little meh.  
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    I finished The Sinner.....the ending was a little meh.  
    I felt the same. And now they're considering a second season. I was into it the whole time and knew they'd find a way to get her sentences reduced but expected the ending to be a bit more twisty. 
    BabyFruit Ticker