Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

New & need help..

biey90biey90 member
edited September 2017 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Hi, I'm new here and I need help & advice.. 
Me & DH have been ttc for 5 months. On last month my AF was late for 8 days so I bought hpt & got faint positive result. To make it less confused I bought CB digital and the result was Pregnant 1-2 weeks. After 2 days, I was bleeding for 3 days but lighter than my normal period. My doctor said just treat as normal menstrual cycle since the test came out negative when they do the pregnancy test. He don't even explain what is actually happening which then I believe that I'm having a chemical pregnancy.
Anyhow, I calculate the 1st day of bleeding as CD1 and me & DH just stick to the plan BD on a few days before ovulation. But AF came on 17/9 and it was quite weird since my normal menstrual was 5 days full blown.
17/9 - brown pinkish spotting.
18/9 - full blown bright red, have to change my pad twice + one time during evening.
19/9 - medium flow until afternoon, evening only spotting.
20/9 & 21/9 - nothing, not even spotting.
So, is there anyone that experienced the same thing? Sorry for my long description & my grammar.. thanks in advance!

Re: New & need help..

• What kind of pregnancy test did your doctor perform? 
  • biey90biey90 member
    edited September 2017
    Urine pregnancy test. They won't proceed with blood test if the result came out negative. 
  • Loading the player...
  • biey90 Sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me. I had a few of these, and the 3rd MC I had the doctor wouldn't 'count' either since I had a faint positive on Friday, started spotting on Saturday, and by the time I got into their office on Monday late afternoon for THEIR urine test, there wasn't enough HCG in my system to turn the test.
    From the information you've mentioned, I'd say you had a CP. I'm so sorry for your loss. The bright side is that your cycles shouldn't be too messed up following a CP, and you can start trying again immediately this cycle. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• biey90biey90 member
    edited September 2017
    @dpjennifer thanks for your reply. Yes, i also think that last month was a CP. Do u think for this month period was also a CP? I'm afraid that last month CP would affect my hormone which end up my period was shorter than before, 3 days instead of 5 days. 
  • I don't think so... but hard to know without more information. Are you temping?  That can help you determine a lot of information.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer may i know what is it mean by temping? I'm sorry, because I am still new and a lot of things I don't know.. 
  • I think she means taking your temperature with a basal body temp thermometer.
  • biey90biey90 member
    edited September 2017
    @metalchick719 oohh.. i did take the reading for my body temperature for the last 2 days, normal temperature, is around 35 to 36°c. So for today reading (9/26) is 36.4°C (97.4°C).. Thanks ya for your info..
  • So my personal opinion with chemical pregnancies and especially multiple chemical pregnancies, ask for a beta hcg quant even if they don't normally provide it. 

Two positive pregnancy tests at home mean that you were pregnant regardless of what a urine test says at the doctor's office. 

Multiple chemical pregnancies, especially consecutively, can indicate improper implantation, or tubal implantation, and it's best to track with a beta quant all the way to 0 (a urine test will not do this), because unless you do, it may start to rise again, indicating an abnormal pregnancy. 

What has you pregnancy history looked like up to this point? 
  • biey90biey90 member
    edited September 2017
    @kathrenne thanks for your explanation. Last month (August) was the first time I'm getting positive result hpt. For the last few months since April 2017, I never get BFP. 
    As for this month, after AF I'm having a mild cramping at lower abdomen that lasted for 2 days. Afraid that I'm having a PCOS so I pee on the sticks (2 test strips) because I heard that PCOS sometimes can give positive result on hpt but it shows BFN.
    On 8/9 before I knew that I was pregnant, I noticed that AF was late for 8 days, always feel headache and sore boobs then I plan to get hpt - faint positive which then end up CP, 3 days light bleeding starting from 8/14 until 8/16 and I count it as CD1.
    On 9/17 until 21/7 I assumed that AF will be heavier and longer than last month but the bleeding was one day heavy, one day medium and another day spotting. 
    Anyway, I will try to get my blood check if my next month AF is still lighter than normal period.