Infertility

First Trigger shot after a very long day

I've tried to join this board a few times but I never really stuck with it due to other commitments or for the simple fact that I was in denial for a very long time.

I started my first IUI this week and have been driving to my clinic, which is 4 hours one way, every other day. I left at 4 a.m. this morning for my 8:30 appointment and got my prescription for my first trigger shot. I was to give it at 9 p.m. this evening. After throwing up and crying for half an hour I had to go over and get my mom to do it for me. Why can't things just be easy and why do I get so worked up?!

I'm sure you all have been in this same boat before, maybe not quite as dramatic as I am being.

I'm hoping I can hang out for good now, if you'll have me.

Re: First Trigger shot after a very long day

• Welcome! I think we can all agree that starting the infertility path is pretty stressful, and I am sure most of us have some moments we aren't proud of in those first few shots. I can say though, as someone who used to fear needles, it DOES get easier.

Best of luck with your IUI!
  • FuzzyDustFuzzyDust member
    edited September 2017
    Welcome! As Crystal321 said, it does get easier, at least in terms of the medication process.
    All the elevated hormones make this process even more emotional than it already is. I remember my first trigger shot - I dreaded it through the whole stimulation time. My DH administered the shot, and I didn't feel a thing.
    Now he does my daily PIO shots, and as much as I don't like them, it's way more routine now, less emotional.

We've all been there, and most of us are still there, so be kind to yourself, which also means allowing yourself to cry when you need to <3
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I can completely understand. I put this off for a very long time thinking that it would eventually just happen, and I do think I was in denial lol!! I just finished my first round of clomid today, then onto IUI, hopefully in the next week or 2!! Welcome to the board, everyone here is very supportive and knowledgeable!! FX for you!! ;)
  • Thanks for the kind words ladies. I go in tomorrow morning for my IUI. If this one doesn't work I'm going to have to wait a few months before doing it again. It was too hard to try to organize days off with having to drive so far so next time I'll just take holidays for a week and stay closer. Of course I want everything to work out this time but I'm also trying to be realistic.