January 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 9/21

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? 

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are your baby preparations going? (Nursery/ Registry/ Etc.)

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What was your first job? 

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 9/21

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks! Baby is the size of a cantaloupe! 

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? Feeling really good aside from the completely random heartburn! Craving sweets--candy bars, cake, cookies, help!!!!!!! 

3) Any appointments this week/last? We have our 24 week appointment tomorrow morning! 

4) How are your baby preparations going? (Nursery/ Registry/ Etc.) I have completed our registry although we aren't planning on a baby shower. It's mostly for family if they ask to buy the baby something and for the later discounts!  Nursery is in the same place as last week--not stressed about it not being started because we basically just have to put the crib we already have from DS in there and place decor. And she probably won't be in there for a few months so we've got some time. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Can't think of any right now! 

6) GTKY: What was your first job? I worked at a little hot dog/hamburger/ice cream place that you walk up to and order called Dairy Dell! It was basically a hot box and we never sat down (our boss literally didn't allow chairs in there for us to sit or have a break..). I blame its concrete floors for the start of my varicose veins!!! 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  22 weeks, twins are about the size of a banana!

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? Feeling pretty good. Have a slight cold or allergies, but nothing that tea and tylenol cold+cough can't handle (doc told me to take that). Still getting the tension headaches often, but right now I'm not sure if they're actually tension headaches or sinus headaches from the cold haha! no real cravings, other than fruit and juice, still!

3) Any appointments this week/last? Anatomy scan #2 was this week, they were able to get all the measurements they needed on baby a (the boy)....but baby b (the girl) was being stubborn and in an awful position so i get to go back in 2 weeks for scan #3 (lol!) so they can make sure her head and face and profile look good...lol

4) How are your baby preparations going? (Nursery/ Registry/ Etc.) Registry is all set for the most part! My shower is on Oct 8th, so DH and i tried to get it done before the invites went out a couple weeks ago. i am still adding/removing things every so often but for the most part it's set. 

Nursery is coming along. Room is painted and we have a few hand-me-down/custom pieces already in the room, and the cribs and dresser are being delivered on wednesday! We have the rug bought, and now just need to think about the little decorations and accents for the room!

Looking into and still need to sign up for some breastfeeding/labor/"getting ready for baby" classes. At the hospital where i'll be delivering, they say i can sign up now but the classes are for women who are 32+ weeks...I'm wondering since i'm having twins and things can be unpredictable if i could sing up and so a few weeks earlier? i keep meaning to call and then get distracted...

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? none at the moment, i don't think! :)

6) GTKY: What was your first job? I worked at the customer service desk at HomeGoods. Was a lot more interesting than being a cashier...lol. somehow i used to have the patience to deal with all the people back then...haha :wink:

• Loading the player...
  • @caseyw8784 I would definitely sign up for those classes earlier. More like 28 weeks ;)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

24 weeks; size of an eggplant! 

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? 

Still feeling great. Craving sweets  :( :

3) Any appointments this week/last?

OB visit today (these visits seem so pointless when I'm seeing a high-risk doctor e/o week!); fetal growth/cervical ultrasound with high-risk doctor on Monday.

4) How are your baby preparations going? (Nursery/ Registry/ Etc.)

Nursery is painted! Crib and dresser ordered. I do have a registry started on Amazon. This is my 3rd baby but my kids are 13 and 10, so my family and friends want to throw a baby shower in November.  This is also SO's first baby, so his family is excited. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

My job is so stressful. I work as a legal assistant to an extremely busy attorney.  He's a nice guy but so difficult to work for (procrastinates, poor time management/unorganized, has too much on his plate, etc.)  I was lucky enough to work from home with my first two kiddos. So the idea of sending this baby to daycare and coming back to this level of stress is really starting to get to me.  I reached out to the place I worked at before (from home),and they are hiring but I know the pay will be substantially less than what I make here.  I don't even know if it's feasible.  Haven't discussed benefits either.   So here I sit at my desk, in tears ;( 

6) GTKY: What was your first job? 

Cashier at KFC. My boss was pretty cool. I also taught dance and baton lessons to young girls after school.

Pregnancy Ticker