May 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 9/20

Your "ticker change day" is the day you switch over to being another full week pregnant (ie: 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks and 6 days).

If your EDD is 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, or 5/30, this is for you! 

1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby?

2.  How are you feeling?

3.  Any appointments coming up?

4.  Rants/raves/questions? 

5.  GTKY:  What's a skill you've always wanted to learn, but never have?

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 9/20

• 1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby?
    7 weeks, blueberry 

2.  How are you feeling?
    So flipping miserable.  Nothing seems to help the nausea, I'm trying the B6 and eating small meals, and not eating at all, and eating big meals, and high protein foods and high carb foods, and ginger everything, and everything else.  Nope.  Not even Zofran seems to help.  Besides the nausea, though, I'm not too terrible.  
    10/2, but I might call before then if this nausea doesn't let up.

Rants- nausea can suck donkey balls.  Rave- I ordered a dress and a fascinator from Amazon for my trip to Churchill Downs, and they will be here tomorrow, I can't wait to try them on!  Also, getting our new carpet on Friday and possibly new kitchen appliances on Saturday.  Questions- @charlestonchew, you mentioned before that you were using the Psi band, and that you liked it.  I saw one in Target yesterday and was tempted to buy it, but I'm wondering if you have to wear it on your wrists or are there other pressure points you can use?  I rarely wear long sleeves and really don't want a bunch of people asking what the bands are. 

5.  GTKY:  
    Skiing, and more languages.

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar. Sorry for the nausea.  My worst week was middle of week 7 so far.  This week is a little better but constant saliva and motion sickness have gotten old.  Oddly sour patch kids help aside from the fact that my tongue is raw from all the sour. 

8 weeks!  

2.  How are you feeling?
    Better than last week but not great.  My nausea is persistent but occasionally I get a day off.  BUt then I freak out because I don't feel sick and think the worst so then I don't even appreciate it!  THen, the next day when I feel like crap again I kick myself for not enjoying the day I felt good!

10 weeks.  I opted out of weekly early USs. I am high risk and supposed to get one every week but I finally just came to the conclusion that the USs aren't changing reality.  And I don't want to wait in limbo every week if we do see something concerning. I know some people would do the opposite but my last pg TWTWTW
    ended in a mmc and I had 3 progressive ultrasounds a week a part where we literally watched the demise.  First week HB wasn't there and I was a week behind, then HB was 93 then HB stopped and embryo started reabsorbing.  SO needless to say it was a devastating 3 weeks.  I rather just wait until 10 weeks find out what's up and move on from there.  ANd my thoughts are if I make it to 10 weeks and have a healthy baby in there I am almost in the clear.

I went to a Pixies show last night and it was brutal.  So many smells everywhere making me gag, flashing lights, standing up.  WHat was I thinking?
  • Loading the player...
  • @sandbar517 we're identical twins right now. As far as the psi bands I don't know about any other pressure points and honestly it only gives me SOME relief from feeling like vomiting but I still have aversion to all food but even just a bit of relief is helpful.
    7 weeks, micra chameleon?
     2.  How are you feeling?
    Nauseous. A couple other minor symptoms but that nausea takes the cake.
    10/2

I feel like I can't even fucking work cause the nausea. How am I going to survive an unknown amount of weeks?
  • @charlestonchew exactly.  That's why I didn't bother buying them.  Some people swear by them, but other people say it only helps a little bit.  I'll probably try to add the Unisom at bedtime and see if that helps.  It's so much worse in the evening, starting mid-afternoon after lunch, and of course that's when I'm home alone with my girls.  It's making me very cranky with them, and I hate myself for it. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 & @charlestonchew ugh I'm sorry you ladies are so miserable, I hope it lets up a little soon. Hang in there!

@justsuzie I completely understand where you are coming from with US's. While it was great to have an early one to make sure baby was in the right place, growing, etc., it just gave me more anxiety knowing something could be wrong when it ended up fine. I think next time I will wait until at least 8 weeks before getting one...

8 weeks, peanut M&M!

2.  How are you feeling?
    Like sh*t! Honestly, my nausea has let up some (it was the worst week 6) in that I will get a little relief some days. Feeling terrible so far this week but over the weekend I felt great, which was scary. Anyway, I caught a bad head cold and that mixed in with my nausea this week has me down for the count.

Nope! 3 week break from appt's, I go back on 10/11 when I'll be 11 weeks. :) 

Rant: This cold. Rave: Baby is safe and sound beating away in there. Also, I found baby's HB on my doppler on Monday (which saved me from pretty much all anxiety at my scan Tuesday). I love that thing. 

Playing piano, sewing, I'm teaching myself how to knit now but I want to be better!
  • @rachelg777 What doppler do you use?  Wow 8 weeks seems so early.  I need to get one!
  • @justsuzie I use sonoline B, it was like $30 or $40 online (i can't remember but I think I ordered it from walmart? It came super fast). I try to use it realistically and not freak out if I don't find the HB and just try again later. I also *try* to limit using it to once every 3-4 days. If you decide to get one I would be happy to answer any questions! But yeah, I was surprised to find it so early and I probably wouldn't have even tried if I wasn't worried. But I was ecstatic when I did!
  • @rachelg777 Oh man, I would be using it every effing hour.  But with me the panic would be greater if I didn't find the HB so I don't know if it's a good idea.  I',m going to wait until my 10 week US before I consider.  That is the big one for me.  I made it past the 8 week mark but have no idea whats going on inside me.  I feel like crap so I'm hoping that's a good sign. 
  • @justsuzie At 10 weeks it gets easier and easier to find as well. So there's that! Im sure I'll start using it for a quick few seconds every day once it doesn't take so long to find. I'm doing the same, counting the days to get past week 11. Glad you feel like crap, we can do this! 
  • 1. 5w
    2. Okay overall. Tired of the palpitations. Nauseated in the mornings. Out of breath a lot, too. 
    3.Phone evap 10/2, RE appt 10/11, OB appt hopefully asap when I get back from vacation. 
    4. Rant: what the actual fuck is up with this weather. I couldn't take my kid to the pool all damn summer because it wasn't ever warm but now that the pool is closed it's 90 fucking degrees. So annoyed. And hot. 
    5. Playing chess. 
  • meant to post yesterday, but toddler kept me oh so busy.
    1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby? Baby is 5w1d now. apple seed size.
     2.  How are you feeling? Feeling nauseated often, but not super bad. Was wondering when you ladies first started feeling nauseated. I had only very very mild nausea in late week 3, which is what prompted me to take a HPT which was a BFP. Now a few weeks later I'm definitely feeling it more and more.
    3.  Any appointments coming up? Nurse appt Oct 3.
    Nada
    Wish I knew how to play piano or guitar. I play the flute, but only use it rarely for church.
  • @klynneculpsmith With my first, I didn't have any nausea until about 6 or 7 weeks.  This time, it started the day I got my BFP, a few days before I even missed my period.  And it's been TERRIBLE so far.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @thedawkterswife  Where do you live? That sucks about the pool. My last pregnancy I was soooo hot esp toward the end. I am so thankful for the local pools. I delivered in July. 

• @rachelg777 Just ordered my Doppler....damn internet making things so impulsively easy!
  • @klynneculpsmith SE Wisconsin. 

I have my A.C. cranked down to 69 already.