March 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 9/18

What kind of random things are happening this week? 

Re: Weekly Randoms - 9/18

• Options
    My toddler has suddenly started protesting and skipping naps, even though she very desperately needs them. It's been really challenging.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My toddler has suddenly started protesting and skipping naps, even though she very desperately needs them. It's been really challenging.
    Omgosh, mine too.  This weekend was rough.  Total nap strike on Saturday, and Sunday took everything in me to get him down.  He really needs it.  When he gives in, he sleeps for 2-3 hours.  When he doesn't, he is super crabby by bedtime.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    @HappyMonkey817 @bettyvonsomethingstein My 1yo napped for 30 whole minutes at daycare today.  Needless to say she was miserable this evening.  
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    Also DO NOT READ THE SYNOPSIS TO MOTHER! 
    Just don't do it.  It is extremely disturbing and should have TWs alllll over it.
  • Options
    @orbmaker: I'm pretty sure that's the color in our guest room/future nursery! I also had a huge Mel Gibson Braveheart crush  :D

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options

@orbmaker: I get compliments on the color all the time. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    ladies- I just heard on the news that it is expected that Toys R Us is expected to file for bankruptcy this week  :o
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n I heard that too! We clearly watch the same news channels haha. But I unfortunately see why. They can be overpriced compared to box stores. But I do love bringing my child there with gift cards he gets.
  • Options
    I have nothing going on this week other than the fact that I'm a little too excited about the fall decor I'm putting out. I also need to clean my bathroom really bad. Exciting lol! 
  • Options
    Found out today I have to have a cerclage. Before the week is over. AND I have to see a MFM doc to do it because it's too complicated for my obgyn. I just want my baby boy in my arms and ok...  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cford08 oh no! I hope all is well.
  • Options
    @triplejplus1 they're adorable!! 

@cford08 that sucks and I'm sorry!  :(
  • Options
    @cford08 Are there symptoms that lead doctors to check if you need this or do they find out by luck?
  • Options
    @orbmaker - we went with what is called "Spring Thaw" by Pittsburgh Paints. It's a gender neutral color, to me at least lol. it's a slight grey. it'll match our crib and we bought a huge 8 x 10 area rug for the room too that it all matches! the room we're putting the nursery in used to be this awful burnt orange color the previous house owners thought was pretty... gag!
  • Options
    @triplejplus1 They are adorable!!! I hope they do become mousers. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Thinking of you @cford08! I'm so sorry you have to go through this but am glad they caught it now. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    Thinking of you @cford08! Hope everything goes well. 
  • Options
    Guys, my heart feels like it's going to blow out of my chest! Just had NIPT testing done and this is going to seriously be the LONGEST week of my liiifeeee!!!!! #teamboy
  • Options
    @crossfitbabybump What is wrong with having a girl? 
  • Options
    @becausescience - oh nothing! I've just always dreamt of being a boy mom! And I'd be the first on my side of the family to have a boy FIRST! :D
  • Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited September 2017
    @cford08 I am so glad your doctor is being proactive in checking you.  There is a point that it gets too late to have a cerclage bc you don't have enough cervix to stitch.  It's good news that you are eligible for the procedure.  Great catch by your OB!  Also, the cervix is dynamic and even if you have a low measurement now, it could get longer with the cerclage.  Good luck!  Praying for a safe procedure.

Edit bc dang autocorrect
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n We're waiting until the AS too. (We'd have done cfDNA if the NT scan showed any concerns, but I think everything looked good.) So I'll be with you not knowing for a few more weeks! 
  • Options
    We're waiting for the scan too. The damn ultrasound place didn't have an opening until 10/25 which is 21 weeks for me so it'll be a looooong 5 weeks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @orbmaker LOVE that color blue. So peaceful and lovely! Perfect for a bedroom.

@HappyMonkey817 I similarly ran to Costco on my lunch break just to pick up Gatorade for my husband (which he consumes by the crate, so it doesn't make sense to buy elsewhere), but instead of picking up chocolate, I hit a car whilst pulling out of the parking lot. Ugh. Truffles were a wiser action. 

@cford08 you'll be in my thoughts. <3

@jeanbean15 I feel you on the fall décor... even though it is less appropriate in Chicagoland this week as temps will hit the 90s. 
  • Options
    @becausescience same here.. had the NT indicated any problems, we would have processed to further testing - but that was not the case. Nice to be reminded that I'm not the only one left who doesn't know ( you too @emineminem ) that isn't part of team green! 5 wks to go!

@Cowboycorgi YAY to the SCH being gone!!! one step in the right direction!
  • Options
    @Cowboycorgi yay for disappearing hematomas! I feel you on not getting laid though...been on pelvic rest for 11 weeks now. If you don't mind me asking, TW how long did you bleed or spot for with your hematoma? END TW
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n I also don't know yet and I really want to know!! Above all, we want a healthy baby of course, but I remember when I found out I was having a boy when I was pregnant with my son, I felt an even stronger connection. We'll know soon!