November 2017 Moms

Changes

If your due date is changed, does that change how many weeks you actually are?

Re: Changes

• I would guess so but it's kind of unheard of to change a due date after 20 weeks since that's about the time genetics starts playing a factor for growth, at about 12 weeks is when a due date would be changed. Is it actually changed or a new guess of when baby will come because of new factors such as size and growth rate? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MaximumEffort Well its changed because They told me I was measuring 35 weeks @ 32 weeks. Ive had an ultrasound today & apparently the doctor was completely off..I'm measuring 32 weeks & 3 days & my DD is measuring 32 weeks & 4 days-Only a day ahead. She's a little over 4pounds & is in the 55.2 percentile. A little bigger than the average baby @ this point from what they told me..I'm guessing they just moved it up for a RCS due to my GD & previous pregnancy outcome with DS. Other than that they said everything looks good. Pelvic Pain/Pressure is killing me though :/
  • Your Fundal height can measure ahead while baby isn't. Mine measures 4 weeks ahead since 25 weeks, had an ultrasound as well and baby was measuring a week ahead and 2lbs at that point but since genetics kick in by then it wasn't a concern and no change to due date had been made. It's common to measure 2 weeks behind or ahead with Fundal height it also depends on who is doing the measuring.
  •   I'm going to be 3-4 weeks early,  due to medical reasons so my actual date didn't change even though we are now Oct. The baby is measuring right on within a week of our initial date.