Success after IF

Twins in kindergarten...feels like the door has closed on more kids :(

I haven't been on here since my miscarriage 3 years ago. DH & I felt like the door closed a lot then because we were out of embryos, had our twins and I turned 35 (& we are 100% OOP for fertility and have already spent SO much). We haven't used birth control since 2008 and always hoped we could be one of those couples that had a surprise pregnancy. Well, our twins just started kindergarten and I am feeling so sad about it! We were at a family party a few days before the first day of school and one of DH's cousin's announced that they were expecting their 3rd baby and all old feelings came back. I HATE big (surprise) pregnancy announcements like that still!

Ugh..I just want to work through this and get over these emotions.

Anyone have any suggestions? The other thing we are considering is permanent birth control to formally close the door. We probably don't even need to do anything so I hate to put one of us through a procedure when we have never gotten pregnant w/o IVF but maybe mentally/emotionally...I will stop thinking about the possibility of a pregnancy as much?

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

Re: Twins in kindergarten...feels like the door has closed on more kids :(

• Hm I don’t know if ever goes away. I think all of us with fertility problems will always hope for a random natural pregnancy. I always do month after month when I get my period but of course when everyone around you is popping out kids you think about it more. My oldest is in kindergarten now so I feel your pain. They are no longer Little. I guess the question is can you all afford to go through the process again or is this is and by doing birth control your putting the nail in the coffin? I think based on my past experience this past summer if I’m done my ass is getting a shot or birth control to avoid any potential heart ache but that’s just me. I think it also depends what our infertility is? I can not mature the egg on my own so if an egg does randomly drop and gets fertilized I was told it will be too late in the process and never work out. I hope you figure it out. If anyone knows how to get over it I’d love to hear how. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP