January 2018 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying 9/15

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 9/15

• Because my horrible middle sister said having another shower means I am selfish and self-centered (I am only having two to include my mother's side of the family and some of our college friends who live closer to that area). She's also the reason I didn't have bridesmaids for my wedding too. Because I couldn't stand to deal with her and gallstones at the same time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Crying cause I can't get rid of this darn headcold and have a really important job interview tomorrow afternoon. 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • musaftm  so sorry your sister is behaving that way. I would suggest (as others have) that she is likely insecure and just transferring her bullshit onto you. Unless she's always been this way. Ugh. You are not selfish! 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • musaftmmusaftm member
    edited September 2017
    missblaze  and EmilyLove25ollydolly, thank you so much. She and I have always been so close in age and we are just complete opposites in most regards and similar in others (as sisters often are). We're both planners. I just have learned to be more flexible with my plans while she remains rigid to the point of lashing out when things start to not go according to how she feels and thinks it should go. About every few months, she'll blow up about something (especially if money is involved). I only say this to point out it's a cycle with her and not to make excuses as I've told her last time that I would not so readily forgive her the next time this happened. But I'm going into TMI territory here. Thanks so much, guys, for your support. I really appreciate it. :) I just won't be talking to her for a bit. Just can't cut her out altogether as she is mother to my sweet niece.
  • ollydolly So sorry for not addressing this before! I had been working on that reply at work all day (we've been pretty busy in my department). I know that colds can be super annoying, but drink tea with honey and lemon and lots of soup and rest. Echinacea (sp?) tea is really good at building up your immune system. Tomato soup and chicken noodle soup is really good for you too. I hope you feel better and do well at your interview!

burnsmommy27 I hope you are able to enjoy some really awesome sexcapades too! Tell hubby this! I bet he'll jump you when he hears! :smiley:

libbberty Thank you. It most likely is about her, I realize. Just been ignoring her texts and the group texts that involve her. She doesn't call. Otherwise, I'd be ignoring that too! Told my mom that when she's willing to apologize and act like an adult, we can talk, but I'm not subjecting myself to her verbal abuse any longer.
  • @libbberty: Wish you a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and lots of love and happiness in your life ahead  <3
  • I cried 3 times while we were camping. I think it was a mixture of a lot of things and I was just tired and stressed and mostly I was overwhelmed. It was my first time meeting my husband's co-workers and there were like 20 of them and it was all at once and it was just a lot for me to deal with. I'm fine in big groups if I know at least some of the people but I only knew my husband and he kept leaving me because he's very much the helpful type so he was constantly helping set up food and stuff like that but it just sucked for me. Not to mention I had to mostly sit because my feet hurt so bad from being up on them from 6:30am that day for the shower so I was just sitting by myself while everyone else was standing around by the fire or the drinks talking to each other and I just really wanted to be at home in my bed. Thankfully it was dark by the time I broke down for my first sob session so I don't think anyone saw me other than my husband and the other two times were in the tent (once later that night and once the next morning). I really wish I had just not gone or we had just gone up for the afternoon and not stayed. Sitting alone while everyone else gets drunk was just not my idea of a great Saturday night. 
  • @burnsmommy27 I feel ya! I finally stopped crying after sex about a week ago. Thank God, I am not an emotional person and rarely cry so I almost didnt even want to have sex because I knew I would cry. It wasnt even just crying, it was like crazy hysterical laughing and crying (Poor husband, I would yell at him to get out of the room and "Dont look at me Im hideous" lol). I can still feel the emotions from sex but Im able to hold back the tears and laughing now, phew! Hope it goes away for you too :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs so glad I'm not the only one. It is mildly embarrassing, I have no control over it at all. Then DH is like did I hurt you? Fingers crossed mine passes soon too
  • @livingoffpbjs I had a hysterical laughing fit the last time we had sex - totally uncontrollable, and it's not like anything was funny. That... is not something my hubby finds ego boosting....