Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday - September 13

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: Who's your favorite author?
Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - September 13

• Been forever since I participated in this thread!!

TTA

Looking for company with ladies who are in the same boat as I am! And you ladies are wonderful :)

Less than 2 months to go! Woo!!

Things are going good on the TTA front. I've started PNV this month and checking CM and cervix position. Still want to find my BBT but not too hopeful, who knows where it got put during our move :( 

R/R: My DS is 18.5 months, and he's definitely hit toddler-hood!!! But I'm learning to not yell so much and ask him to show or tell me what he wants. I'm learning that he does understand that much and can usually find a way to show me, which makes tantrums shorter. I've just got a short temper and need to learn to ask before yelling...

GTKY: Idk if I currently have one...I'm not much of a reader, haha. In middle school it was Lurlene McDaniel. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Happy Wednesday!

How many of us are left who are TTA??  Seems like a lot of people started TTC recently who had been waiting. I'm happy for you guys who aren't waiting anymore :)

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? I like y'all

How long do you think you'll be here? In the "waiting room" til Dec but will most likely stick around after starting TTC as well!

How have things been going? I've been doing good. I've been a lot more excited about TTC ever since the convo with DH that I mentioned in the weekly chat. It's fun being excited buuuut also makes me more impatient, haha. I'm trying to focus on enjoying these next few months with no TTC-related stress, cause y'know... who knows how stressful it'll end up being.

Any R/R? One of my coworkers is driving me bananas this week. He's super lazy, like he'll walk up front and see that we have people waiting to be seen, and just.... walk away! He goes through phases like this now and then and I get so annoyed when he does. I've been avoiding him so I don't get unnecessarily angry, haha.

GTKY: Who's your favorite author? I don't know if I have an overall favorite! Recently I've been rereading a lot of Jane Austen so she's probably my current favorite. I am also a new fan of Helen Oyeyemi, and last summer I went on a big Margaret Atwood kick.
  • Loading the player...
  • @CecilB93 I hear you on the sanity pushing kid. I would be lying if I told you it got better. I am not looking forward to three. My child has been a terror the past week. It's obviously to much to ask to go at least one day without a full on bloody curdling screaming, kicking, fighting tantrum. But the sweetness is also more when he wants. You know those commercials for Sour Patch Kids, where they are really naughty and then super sweet. Yep that is my kid. You go this momma, you rock always remember that!

@diaphena OMGoodness is your co-worker named John. LOL I swear I used to work with that exact same person. He would walk up see how many patients we have and what they are here for and then do nothing to move them along. So irritating. 

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Conversation

How long do you think you'll be here? A couple months probably, but honestly no idea at this point

How have things been going? Meh it just depends on the day. Today I was at a play date and playing with my friends 1 y.o. and I realized how much I miss that age. 

Any R/R? See my comment to Cecil above...Toddlers stealing all my sanity

GTKY: Who's your favorite author? Hmmmm I am a mystery/suspense reader. I have recently started reading Mary Higgins Clarke, while her novels are older and a bit dated I enjoy her way of story telling and style of writing. I never grow tired of James Patterson. I also enjoy Jodi Picoult 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat No not John but maybe his twin brother lol. This morning we were short staffed briefly cause people were stuck in traffic from a wreck... he was goofing off until he realized that there were clients ready and he was one of the only people available, so all of a sudden he remembered something ~*super important*~ he had to finish and shut himself in his office. My eyes rolled so hard I thought they'd fall out of my head!

You and @CecilB93 are both rock stars for weathering the toddler stage. From what I know from my friends with kids, it's the most difficult stage! Y'all got this.
  • This thread makes me want to start a BOTB book club...
  • @kindbytealikat thanks girl! You rock, too!! I will say I've heard that three is worse than two  :#
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Nearly a week late to my own dang thread...

@CecilB93 I'm so happy that you're almost there! I lost my BBT and had to buy a new one, so I feel you on that. I definitely understand the short temper. That's going to be something I struggle with if we do end up getting KU. I actually remember Lurlene McDaniels' books from when I was growing up, too!

@diaphena I know there are a couple of us left, at least! Hopefully once you guys start, it won't be too stressful! Aren't lazy coworkers fun? I loathe people like that. I can deal with them to a point, but after a while, I just have to walk away.

@kindbytealikat I've actually never read anything by Mary Higgins Clarke. Any recommendations? I hope today is a good day for you!

@emiliadkay I kind of agree! I think that would be fun!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA. We're almost there!

What brings you here? Conversation!

How long do you think you'll be here? I'll probably continue to hang out here once we start. TTGP doesn't really feel like the best fit for me, so I think I'll just stay here.

How have things been going? They've been okay, for the most part. Yesterday afternoon was hard. We went to a character restaurant at WDW for brunch (characters come around to your table to take pics and stuff) and seeing them all with all these little babies and toddlers just hurt. I'm not sure if it was just the baby thing or not. I've been emotional a lot lately for some reason.

Any R/R? I woke up with a massive headache today. We spent our anniversary yesterday at Magic Kingdom, which was a lot of fun.

GTKY: Who's your favorite author? Surprise, surprise, I love Stephen King. I also love Clive Barker (he wrote the novella that became Hellraiser). Outside of horror, I also like JK Rowling, Tolkien, and some Shakespeare.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020