January 2018 Moms

Showing the Bump. What's acceptable?

https://www.google.com/amp/metro.co.uk/2017/09/07/pregnant-woman-says-a-restaurant-turned-her-away-for-wearing-a-crop-top-6909207/amp/

Ran across this today. Was wondering what you ladies thought. I personally am on the resturant side. Crop tops are not appropriate dress for a steakhouse. I became a bit livid though reading through some of the comments and how they described the pregnant body. 

Re: Showing the Bump. What's acceptable?

• Loading the player...
  • @scatteringashes can we be friends? I need this comment in my life.

• But. A lot of this sort of thing is coming from a place of increased empathy. People have greater power than ever to share their stories and experiences, and that's leading to more discussion of how the way we speak and behave impacts the people around us. We didn't have a lexicon for fat-shaming when I grew up, nor did we have open conversations about mental health. Kids growing up with this vocabulary are, IMO, going to be a lot better equipped to use empathy and also process their own experiences and emotions.

*weird quote box fail*
    @scatteringashes

• So I'm a nerd and googled the restaurant... the yelp photos make it look like a Sizzlers, Outback would be nicer. The restaurant apologized in the article for the staffs misunderstanding, and it makes me feel like the hostess was probably just a B with a power trip. Pregnant lady should've talked with a manager/supervisor. 
  • In my opinion... wear what makes you feel good. Who cares what other people's opinions are. If you don't like seeing other people feel good in what they wear, don't look. Focus on yourself. 
  • @scatteringashes I would just like to chime in and add that much to my husband's dismay, I appear to be a women who formerly fuc#ed. We did it last week and OMG did it hurt, so that's it for me, ladies! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020