Trying to Get Pregnant

American Horror Story 1st Episode!!

So... what did everyone think?

I think I'm going to like this season. I liked the overtly cliche characters mocking both the far right maniacs and the pampered liberal elites. I'm guilty of behaving somewhat like Paulson's character Ally. I don't have the phobias or anxiety she suffers from but I definitely had a general feeling of malaise and sickness ever since the election. We watched the election with a friend of ours and we all went to bed early when we knew hope was lost. None of us were happy and we were in disbelief. The next day I went to work and had a meeting where we all cried - I know that sounds dramatic but my fears have been affirmed as of late. What scares me more than the social justice issues (which would've cropped up with any republican president, really) is the complete lack of stability amidst various threats. We have no leadership. The chaos that Kai represents is definitely present.

I liked the line "There's nothing more dangerous than a humiliated man." Ain't that the truth.

It's shaping up to be an awesome season! I always love the cinematography and acting in this show. The supermarket clown scene scared the crap out of me. I kept looking out my window to make sure one wasn't staring at me while I watched the show.

Re: American Horror Story 1st Episode!!

• @wishiwaspreggo I actually stayed up to watch. I couldn't believe it. I'm paying the price today...

I like it so far. It's funny, because I have a fear of clowns, but...scary ones don't bother me. Normal everyday clowns bother me. I get very anxious if I see one in person. Everyone's like, oh are you going to watch? It has clowns! But eh whatever. I'm also super psyched for "It".

I'm not a very political person, but I definitely relate more to Ally than Kai. I just hope it's not Sarah Paulson having panic attacks and clowns f-ing each other and gratuitous murder scenes for 12 episodes. I keep hearing how it's better than Murder House, but we shall see. Murder House is my favorite season by FAR, probably one of my most favorite seasons of any show ever. It'll be hard to live up to it for me. 
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Dafuq
    Is it not on demand??? I was in bed and skipped over everything you guys wrote since I didn't watch! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ally reminds me so much of my friend, it is crazy.    I don't have a fear of clowns, but I have some pretty severe phobias, so in that sense, I can kind of relate to what she is feeling.  It is infuriating when people don't understand your fears.  

At first, I was a little frustrated to see the political spin, I am too emotional messed up lately to deal with world problems, so I need an escape sometimes, but the longer the episode went on I was okay with it.

TW.... I found it really ironic how Winter (I think that was her name) made a comment about not giving a TW about Trump winning the election.... But then made a comment about where will she get abortions now... Which I had my D&C today for my MMC so it made me really upset.    And maybe it was meant to be ironic..  End TW.
  • Finally caught the episode on demand. So far I'm on board and I'm hoping this season is a good one 

@holly321 I'm with you. Initially i was like ok enough of the election and political shit. But as it went on it got better. I just hope it's not like a main theme. I use this type of stuff as my escape from the shit that's going on. 

@RVAmom315 It is on spike tonight! I have a reminder set 
    Also I agree that murder house was the best!! I feel like I keep watching each season hoping that one will finally live up to my expectations bc of it, but so far...no dice.