Pregnant after IF
Options

PAIF graduates - New Mommies - September

124»

Re: PAIF graduates - New Mommies - September

• Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! We tried the stage 1 nipples again. She easily took an oz, then decided she was full. Didn't want to nurse for another 1.5 hours after that. I'm guessing she just doesn't eat a lot during each session. Looks like we can this attempt successful! We'll see if she keeps taking them now that we have the temperature figured out.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a new mommy to boy/girl twins that are now a couple weeks old. I'm worried sick every time I put them to sleep that something could go wrong. This fear is prob irrational yet it means I'm getting little to no sleep bc I keep checking on them to see if they are breathing. We have them in separate bassinets right by my bedside so I cknstantly look up to see what they are up to. Anyways, I'm considering getting one of those expensive monitors that alert you if there's a change in breathing patterns. Any suggestions? Do they give any of you piece of mind? Am I the only nut job that isn't sleeping bc of fear instead of bc of a crying baby? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mous-2 I was the same way after my twins came home from the nicu. I bought the owlets. I'm actually trying to sell them right now because we dont use them. We used them for about 3 weeks then we got used to their breathing habits and routine and I felt better. But when they were itty bitty it was scary. Its up to you. Your piece of mine maybe worth it. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Options
    @kelrauh what specifically did you get used to? I'm getting up every 5 min to look over my bed at them to make sure they're ok :( did you like the owlets when you were using them? Did they also give you piece of mind?
  • Options
    @mous-2 its hard to explain. Its like you get in sync with them. I know every noise they make and which one makes it even if its across the house. Its that mom sense that everyone talks about. I do still wake up to check on them more than I probably should but I worry. I did like the owlets they definitely allowed me to sleep better. I knew that I would get woken up if they weren't okay. The nice thing about the owlets is that they were able to sync to your phone.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Options
    Hi @mous-2, welkome and congratulations.

My griend used the owlets and i wisheid i knew about them before.
    My LO slept on me, so I felt she was ok, but when I finally managed to put her down away from me I checked often.
    Now she’ll be 1 year on the 1st and I‘m doing better.
    Yet she is taking an extremely long nap so I keep turning on the video screen. Luckily she’s a mover, so she’s in a different position all the time, which tells me she’s ok.
    It gets better, like kelrauh said, you get in sync with them and know all their sounds and breathing. 
    By now I don’t have the sound on at night and don’t check unless I wake up by myself and then I turn on the screen to see how she’s sleeping.

The monitors are expensive, but your sleep and relaxing mind are sooooo worth it!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @mous-2 For some, those monitors are great, but will it give you the peace of mind you need to sleep? Will you trust it or will you still wake up to check? I think we've all been there, worried something will go wrong when we first bring them home. Like @kelrauh said, you get more comfortable after you learn them.