February 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 8/31

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   

2) How are you feeling?   

3) Are you showing?    

4) Any appointments this week/last?    

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?   

6) GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it now?     

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 8/31

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   Me first! 18 weeks today, side of a croissant or artichoke!

2) How are you feeling?   Nausea is dying down (but not totally gone), and sleeping is getting harder so it's a wash lol.

3) Are you showing?    I really think it depends on the outfit and what I ate lol.

4) Any appointments this week/last?    Just a dermatologist one. My crazy stupid eczema in the 1st tri is finally manageable!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Unrelated to pregnancy, just not happy that I have a large car bill this week. 

6) GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it now?  When I was a kid I wanted to be an entertainment lawyer, like for the stars. Then I realized how much school and reading would be involved in law.... so not that now!

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   16 weeks, an avocado!

2) How are you feeling?   Honestly, not bad! Some nausea here and there, but bearable. 

3) Are you showing?    what @clc515 said "I really think it depends on the outfit and what I ate lol" I usually am bigger later in the day.

4) Any appointments this week/last?    Not until 9/12. I hate how they make you wait a month in between!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I was laying down watching TV (Master Chef!), and thought I felt the baby move...or it could have just been gas. FTM, so I have no idea! It was a flutter here and there.

6) GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it now?  I enjoyed watching CSI and solving puzzles, so I thought getting into forensics would be really cool. However, I am nowhere near that type of job!

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  
    16 weeks, an avocado 

2) How are you feeling?   

I think, I hope, I am starting to turn the corner with nausea.  Yesterday was a bit better.  Today is back and forth, so I am cautiously optimistic.

3) Are you showing?

Yeah, a bit.

4) Any appointments this week/last?    

Nope.

Not this week.

6) GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it now?     

I guess around middle school I started considering engineering.  And that's where I ended up.  Love math and science - chemistry especially.  My career has definitely not followed any path I would've guessed, I'm in management now, but I love it.

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   16 weeks, an avocado

2) How are you feeling?   Pretty good these days.  Nausea has died down and I've had enough energy to take yoga classes and generally function again.

3) Are you showing?    Yes, there's a bump there.  It's still at the "is she pregnant or did she gain some weight?" stage, but it's there.

4) Any appointments this week/last?    Had an appointment last week and now nothing until the end of September.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?   I am the worst at remembering to take my prenatal vitamins!  Anyone have any tips on how to remember?

6) GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it now?    I wanted to be a veterinarian or an actress.  At some point I decided I was better suited to be a business person, but I never would have guessed my career path either.

DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks today! Baby as big as a naval orange...or a softball? We get big naval oranges in California!  

2) How are you feeling?   Hungry! No appetite for weeks and now I'm always hungry.

3) Are you showing?    Yes

4) Any appointments this week/last?    Today. Baby's heartbeat is galloping along & he/she is moving so much it startled the doctor. Lol

6) GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it now?     I wanted to be a lawyer. I hated math, I love arguing and research. I'm a cost accountant. Go figure.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 17 weeks! Baby is a pomegranate, on both apps it's the same for once

2) How are you feeling?   Mostly good. Little things now, leg aches, posture issues, noticing I'm walking differently, weird dreams and sleeping changes. And yes agreed, hungry!

3) Are you showing? In some clothes but not others, defintely later in the day and after lunch. Others probably wouldn't assume pregnant all the time but knowing my own body I think I look it. I love watching the belly grow.

4) Any appointments this week? Nope, but I listened to the heartbeat on my Doppler at home and it's strong as ever which is exciting. 

6) GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it now? Can't remember anything much when I was little, dancer or actress maybe? Then as a teen I thought pastor or counselor. Eventually I got into anti violence work, related to sexual violence. So it's still in the spirit of helping others. 

• @awb1216 I'm so bad about my prenatals. They make me queasy so I take them right before I pass out each night. They're on my night stand so i always see them when i go to turn off my lamp.
  • @awb1216 It's hard for me to remember, too. I had to get one of those containers with a box for each day of the week. That way I can see whether or not I took it that day before I go to bed... because part of my problem is remembering if I did take it or not haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • awb1216 said:
    5) Rants/Raves/Questions?   I am the worst at remembering to take my prenatal vitamins!  Anyone have any tips on how to remember?

Stuck in the box, but butting in from the Wednesday ticker group.  I set my phone to remind me (reminders app on iPhone) each morning at breakfast time.  I have two set- one for weekends, one for weekdays, since the time is different, but this has helped me a ton! I also have a tiny container with 1 or 2 of them in my lunchbox for work so that if I do forget at breakfast for some reason, I can still take them when I remember. :)