1st Trimester
Options

Solo business owner and first pregnancy

Hello,
I am currently 8 weeks pregnant, my first pregnancy. I am also a solo business owner.
So far this pregnancy has not been very easy; nausea, fatigue, headaches, and just general lack of focus or motivation. Being the only person that determines whether I bring in any money or not from my business has been very stressful. My DH is very supportive, however I can't help but feel extremely rushed to accomplish my work goals and have steady income in the 7-8 months, I don't want to lose my business when I have to take some time off. Yet completely feel like I can't do much else but watch t.v. right now either :( 

I have worked hard to establish my business over the past few years but it is still growing and is not where I would like it to be. It also bugs me to realize that I am completely dependent on my DH financially and I am not contributing my part. 
Any other Moms or soon-to-be Mom's out there handling this similar stress?

Re: Solo business owner and first pregnancy

• Options
    What kind of business do you run? I make shirts, decals, etc and was able to force through a few things during that awful first trimester AND moving. If it won't hurt you financially and you won't lose your business all together, it's totally worth taking a break. I personally only took small orders for one or two shirts. If someone needed something time consuming that I knew would be difficult to manage I referred them to a friend of mine who does the same thing. Loyal customers will always come back and they will realize you have your own life 
  • Options
    Thank you for your input. I am service based, so a lot of it is trading time for money, which is why it can be so difficult when I am not able to put my focus on clients, it can be draining. Otherwise it is networking/marketing, getting in front of people to try to gain clients, which once again has just been exhausting to think about. 
    I think since I feel so cruddy my confidence just isn't there. 
    Thank you for your encouragement!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally understand. I always wonder how school teachers manage through morning sickness and everything else. Hopefully it will be short lived for you and you'll be back at it soon.