February 2018 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday | 8.29

We missed Monday Bitchfest, so let's do a Twatwaffle Tuesday. What or who is being a twatwaffle?
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday | 8.29

• The parents dropping kids off at school who let their precious angels put in the middle of the street and hold up traffic. This is so they don't have to pull into the drop off location. This is also HS. So also HS drivers who still don't know what a stop sign means.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• My boss. He's back from vacation and already sent out 8 manager emails. I go in at 3 and I'm dreading our meeting today. I seriously think "you don't pay me enough" is going to be my answer to everything today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you, @eggplantface. I needed this today!

This week's Twatwaffle is PENNDOT (specifically vehicle registration in the great state of PA). I got pulled over on my lunch break because my registration was "expired." It is, in fact, not expired. I paid $77 in July to renew it for 2 yrs. I have my registration card and the email receipt from PENNDOT showing I paid, but it's coming up in the system as expired. After getting a ticket, spending 20 minutes convincing the officer it was a "glitch" in the system, and bursting out in tears, I got to spend the rest of my lunch break on the phone with PENNDOT who could only tell me what "the system" says and put a note in my file for the system managers. GRRRRRR.  

Hell hath no fury like a pregnant woman wronged, who is also simultaneously nauseas and hungry, and is stopped from getting the cheesy egg sandwich she is so desperately craving.
  • That is infuriating @babybro218

This week's TW is a sexist male pig in my profession. He is a nightmare and on the top of my "I would punch you in the face if there were no consequences" list. 
  • The random dude that stood in the field behind my house this morning at 8 and blew a whistle non stop for half an hour. 

This is not the first time it's happened.....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My OB office. I really don't enjoy these monthly appointments when all you do is pee in a cup and listen to the heartbeat (okay... i do enjoy that part). I'm there for AN HOUR AND A HALF with my 2 year old to be seen for literally 3 minutes. I just don't understand why they take so long to see you. 

Thankfully everything is fine, but I'm hoping they won't continue to be this far behind at every appointment. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babybro218 Critical thinking skills are vital, you'd think he'd see your paperwork and let it go but noooo. Like you carry around a forged receipt just in case you get pulled over...

@ash0625 I've got one of those, unfortunately he's the big boss of my organization so there's nothing I can do about it. He's a known misogynist and sexual harasser, but because the hiring manager in charge of filling the position was brand new himself, he didn't know about the complaints against the guy. You'd think a red flag would be that he was passed over for every other promotion he's applied for...
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface THAT is a nightmare. I'm sorry. Thankfully my guy is just opposing counsel on a case, but he is TRYING ME this week. 
  • My OB office. I really don't enjoy these monthly appointments when all you do is pee in a cup and listen to the heartbeat (okay... i do enjoy that part). I'm there for AN HOUR AND A HALF with my 2 year old to be seen for literally 3 minutes. I just don't understand why they take so long to see you. 

Thankfully everything is fine, but I'm hoping they won't continue to be this far behind at every appointment. 
    This!  Same for me.  I feel like I need to take the whole day off work for a 15 minute thing.  I love my OB though.
  • Pretty much everyone complaining about their cruises/vacations potentially being cancelled from all of the flooding and damage Harvey caused. I get it, that's a bummer, think it in your head and don't post it in a community of people who have lost their homes, pets, posessesions, LIVES. 
    I'm with you there. I'm frustrated for my sister who's stuck on a cruise ship in the gulf right now, but it is smaller potatoes than what others in Texas are facing. <3

pissed at carnival though for continuing to charge for things like nonalcoholic beverages.
  • hms1219 said:
    The mom at the playground letting her 10 year old play on the small playground (there is a bigger one about 10 feet away for bigger kids) and just standing there while he pushes the toddlers and smaller kids around. Then snapping at me when I asked him to stop pushing my kid at the top of the slide. Grrr get off your phone and watch your kid!
    This is exactly how my son chipped his tooth this summer.  Older kids running around, acting like fools on the little kid playground and one ran into my toddler.  I am still mad about it! lol
  • @magnolia305 it infuriates me!  I let my 2 and 4 year old play on the big kid one when we are there alone, but when other kids show up and mine are in the way, we move to the smaller one. 
  • hms1219 said:
    The mom at the playground letting her 10 year old play on the small playground (there is a bigger one about 10 feet away for bigger kids) and just standing there while he pushes the toddlers and smaller kids around. Then snapping at me when I asked him to stop pushing my kid at the top of the slide. Grrr get off your phone and watch your kid!
    I've called out sooo many parents on this.  I don't care if it offends them… There is a reason why there's a separate program for older kids.  Ours are clearly marked  five and under only, or under 40in tall. Learn to read.  My son got pushed off the top of the slide bc of this ( thankfully he is fine) so I'm no longer nice about it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babybro218 that sucks! Ny Dmv have my husband the run around for 3 weeks with a similar issue.  Hopefully it gets straightened out quickly for you. 

@pandappanderson bwah-ha-ha-ha that is so funny but must also totally suck! Is it the property owner or just some  random dude?

@Starynightsky24 could you ask for the 1st appointment in the morning? Those are usually not so far behind. 

@TattoosandLace the cruise is charging for non alcoholic drinks? Aren't those usually free? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @TattoosandLace my parents said they were letting people do the cheers package with one person per room instead of the two they usually require. They're also getting fed and everything so I don't think it's too big of a deal! 

• @mamaof5already  I can't  because I have to take my son to school first :/ 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Going on four days sick with a sinus infection and of course can't take any of the stuff that actually works...finally drag my pregnant ass to the doctor when a nurse that works there is literally trying to go around me and an elderly man with a cane entering the doors to the point where she literally tries to pass us, stops, and huffs. I stop in my tracks, make a grand gesture with my arm, and say "please, go, since we are so clearly in your way". I might've said it LOUDLY and with an audience in the waiting room, but she definitely got the point. Definition of a twatwaffle. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!