December 2017 Moms
Options

monday ticker change!

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are your baby preparations going? (Nursery/ Registry/ Etc.)

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: monday ticker change!

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  I am 24 weeks, baby is a GI Joe

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? I'm feeling good... other than the baby moving around and the occasional gagging I don't feel pregnant! My eating has been awful the last week and a half, though...

3) Any appointments this week/last? My 24 week appointment is tomorrow

We have a Babies R Us registry and I'm debating making an amazon one... I'm not sure we have enough items on our registry...
    We haven't started the nursery yet... DH has hired a guy to strip the wallpaper and paint, bUT he's working on other jobs right now.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? My pregnancy has really clicked for DH in the past week or so... he has become so much more excited, it's awesome! He calls me everyday on his way home from work to check in and see if I need anything... I could get used to such an attentive hubby... he also made a comment the other night to the effect that he is emotionally attached to the baby now!

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? Ooof... this is a tough one! I don't know that fame is in the cards for me, lol. I guess maybe I'd be on a cooking show... I love to cook!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks, size of a VHS tape

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? I'm feeling pretty good. My appetite is back. Sleep still sucks, but I only anticipate that getting worse from this point on. Overall happy :)

3) Any appointments this week/last?  have and appointment with my midwife tomorrow. I'm thinking they will schedule my glucose test then, and also I have a follow up with my MFM next week for another ultrasound to see if my placenta has migrated up.

Baby prep is going good in terms of purchases. I have actually purchased a ton of stuff, just a few odds and ends and then getting the nursery together. I registered more to keep track of things I still need and completion discounts at Amazon, BBB, and target but since this is #3 I'm not really sharing that info.  

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm actually feeling pretty good about the progress I've made preparing for baby. I've been really anxious with fall approaching because we are SO incredibly busy from this weekend basically until baby comes. Between school stuff, trip to UT, special ed stuff for DS1, football practice, 2 family get togethers, birthdays, Halloween, DS1s birthday, thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas shopping......ugh it's going to be a crunch. But so far I think I'm going to manage. RANT: weather is back up in the 100s all week. I have NOTHING to complain about compared to all the poor folks in Texas, but I will say I'm excited for some fall weather.

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? hmm, I have no idea. I'm not particularly talented in anything. I think being a world-famous author would be pretty cool. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  26 weeks, a bowling pin.

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? Im feeling okay. Pretty tired today. Mondays are hard! I'm craving sugar today..I want like a king size snickers! I think its because I've been counting carbs (gestational diabetes) so I've cut out a lot of the crap i was eating...it's getting easier!

3) Any appointments this week/last? appointment/ultrasound on Friday

ohh things are coming along. My mom/sister come up with a bag of things every weekend! I need to start getting the big things we don't have like a dresser!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? today I did a good deed..this guy I don't particularly like at work (gossip queen) but I was once friends with locked his keys in his car and needed a ride home bc he was pretty sure he had spare. I happened to be in the break room when he was on the phone asking for prices for locksmith. He almost started crying because he didn't have the money. I told him to let me know if I could do anything and he asked for a ride..I feel pretty good to be able to let things go and be a good person but also not needing to be friends.

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? hmm no idea! It would be awesome to write a top selling book!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    25 weeks, papaya or cauliflower!
     My SPD is pretty bad, also mild heartburn... Craving sweets most of the time.
    nope!
    Not getting much done. This is number two, so I did organize DD's clothes by age.
    I never feel like cooking at the end of the day. I'd have a bowl of scrambled eggs if it were up to me! DH doesn't cook, though, so when he's in charge of dinner we get take out, which doesn't help the aforementioned heartburn!
    I'm an open water swimmer, so maybe something related to that! When I was a kid I wanted to be in the Saturday Night Live band, but I think that ship has sailed...ha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited August 2017
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    26 weeks! Baby is as big as kale, butternut squash, a Big Gulp, or Tickle Me Elmo

Currently out of town and feeling constipated and Braxton-Hicks-y. Blaaah, I want to be home!
    (ETA: Cravings for all the sweets. Almost ordered 2 desserts last night. Yikes.)

Next week Wednesday I have a check-in & my glucose test. 

My registry is all done, but I'm starting to think my mom isn't going to have a shower for me even though she said she would, so that kind of sucks. The nursery is basically not coming along, but I'm making good progress on the basement, which is where the office furniture is going. And I already bought the crib & changing table, they're still in their boxes. Have to pick out paint colors, a rug & curtains and a new ceiling light for when that room is finally emptied out. Long way to go!

At my appointment next week I'm going to bring up the fact that baby's movements still aren't super strong or consistent, which has me more and more worried at this point. I know you're not supposed to start counting until weeks 28-30, but I'm already at 26, shouldn't I be pretty close to consistent by now? I can feel little movements occasionally (I think every day at this point), but the movements are pretty mild and sporadic, and DH still can't feel anything from the outside. :(

Oh gosh. Something food-related, maybe? Like coming up with the actual "world's best" recipe for something, probably involving cheese? (But unlike @kdestito, I'm not actually very good at cooking, haha)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks - Cauliflower/GI Joe

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? Tons of Pressure and now sharp pains in my bum. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? None til the 14th. 

I started cleaning the area for the crib and ordered fabric for the quilt, but other than that just stocking up on diapers. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave - my sister came over to help me go through two closets to help clear room for the baby - and my closet was getting out of control.  Rant - my DH gave me shit about it because I should have been able to do all of it an lift everything all by myself while chasing around 2 kids.. (I wish they got it)

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? Probably making something outlandish.  All of my craft projects become way bigger than they need to be.  But other than that I have no real talent unless I won the lottery or something. 

@kersey0208 I have a feeling that I'll have GD too.  So not looking forward to losing carbs.  I had it last time too. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks. a barbie dall

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? overall pretty good. no specific cravings, still some aversions. I've been trying to cut out sweets and had been doing really well till this weekend and then I ate all the crap but back on track now.

3) Any appointments this week/last? nope nothing till the end of next week

pretty good. we moved the dresser into the room, we have the chair, we have toddler beds for the twins and eventually will move them into them and put one of the cribs in the baby room. I also dug all the infant cloths out of storage... now to just put them away!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? overall chugging along

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? mmm this is tough...I have no clue!

@kdestito thats great that DH is getting more excited about the baby.
    @ngarciabyu hope your appointment goes well today
    @kersey0208 cutting carbs is rough at first. glad its getting easier though
    @lavashiner I am a bit ambivalent about food right now and would probably eat cereal every night if DH didnt cook.
    @djd0404 do you have an anterior placenta? The MW/ US tech never said anything till I asked. I feel sporadic movements but not nearly as much as last time and they are way more muffled.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @wabash15 Yes I do, and I'm really hoping that's the reason the movements still feel so gentle/are only really on the inside. Although I will say, today I felt some pretty decent little thuds as I sat through a bunch of boring lectures. I've noticed they seem strongest when my arms are crossed and resting on my belly, I think he's trying to tell me to stop invading his already limited space. (So of course I do it more just to feel the movement! I'm guess I'm going to be a mean mom, haha.)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @djd0404 with my anterior placenta the movements are way less distinct than with the twins. I also don't feel it regularly. I may go days without feeling anything. I also find that if i am sitting at my desk and i lean forward crowding this little one that is when I'm most likely to feel something. (I guess that makes me a mean mom too!)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17