January 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • @Shanski70 - I kind of side with the person who did the post but probably because I'm in a similar situation except we've been waiting for a year for our tree guy to come remove everything and I would be annoyed if someone reported us instead of addressing it with us first. Our guy was supposed to chip it all up into mulch but apparently a neighbor told him he could just push it all onto the bank beside our house which we did not tell him he could do but didn't realize that's what he did until he left. We've gotten two angry emails from our HOA about it (the HOA president lives across from the bank) and we can't get the guy to come take care of it but I refuse to pay another company to come do it when it's something we've already technically paid for. To be fair, we are not at a main neighborhood entrance but they might not necessarily mean that everything has been cleared when they say it's been addressed. They could just mean that they've spoken with the tree company and made arrangements for them to finally pick everything up.
  • @gusgus14, I totally get your point, and honestly I don't really care about the tree limbs.  What annoys me is that she ends her passive aggressive post with "We are nice people."  

As an aside, our city's code enforcement is crazy strict.  So in actuality they probably saw the limbs themselves (since their house sits at the entrance of the subdivision) and notified her of the violation.  It probably wasn't a complaint from a neighbor, even though she implies that it was. 

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @Shanski70 - that's fair. I didn't even notice the "We are nice people" comment. Yikes :/ 
  • Heh, you judgy types are the reason I'm afraid to put anything on my registry. I think it currently has a baby bathtub, a car sunshade, and 2 carseat bases on it. 
  • @auntieraindrop the biggest thing I side eye on a baby registry is the bedding sets, and only because nothing but a fitted crib sheet is safe for little babes right away. I've seen people asking for 2 car seats, 3 strollers and clothes upon clothes upon clothes. Every person is different though, and really most people's are definitely fine- those excessive registries are usually coming from people who go way over the top with everything and whine when they don't get their big ticket items. I think I know too many teen moms though...(not saying all teen moms are like that, just the ones I happen to know and whose showers I've been to.)
  • KatieElKatieEl member
    edited August 2017
    @schaze @auntieraindrop yes! it's people registering for three different high chairs (not even for separate houses, but ones each newborn, baby, and toddler stage) or tons of designer clothes or 6 car seats (true story).

ETA I do totally side eye baby bjorns too, I can't help it!  But mostly, I'm pretty live and let live unless it's over the top excessive.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I spent the day with DS because our daycare was closed today. I was so tired after we got home from shopping that after I laid DS down for a nap, I laid down on the couch. It's now hours later... DS is up, DH is home from work, and I still haven't moved from my spot on the couch.
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KatieEl What's the deal with Baby Bjorns? They seem cheaper than an Ergobaby. Just curious...
  • @PleaseSendPicklesNow Hmm. Makes sense. And, my husband had never seen Lost so I'm rewatching with him while he watches it for the first time! We are halfway through the first season - sooo good!!
  • That's exactly where we are--halfway through the first season.  

I'm surprised by how dated the clothes on the show seem. So many low, low-slung jeans with tiny spaghetti strap tank tops!
  • @madcouplewithabox Put the glider on the registry! If you're registering at a store thst sells the glider you want, it makes sense. The 15% registry completion discount will make a big dent in the price. 
  • @caeilievalor @PleaseSendPicklesNow it's mainly that it doesn't put the baby in the optimal ergonomic position for long periods of baby wearing, even if it doesn't cause hip dysplasia.  And I just don't get going for that one when there are so many better options available today.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • gusgus14 said:Mon
    @madcouplewithabox I agree with @PleaseSendPicklesNow We put all of our big ticket stuff on our registries, not because we expect people to buy them for us but because we're planning on buying them ourselves with the registry discount! 
    I agree! We're doing the same thing. But it's also a good shopping list for my forgetful self!
  • We actually put our glider on our registry too, but after the showers were over. The other big things I got for crazy cheap on Black Friday!
  • I should wait for Black Friday for so many things.... but I'm sooooo impatient! Lol
  • We put the nice monitor that DH decided we needed on our registry. After the shower I used the completion discount and some gift cards to get it for very cheap OOP! If people see you have a big ticket item that's out of their budget, we definitely got a few gift cards "for" a particular item.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies