February 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change | 8.25

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What was your favorite toy/activity as a kid? (I'm curious to see the differences in responses from the older/younger ladies!)

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Friday Ticker Change | 8.25

• Happy Friday! 
    1. 15 weeks, baby is size of avocado 
    2. Feeling ok, tired but overall ok
    3. No appointments this week
    4. I got nada for this 
    5. Favorite toy as kid... probably strawberry shortcake or my little ponies, which it's crazy to see are back now! My dd loves my little ponies 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
     15 weeks! Size of a navel orange!

2) How are you feeling?
    Depends on the day but overall ive been feeling good! 

Just had a check up yesterday and everything seems great! Baby's heartbeat was 166bpm! No appointments for a month now 

None

5) GTKY: What was your favorite toy/activity as a kid? (I'm curious to see the differences in responses from the older/younger ladies!)
    Mine were definitely barbies! My two sisters and I shared a room and we would have our whole room turned into a Barbie town! My mom just pulled them baribies out of her closet a few weeks ago and my nieces just love to play with them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    15 weeks - size of an 8 pack of crayons. 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good
    yesterday. Got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Almost had another sonogram when Squish hid from the doctor's Doppler. 
    eh. Not really. 
    I was a nerd child. I have always loved reading. I'd ask for new books for Christmas/birthdays. I taught myself to read in preschool. I was also in competitive gymnasts and always asked for my own beam at home...which I never got. *eye roll*
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks, haven't seen the app today to know fruit.

2) How are you feeling? Currently starving. Otherwise OK. I have some food aversions (things taste weird) and RLP. I think in my HIIT class I'm going to have to start substituting squats for ab moves, because my abs were not happy with me yesterday!

3) Any appointments this week? Nope.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My coworker volunteered to go to Chick-fil-A to get a bunch of us lunch. I can't wait.

Riding bikes with my best friend was most of my weekends as a kid. Of course, no helmet and no supervision. As for toys, child of the 80s right here (I hope these aren't huge):

And my one and only Peaches and Cream Barbie:

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• 1.16 weeks- size of an avocado
    2.pretty good! This week my nausea really calmed down (again) and my stuffy nose, while still stuffy, is getting less annoying - mainly because I've been congested for a month now so I just stopped noticing
    3. None until after Labor Day 
    4. I got a body/ pregnancy pillow- the rejuvenation one on Amazon- and it's great! Helps me get comfy in bed and sleep with less tossing and turning 
    5.my favorite activity as a kid was make believe - I had a very vivid imagination and spent most of the time playing made up games or pretending I was a teacher/ athlete/ little orphan Annie/ adventurer / doctor etc . My parents barely bought me toys because I rarely bothered w them. I attribute the imagination to how much my mom read to us and how many books/stories we knew . Thanks mom!
  • 1. 15 weeks, the size of a naval orange.
    2. Not too bad.
    3. Went in for a quick check yesterday because I thought I was spotting (I wasn't). Everything was good and the HR was in the 160s! Next appt is in 2.5 weeks.
    4. I have a lot of rants (apologies in advance): school starts Monday and my computer is already broken and my class schedule SUCKS. I don't know how I would handle this year if I wasn't pregnant, let alone now. Also, I'm questioning the need for a bachelorette party for a woman in her late 30's. I'm trying to go with a positive attitude (although I'm quite cranky today), but it doesn't help that it's at a karaoke bar/sushi restaurant. The only way I karaoke is if I'm wasted. So I will sit and watch drunk people sing and eat food I really want but can't touch :'( 
    5. I loved anything crafty and coloring. And my orange teddy bear with a blue bib that had an apple on it.

• 1. 15 weeks, naval orange
    2. SOoooo much better than before.  Nausea gone, just a small amount of tiredness but nothing compared to the fatigue of first trimester.  This may be TMI but guys, my nips hurt...
    3. No appointments this week.
    4. No rants/raves for now.
    5. I loved my barbies and my little ponies.  My dad would take them while I was sleeping sometimes and arrange them in the house getting into mischeif in different ways, like them getting into the baking supplies in the kitchen or having a tea party with my brother's dinosaurs.  I thought that was SO amazing.  I'm gonna do that with my kids when they get older :)