Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: Why My Pregnancy Self is Crying - 8/25

• Because DD has to be sedated for her MRI today.  And because she is having and MRI.  (see STM+ mom thread for details if interested)
    Me: 30 H: 30
  • @becausescience - thinking of you today. I'd be a mess. My DD has struggled with a fever syndrome since she was 2.5 (she's 5.5 now) and all the tests killed me. But she never had to be sedated - that would be extra rough. Hope everything looks good and the medicine continues to work perfectly for her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @becausescience, sorry your DD has to go through that. Hope it goes smoothly for you and her!

My PS4 isn't playing sound for some reason. And it's how I access netflix. So I'm watching Daniel tiger instead. Ugh. 
  • @becausescience I hope the MRI goes well, I'll be thinking of you and your DD.

@justkeeptrying Awww, that does  :( I would try a different HDMI cord if you have one, and see if that fixes it.

I cried yesterday because Sheetz was running on backup power due to a thunderstorm taking out the power, so they couldn't make any hot food. :'( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• So I totally cried last night watching the music video tribute to Paul Walker for Whiz Khalifa's See You Again. What is wrong with me?? I mean I haven't watched any of the movies since he died because I am a big baby anyway and it won't be the same without Bryan but... ugh. MH was laughing so hard at me. 

I also cry cwhen I watch the news. Between everything else and seeing those poor sailors from the USS John McCain I just can't handle it. I want a reset. 

@becausescience thinking of you and YD today. Hopefully everything goes well. <3
  • The news. The news makes me cry, and makes me want to drink. I can't drink, so I cry more.
  • I rewatched last week's GoT tonight and sobbed, AGAIN. (No spoilers but you know what I'm talking about.) Someone in my Twitter timeline visited a pet graveyard in Atlanta today and the inscriptions on the tombstones had me hugging my pup and crying, too. I'm just basically a mess right now. And @HappyMonkey817  I'm right there with you re: the news. I'm finding I'm less engaged right now because otherwise I'm a bawl bag like 24/7. 
  • Grey's Anatomy marathon...every other episode I cry or whimper a bit. Can't get a grip.
  • Because food is not my friend. I'm back to being super disinterested and hungry. Yesterday was tough.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ShawnnaOShawnnaO member
    edited August 2017
    Y'all. We went to Fridays for birthday dinner/ anniversary dinner last night. My meal alone was thirty dollars. I ate almost all of it, got home, and promptly threw up almost 30$ worth of food. Uuugggghhhhh. It makes me not even want to go out to eat anymore because it feels like a waste of money. 

ETA: I thought this was the what I'm eating bored but you know what I cried while I was puking so I'm leaving it here anyway.  :D
  • LaurenAnn0405LaurenAnn0405 member
    edited August 2017

:D Have any of you seen the Windex commercial?  It shows a dad watching his little girl grow up from birth, real tear jerker, I thought I could get through it without crying but nope.  Nothing bad happens in it, it was a happy cry especially since I imagine my own dad might be going through this same feeling now, watching his little grow up and have her own babies, etc (even though this is my 3rd not my 1st :D)

edited for smiley fail

• My little brother and my dad yesterday got into it because my brother left when he was supposed to help us get stuff for a party put away. So of course my dad was agitated and my little brother was agitated that dad was agitated. I had just gotten there to see my family and I wanted a hug from my little brother. I called his name and told him to come say hi to his niece/nephew. He seemed irritated in general but let some of it out on me which really made me sad. I tried not to cry, like get it together Kiersten. But then he realized he was being mean towards me and he said sorry and came and hugged me for 2 minutes and gave me a kiss on the cheek. That made me cry harder. I love my brothers more than anything, we're so close. So to see him be upset and then for him to realize he had hurt my feelings and to show me so much love, ugh.. made my heart melt. I was a hot mess. :(
  • Texas. I'm crying at all the people helping in Texas because that's what America does. That's what Texas does. And my friend shared the story about the pregnant lady, Savanna Greywind in Fargo. Just don't google it. All the tears.
    and I cried this morning because I threw up water. After three days of not getting sick and being able to eat food, I am just hoping that this week is not a repeat of last week. 
  • Wildfire smoke and morning sickness returned today, husband has been gone for 3 weeks, and I am back to feeling hot/gross/tired/nauseated. Some tears were shed while I cooked myself an early lunch..
  • I woke up today feeling absolutely awful again (nauseous, tired, stuffy nose; kind felt like I was getting sick) and was moping around the house (today's my Sunday) until I finally convinced myself to take the dog on a walk because it would "make me feel better." On said walk I tripped on...nothing?... and fell and twisted my ankle (I'm fine but hit my ankle bone pretty hard) and sat on the ground crying for a good 2 minutes. Really glad none of my neighbors saw because it was not a cute moment and I was super embarrassed. 
  • @ShawnnaO, this has been me the last few meals I've craved. I'll insist I NEED it, spend money and time going to get it, devour it and love every bite, and then throw it all up a few minutes later. It is SO upsetting!!!!! And feels like such a waste of money. Ugh! I am so with you on this one!!
  • @SoraLk - I'm crying because I don't have Sheetz anymore.. ever since we left PA. I'm hoping they expand further West here! I miss my Mac N Cheese Bites and my chocolate covered banana frozen mocha!!! :(
  • @crossfitbabybump Oh no! I couldn't imagine being without a Sheetz, so I hope they expand to your area sometime!

BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• @SoraLk - Sheetz being around would have made the first trimester a lot less painful I'm sure, haha! Every year my husband and I go back to PA to visit and our first stop is Sheetz! I miss it so much!
  • I'm crying because of Texas. The tragic stories and the rescue stories are killing me.
  • @HappyMonkey817 Same. I saw an article about the "Cajun Navy" last night and bawled my eyes out.

• Because I had to tell my work about this pregnancy because people are starting to notice.  It was super emotional for a lot of reasons, namely, I feel like because this is my third in three years they aren't going to be happy about another maternity leave.  The biggest reason for my tears, however, were because I was way more apologetic about it than I feel I should have to be.  I'm not sorry.  This baby is loved and wanted.  But my job is competitive, and I'm lucky to be in the position I'm in and super fearful of losing it, so I felt I needed to be apologetic, and I feel so incredibly yucky about that.  

So.  Many.  Emotions.

I used to work in a vicious place and felt the same way about the position I held. 

The Chief HR Officer once told me "these moms have babies once a year. They know how to abuse  FMLA." I felt concern to hear this view on babies, timing, general human intention, etc...
  • @barrelocarol, omg.  Just....omg.  
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• I must either be really good at controlling my emotions or made of stone, because the emotional/crying thing has not been bad for me unless I don't sleep a bunch of nights in a row. MH says I haven't been moody at all. It doesn't hurt that I'm an INTJ (Myers Briggs), which implies I never showed many feelings to being with. I should probably work on that and get some feelings before these babies come lol. 
  • vflux33 said:
    I must either be really good at controlling my emotions or made of stone, because the emotional/crying thing has not been bad for me unless I don't sleep a bunch of nights in a row. MH says I haven't been moody at all. It doesn't hurt that I'm an INTJ (Myers Briggs), which implies I never showed many feelings to being with. I should probably work on that and get some feelings before these babies come lol. 
    I'm not a crier, either. I think of myself as a Vulcan mom. Very logical. Lol
  • Had our second ultrasound today and teared up a little seeing baby move. Then went home and posted my first bump picture on FB for friends and family updating people and the picture of my bump made it really set in that I'm having another baby. Not quite crying but feeling a little overwhelmed, in a good way.  :D
  • And now I'm full out sobbing because someone got on my dead grandpa's Facebook, who I was very close to and who's death was devastating for me, and is liking the pictures of the ultrasound. He would have loved my children. 
  • sarah_haha760sarah_haha760 member
    edited September 2017
    I cried today because I was thinking about having to go back to work after maternity leave and having to leave my tiny little baby with someone else for hours. Which led me to think about their first day of school without me and how I don't want someone to make them feel bad or hurt their feelings. Oh and I'm only 11 weeks and this is my first  lol 
  • I cried today because I was thinking about having to go back to work after maternity leave and having to leave my tiny little baby with someone else for hours. Which led me to think about their first day of school without me and how I don't want someone to make them feel bad or hurt their feelings. Oh and I'm only 11 weeks and this is my first  lol 
    Anyway you can stay home once baby is born?  If you start planning now you have lots of time to figure out the logistics. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • I'm crying because of hemorrhoids. They've gotten so bad that I'm in a foul mood. No remedies are helping.
  • @mamaof5already as of now, no. I need to continue working full time to keep my insurance for myself and the baby once they're here. And my SO works for himself so no insurance there and he just doesn't make enough to support all 3 of us. I may be able to go part time short term. Between that and savings we maaaay be able to "extend" my maternity leave. But right now, it just doesn't look like something I could have long term. Only time will tell I guess. 
  • @sarah_haha760 I'll fully admit that the first day of daycare was very hard.  I cried multiple times.  The second day, I cried twice.  By the third I was okay.  Working is what is best for me and my family.  I carry the better insurance and also after being home for the summer (I'm a teacher), I'm totally not cut out to stay at home full time.  It is totally okay to be sad about it.  I get sad thinking about DD going back to daycare Tuesday, but know she is would thrive wherever her care was.

Personally, @mamaof5already I find the "just stay at home" advice really unhelpful and honestly kind of insulting.  Many families cannot have a parent stay at home.

@HappyMonkey817 Oh that sucks!  Do you have a donut pillow to sit on?  I found that helpful... in the past.
    Me: 30 H: 30
  • I cried today because I was thinking about having to go back to work after maternity leave and having to leave my tiny little baby with someone else for hours. Which led me to think about their first day of school without me and how I don't want someone to make them feel bad or hurt their feelings. Oh and I'm only 11 weeks and this is my first  lol 
    @sara_haha760 I've been there. Like @becausescience mentioned, it IS hard, but it DOES get easier. The balance of work and being a mom isn't always easy just as the balance of being a SAHM isn't always easy, but you get a lot better at it each day. It also makes the moments you're with your LO a little bit sweeter :smile:

When DD was in daycare, another kid bit her in the arm during nap time breaking the skin and emotionally leaving her shaken and uneasy for a few weeks during nap time. I never realized how mad I would feel, although I wasn't surprised, when someone else hurt my kid (even though that someone else was a tiny little one). Admittedly, I fear when the emotional pain happens more than I fear another kid biting her, but that comes with the parent territory. My kids have been extraordinarily loved and daycare has truly been an extension of our family, so I assure you that the moments you worry about are few and far between.

Also, as a teacher, I promise you that there are countless teachers out there who are personally invested in providing a safe and healthy learning environment for your kid (and all the kids), and you will make a great team with any of the teachers who have your LO. Your LO is already so loved :smile:

It'll be hard to go back to work, but it'll be okay, and in fact, it might be great! Surround yourself with the right village :smile:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @HappyMonkey817 Ughhhh! I'm sorry to hear this! I know the heme despair. Just a few more days of this debilitating (at least it is for me) heme nonsense. You've got this and we are ughhhhing with you. 
  • @sarah_haha760 I'll fully admit that the first day of daycare was very hard.  I cried multiple times.  The second day, I cried twice.  By the third I was okay.  Working is what is best for me and my family.  I carry the better insurance and also after being home for the summer (I'm a teacher), I'm totally not cut out to stay at home full time.  It is totally okay to be sad about it.  I get sad thinking about DD going back to daycare Tuesday, but know she is would thrive wherever her care was.

Personally, @mamaof5already I find the "just stay at home" advice really unhelpful and honestly kind of insulting.  Many families cannot have a parent stay at home.

@HappyMonkey817 Oh that sucks!  Do you have a donut pillow to sit on?  I found that helpful... in the past.
     many families also want a parent to stay at home,  but Don't  stop to sit down and look at the actual financials to see iud they can,  even if its just for another 3-6 months or a year.  

Going to work also costs $, and when you take those work costs out,  work clothes,  lunches,  gasoline for commute,  etc. And then look at your expenses,  and cut out some luxuries like s daily dinkin or Starbucks,  dinners out, cable  and cur back on vacations,  also the amount you are not paying for childcare.  it is vey doable for many families. 

In her post she wished she could stay home,  i was muddy wondering if she had looked at all the options.  

My mother laments all the time how she didn't stay at home with me as a baby,  and how she found out years later if she had looked at the finances carefully she could have with or making any huge lifestyle changes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7