TTC After a Loss
Options

I'm new here... lossmentioned

hamboudreauxhamboudreaux member
edited August 2017 in TTC After a Loss
My first pregnancy ended in a MC on July 22 at 7 weeks. My pregnancy symptoms completely disappeared- with the only thing I was experiencing being spotting for two weeks. On the 30th I wasn't bleeding (I thought), so hubby and I did the BD (I started spotting again a few hours later) 
Now almost a month later I am having extreme fatigue (which I also had while pregnant- was never a period symptom for me) and extremely tender breasts for the last two weeks or so- with my period it would only usually last a few days before I started. 
Before I get my hopes up, could this just be my body returning to normal? I took a pregnancy test, but it was negative. But I don't think I would be far enough along for it to be positive anyway. 
I'm asking this more as a "What were your symptoms several weeks after miscarriage" than a "am I pregnant" question. Just really not getting my hopes up at all. This whole thing has just been absolute hell. ): 

Re: I'm new here... lossmentioned

• Options
    Hi there, I'm sorry for your loss.  One thing to really keep in mind is that MC can completely change what used to be "normal" for you in previous cycles, as far as PMS type symptoms are concerned.  So, for now, very tender breasts, extra fatigue, etc, could just be a new normal for you.  For me, I was a bit of the opposite...after my MC I haven't had any premenstrual breast tenderness at all, even though that used to be a major hallmark of the week before my period.  MC just changes things, a lot.  In time you may go back to how it used to be...it's just hard to tell.  I hope everything regulates for you soon!
  • Options
    hamboudreaux The only normal after MC is that there is no normal. Unfortunately, it can take you up to a year to regulate back out to a 'normal' or 'new normal.' If the tests are negative, then I'd def. say you're not PG. I've had all kinds of weird symptoms or more PG symptoms before and during AF the cycles after a MC. Are you temping? It can really help you figure out what your body is doing after MC and I'd highly recommend it!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never heard of temping until I read a few things about it on here. I'll have to start doing that since I feel like the app I used to keep track with will kind of be irrelevant until I'm on a normal cycle that can be predicted by calendar. 
  • Options
    @hamboudreaux I would definitely recommend temping and checking secondary fertility signs. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book if you haven't read it yet. Every female should read it whether or not they're TTC. 

So pretty much all my life I had regular 28 day cycles. AF was so predicable even down to the time of day she would show. Most apps will tell you that with a 28 day cycle you O on day 14. Maybe true for some people but probably not for most as it's a generalization. When I started temping I realized that even though I had a 28 day cycle, I wasn't Oing until day 17 every month. The month I realized this I was TTA and ended up getting pg with DD because DH and I had sex and thought I was past-O in the "safe window". Oops. With DS, I O'd on day 9 and got pregnant. But yet my cycle length was still generally the same, minus a day or two here and there. 

If you want to make sure you are 1) Oing regularly and 2) catching your fertile window, I would definitely recommend temping, even if only for 4-6 months to get to know your body.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3