February 2018 Moms

UO Thursday 8/24

2»

Re: UO Thursday 8/24

• I don't get the whole poop emoji fad either. It makes no sense to me.

My UO is that I actually like the show Caillou. I know a lot of people hate on it but I've always enjoyed it. Though I will admit it could definitely get annoying if you're stuck watching it all the time.

• I agree. I've enjoyed telling close friends and family, but I feel wierd telling people at work. Now that admin and a few teachers know, I'm hoping it spreads on its own. I work with elementary students, so I fully expect for them to have no filter and just ask. I had a first grader ask me if I was pregnant last year when I was bloated from my egg retrieval. 

UO: I don't get the obsession with Chip and Joanna Gaines (sp?). I find them kind of annoying. Especially Chip who is a giant man baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • lainikins said:
    Here is one that is sure to be unpopular here. I do not like pets and do not understand the appeal. They are messy and take a lot of work and time. I am sure there are heartwarming moments and they give you lots of love, but they just make me itchy and sneezy and they leave hair everywhere.  It is one more thing to be constantly thinking about. 
    I have two dogs but I totally get it. This morning I was woken up by my 90-lb dog jumping on the bed on my head. Then he lay down behind my head on my pillow. Then I persuaded him to move to my side and he burrowed in next to me, and there's the heartwarming moment that makes me forget I was woken from precious sleep by a dog on my head :)

@kaitie12-27 I don't even know what Caillou is so I guess I should consider myself lucky?

I also don't like telling people I'm pregnant because they get way more excited than I am and I can't fake it. Although, if it stops them from seeing my belly and thinking I've let myself go lately, then that's a good thing.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• clc515clc515 member
    edited August 2017
    I don't like telling most people I'm pregnant for the same reason. Also, I really feel like it changes how some people, esp at work, look at me. I don't want that! I told one of my closest coworkers last night and she's like, "omg now I feel bad for asking you to do extra stuff!" It's my job. I'm not, like, unable to do anything on a computer anymore. 

Also I have a former "bestie" from high school that I haven't told and I kinda don't want to ... We've known each other since we were 14, but we've never had parallel lives. Typical stuff -- she skipped college, got married at 20, had 4 kids immediately whereas I went on to be a career girl who got married 16 years after she did. This matters cuz we never had "competitiveness" between us so we just hung out and told each other about our lives., Until I got engaged. She was a monster at my bridal shower trying to make it all about her and how she never thought I'd get married and she has sooooo much advice for me, oh and that she knew me better than every single other guest. I am so NOT looking forward to how she'll react when she finds out I'm pregnant... (This is also the girl that told me at 28 that I should get a sedan just in case I wanted a family one day when I had no boyfriend, no plans to get married, and wanted a hot red sports car... cuz I couldn't sell my coupe and trade in one day if that were to happen...)

Edited to point out that I have a desk job, not one that has, like, weight restrictions where being pregnant would affect my work...
  • lainikins said:
    Here is one that is sure to be unpopular here. I do not like pets and do not understand the appeal. They are messy and take a lot of work and time. I am sure there are heartwarming moments and they give you lots of love, but they just make me itchy and sneezy and they leave hair everywhere.  It is one more thing to be constantly thinking about. 
    I liked my dog a lot before I had kids. Now I have to restrain myself from giving her away every time she knocks one of them over on accident (she's a 70 lb shepherd) and makes them cry. Or follows me everywhere and I trip on her. I actually fell and broke my wrist the last time I was pregnant. And my husband wants a puppy...I told him he's getting a baby and we are cut off until he gets a job with less travel
  • @jessilee15, yeah. I like animals enough. I grew up with pets and always thought I would have one of my own, but once I had a kid, there is no way I want one anytime soon. Maybe when they are in college. 
  • There are tones of UO's this week! 
    I am also anti-pets! I am allergic to pretty much all animals with fur and I have no desire to have to pick up dog poop or clean the kitty litter!! 

I cant listen to Cailous whiney voice!

And we decided to annouce our pregnancy on social media (after we told family and close friends) so that I didn't have to tell everyone I talked to that we were expecting. It just never naturally comes out in a conversation. 
    "Oh how are things? What's new?"
    answer: "Things are good. We are expecting!"
    Its just an awkward conversation!! So social media was an easy way to tell everyone. 

And I do not like pumpkin flavour anything! Or apple cider!

My UO is that I cant stand coffee! The taste and the smell are so unappealing! 
  • kbrinks2 said:
    And we decided to annouce our pregnancy on social media (after we told family and close friends) so that I didn't have to tell everyone I talked to that we were expecting. It just never naturally comes out in a conversation. 
    "Oh how are things? What's new?"
    answer: "Things are good. We are expecting!"
    Its just an awkward conversation!! So social media was an easy way to tell everyone. 
    This is me too! Social media was a must to avoid telling people every 5 minutes (or so it felt). 

And coffee is amazing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker