February 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 8/24

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) Are you showing yet? 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6) GTKY: Do you play a musical instrument? Will you be playing/singing for baby while it's in the belly?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 8/24

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 17 weeks, size of a pomegranate  or chipmunk!

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good right now!

3) Any appointments this week/last? Had a meeting w/ a genetic counselor on Monday, gonna get a quad screen tomorrow. 

4) Are you showing yet? I do believe so, but not much. I'm already round, haha, so it just looks like I'm gaining.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Meh I'm okay for now! 

6) GTKY: Do you play a musical instrument? Will you be playing/singing for baby while it's in the belly? I used to sing, but haven't in a while so my tone/range sucks. Want to pick it up again so I can sing to baby!

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 14 weeks. A peach or baseball.

2) How are you feeling? Great except for the insomnia. Though my DH bought me a new body pillow so I woke up at 4am rather than 2!

3) Any appointments this week/last? A week from today is a regular dr visit. Don't think there will be an US just a HB doppler.

4) Are you showing yet? Yes though I know some of it is because I was big to begin with. But the actual baby bump has moved up and joined the food baby bump. LOL

6) GTKY: Do you play a musical instrument? Will you be playing/singing for baby while it's in the belly? My DH is the musician so I'll leave that to him. When I was pregnant with DD I was into Eminem and played his music so much that it was a soothing lullaby to her. Go figure!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
    15 weeks, a naval orange

2) How are you feeling?

Nausea is still here.  And exhaustion.

I has my NT u/s on Monday.  I'm measuring a full week ahead of my original EDD.  So they moved my due date to 2/15.  Happily, I get to stay on the Thursday Ticker Change with the rest of you lovely ladies.

4) Are you showing yet? 

My fluffy belly is looking more like a bump than a fluffy belly.  So, yeah.

I magically jumped over a full week of pregnancy.  It's like it's shorter now.  Yay!

6) GTKY: Do you play a musical instrument? Will you be playing/singing for baby while it's in the belly?

No, I don't.  But I listen to a lot of music.  My oldest daughter wants to learn to play piano and my other two are learning to play bass in orchestra.  This kid may never want to listen to music again with the older ones learning!

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
    15 weeks, a naval orange

2) How are you feeling?

Thought I was over nausea - nope, still here.

Not for a few more weeks. Just got bloodwork for Spina bifida today.

4) Are you showing yet? 

Husband thought I was showing last night, but I told him that I had a big dinner. I don't think it's truly a bump yet!

@olitwinturbosnprincess - so jealous! That must be so nice to be a week early!

I found a new snack: cream cheese with the everything pretzel crisp. Amazeballs. I also tried out prenatal yoga last weekend. First time doing yoga! It was very relaxing. I go again on Saturday. A bit far for me, so I'll try to look for a closer place. 

I played the piano when I was younger, and played the clarinet in middle and high school. I plan on playing some fun dance music while baby is in the belly. Gotta get the babe dancing early!

• @jennifer_m21 i wanna do prenatal yoga! I need to leave work by 445 to get there but work has been rough these past few weeks. Was it hard? 
  • @rainafire77 i love eminem and i find it so funny your dd considers him soothing  :D
  • clc515 said:
    @jennifer_m21 i wanna do prenatal yoga! I need to leave work by 445 to get there but work has been rough these past few weeks. Was it hard? 
    Not at all! A lot of stretching, breathing/meditation - very relaxing! I go again this Saturday. They begin class with everyone introducing each other, asking how far along you are, and open up with questions/answers with the group. It's like the bump ticker changes - but live!
  • @jennifer_m21 I did my first prenatal yoga class this week too!  I used to be a bit of a yoga junkie (fell off the wagon almost a year ago) so it was great to get back into the swing of things.  I love the community aspect of it--even if all the other women were a lot further along than me.

@clc515 My class was a lot easier than regular yoga, so I would agree that it wasn't hard at all.  Totally relaxing and enjoyable.

I'm thinking about going to a regular all-levels yoga class tonight.  OB and prenatal teacher both said it was okay as long as I took it easy on the twists and inversions.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  15 weeks...I'm to lazy to look up which fruit.

2) How are you feeling?  Suddenly hungry all the time.

3) Any appointments this week/last?  Had an appointment on Wednesday, quick and easy just checked the heartbeat and peed in a cup.  Everything looks good so far.

4) Are you showing yet?  A little bit.  I look really pregnant after a meal, but first thing in the morning I just look a little thicker.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Not this week.  Happy to move into the fun trimester.

6) GTKY: Do you play a musical instrument? Will you be playing/singing for baby while it's in the belly? Not unless you count my childhood piano lessons.  The baby will probably be serenaded by the "rock band" that DS likes to put together by handing me his dog guitar while he plays the drums.

DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • mblomq2mblomq2 member
    edited August 2017
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  16 wonderful weeks. Avocado or pickle sized.

2) How are you feeling?  Pretty great! But sometimes I use up all my new found energy and then need to sleep for like 2 days straight. Also nose bleeds are a weird fun new symptom.

3) Any appointments this week/last?  I just had one today for the first time in a while. All is well, strong heartbeat. Set my 20 weeks scan appointment, yay!

4) Are you showing yet?  I feel like I am. I switched to maternity pants now. But if you didn't know me or weren't perceptive I don't think you'd assume it's a baby belly yet. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Starting to do preliminary planning for registry, baby shower, and nursery. Can't believe it! And buying tickets for the babymoon soon, very excited about that in October. 

6) GTKY: Do you play a musical instrument? Will you be playing/singing for baby while it's in the belly? Not anymore.  My baby is just beginning the range where it can hear me. I'd like to be the kind of mom that sings to my baby, but it seems outside of my norm. I guess we'll see what happens.