Married: Oct 2015
TTC #1: Sept 2016
BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
TTC #2: July 2018
BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Re: UO Thursday 8/24

• Loading the player...
  • @anewadventure I've found that the more I dislike a TSwift song, the more stubbornly it gets stuck in my head. There was a time when "Bad Blood" was on repeat in my head for DAYS... I seriously considered digging my brain out through my ear with a spoon.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Similar to @ameliabedelia-2, i have not, and will not post anything on social media about being pregnant. I agree that most the announcements are cheesy, but that's not my only reason. I feel like if someone hasnt seen me in the last 20ish weeks, then they really don't need to know about my pregnancy. I hate the idea of getting a bunch of comments, texts, whatever from people who aren't in my daily life just because I'm pregnant. When I had my son I mostly kept it off social media, but maybe a picture or something prompted all these girls who I haven't spoken to since high school to start reaching out to me. It was so weird, like I know you just wanna get your hands on my baby, get outta here! 
  • @elcd458, yesssssss.  Add some chalkboard signs and fancy paper straws too, just for extra boringness. And has anyone ever actually drank from a mason jar? It sucks.
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @elcd458 @ameliabedelia-2 I feel this way about announcements too. At first I wasn't really planning to do a public announcement in part because I couldn't come up with anything original. After finding out we were having twins though, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops haha. I did borrow a couple of ideas from places, but our announcement is definitely original since I made an animated video about Hanukkah twins. You just don't see many of those lol!

And @elcd458 Since I live in Southeastern CT, I have no idea how I've managed to avoid the barn and burlap weddings so far! I definitely saw TONS of those pins on Pinterest when I was planning my own wedding though!

• @ChelK3 YES!!!! Totally agree with you! If I haven't seen someone in the past 25 weeks, then why should I need to share my pregnancy with them via Facebook??

We did the whole social media announcement last time because DH was so excited about his idea for a picture. This time around I got my way and we are keeping this pregnancy off social media. DD1 was 12 days late and for the last 3 weeks that I was pregnant, I had millions of Facebook wall posts and messages "Any baby yet?" Drove me absolutely insane. I would also get random messages from people I hadn't talked to in years asking me why I hadn't posted any "bump pics" yet. All set, thanks. 

FWIW, I am also #TeamSwiftie =P <3 
  • My UO - I don't like Game of Thrones. Or the Office. Or Seinfeld. 
  • MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited August 2017
    @ameliabedelia-2 We were looking all over Pinterest for cute announcements and stuff and DH would point out some and I'd just be like, "But that's not clever anymore!" Our announcement ended up just being a picture of us, me in a preggers shirt and him in a baby daddy shirt. Good enough for us! My guess is for any future children (if we have any/announce), it would just be something like the firstborn in a big sister shirt, which isn't clever either, but it's easy and not trying too hard! Haha.

Add me to the T-Swift fan club! I can't wait for her new single. Yesterday one of the songs from her last album that I hadn't heard in forever came on the radio (Style, I think) and I was way too happy about it. Hahaha.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @txmomma16 I'm with you on not liking pumpkin spice and saying that in CT is basically blasphemous lol. I mighhht have a slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, but even then I'd definitely prefer pecan!
  • @djd0404 I don't judge you for your pumpkin spice love, I just don't understand it. 

@leilagphillips I'm with you! I went to school in Boston about ten years ago when pumpkin spice FIRST started becoming a big thing, and everyone there thought I was insane. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• splsmama2016splsmama2016 member
    edited August 2017
    As far as announcements go, we announced at DD1's birthday, at the end. She was wearing a 'Thing 1' shirt. 

I also hate pumpkin spice anything, unless it's actual pumpkin pie. 

My UO: I know I should be thankful and grateful, but I CANNOT stand how my mil continually sends DD1 gifts! We told her no more toys or clothes, but if she wants to buy a toy, she should ask us first to make sure we don't have one or that it's really necessary. Books are best, as we want to grow her library. Yesterday, she ordered her a stupid dancing and talking hamster through a Facebook ad. What part of ASK FIRST don't you understand?! 

Also, I can understand the one time slip of MIL calling herself mommy, but at what point is it actually becoming intentional and do I say something? Ugh. 

Edited to add picture.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't like whipped cream. Keep it off my pie!

Agreed with not changing up your diet for the GD test. Trying to "trick" it is only hurting you and baby. 

• @leilagphillips That's pretty adorable!
    Thanksgiving last year my Dad bought 3 cans of Reddi-Whip, and we couldn't find them when it came time for zerts. My ILs can be a little different, my Dad kept asking me "did your MIL take the whipped cream?!" Come to find out he forgot them at his house. Womp womp. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I never see those cheesy announcements on my Facebook/Instagram feed!  I do see them all over Pinterest and they get a big eyeroll from me. ESPECIALLY the ones with the empty baby shoes.
    Mason jars are the absolute worst. I hate them more than anything. And paper straws need to just die already. 
    #teamswifty all day errday.
    ohh have you guys seen the clips for the new Lady Gaga documentary that coming to Netflix in September???  It looks pretty good!  Love her. 
  • @MJDsquared Ooh, I've never thought to try a PSL with coconut milk! WHELP, that's now on my to-do list...
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Sorry -- feeding off others today.

1 - Add me to the list of people who don't like social media pregnancy announcements. Some are okay but most are cheesy. We haven't posted anything really except for a picture DH took on my birthday last week where he said a little thing and casually threw in "mama-to-be" in the caption. All of our close friends and family know at this point, so it was really just the random people who we don't even see in real life who were like what omg congrats guys, and funny enough those same people are the ones who cannot get off FB and who are constantly posting baby pics and such.

2 - Pinterest weddings make my eyes roll to the back of my head. I’m talking the bridesmaid proposals, the cutesy signs, naked cakes, mason jars/burlap/cowboy boots, unplugged ceremonies, trash the dress, unique favors (sorry, but if it’s not edible I’m leaving it at the table), the posed but “candid” photos of the bridal party in awe of the bride, etc. I’m not saying there is a right or wrong way to have a wedding, but these little pinterest trends bother me because they’re so unoriginal and overdone. My favorite part of planning my wedding with DH was thinking of things ourselves and incorporating our personalities into everything.

Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited August 2017
    I just finished my 3hr glucose test and I agree with the not changing of diets, etc. The only real "prep" I did was to drink as much water as possible yesterday so I would not be dehydrated when I had to get through 4 draws.  And to say no to the break room brownie (which isn't as much changing my diet as actually doing what I normally do when I pay attention to what I eat).

I don't know if it's an UO, but the 3 hr was waaaaaay less horrible than the 1 hr for me.  If I had to do it again, I'd rather just do the 3hr.  I even got a nap.  Minimal nausea, less shakiness, better flavor gross-drink.

Edited to add: I love mason jars! For canning. And storage.  I have a zillion of them because... we can; and pickle; and put up food.  I do not understand using them for arts & crafts. That ruins their functional ability to be food storage!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am anti-whipped cream and pro-Taylor Swift (though my Dh is a bigger fan than I am!). 

This seems to be a Southern UO: I like putting bows in my DD's hair, but not if they are bigger than her head! Some of the bows around here are really ridiculous. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @cait413 anti whipped cream?! I'm not sure we can be friends!

I will admit we did use some mason jars and burlap at our wedding BUT we got married in an old farm house, so it was only fitting (or I tell myself that at least).
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @cait413 anti-whip cream!?! I cannot fathom. 

And giant bows and the south are just like PB&J! But you're right, giant bows bigger than a toddler's head are a little ridiculous. 
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @SoxGirl982 you're one brave soul putting that out there! Lol. I agree with the Seinfield part at least. Have never beeen able to get into it.

• @brittyclem  it always remind me of doing the electric slide 1000 times in elementary school gym class for no reason i can fathom to this day. that song is SO CORNY!  :p  it's electric!

let's bring back the macarena just for people to look really goofy. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Also, I can understand the one time slip of MIL calling herself mommy, but at what point is it actually becoming intentional and do I say something? Ugh. 
    Oh. Hell. No.
    Sonetimes other people's MIL horror stories give me flash-forwards.  :s
  • @Amber_Waves OMG @splsmama2016 I somehow missed that the first time I read your post. OH. NO. 

I think you are incredibly patient if you haven't said something already, I would have definitely NOT been ok with anything like that. 
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Amber_Waves I also meant to comment on your MIL issue and then forgot. I'm with the others in thinking that's totally not ok and I would say something if it happened more than once, because that's not normal.