February 2018 Moms

PGAL Check-in 8/23

So sorry this is late! So busy at work I almost forgot!

How far along are you?

Any appointments or tests coming up?

How are you feeling mentally/physically?

Any Questions? 

GTKY: Do you have furbabies? How many & pics if you can post them. (We even count non furry family members like chickens, birds, and fish!)

****TW Signature****
BabyFruit Ticker
DD born 04/28/2002
Married DH 03/25/2017
1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Re: PGAL Check-in 8/23

• How far along are you? 13w7d

Any appointments or tests coming up? Next Thursday the 31st.

Getting some energy back. Mentally I'm just stressed from work.

Any Questions? 

GTKY: Do you have furbabies? How many & pics if you can post them. (We even count non furry family members like chickens, birds, and fish!) 
    We have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 16 chickens, 1 psycho rooster, 1 rabbit and a collection of fish that will soon be finding new homes as they are living in what will become the nursery.

This is our ever delicate Diva who has zero shame about sprawling out while taking a nap!

And this is Spike (Dachshund) & Oscar (or loveable bonehead) 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• How far along are you?
    14+2 
    Monday, finally. Although, I don't know that I'm as excited as I used to be because she stopped doing biweekly ultrasounds. I have a doppler at home so I hear his heartbeat pretty regularly. I want to SEE him, but I doubt we'll get to. 
    I feel pretty great. Have some lingering symptoms, but all together I feel so much better its tough to complain. Back pain and hip pain is my biggest issue. 
    Any Questions? 
    I've been excited about this baby from the moment I saw the BFP, but MMC due date is fast approaching and I can't decide how I feel. On one hand, I won't trade this little guy for the world. On the other hand, I desperately wanted that baby. I'm conflicted. Anyone else struggle with knowing where to land on how to feel some days? 

I have three little fluffballs. I think I posted this photo before (its the only one I have on my work computer), but their names are Stella, Tank, and the bottom photo is Chardonnay. They are a handful, but I adore them. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    14 weeks

1 week from today I have a regular appt where they will check the heartbeat. After that I will not be in pregnancy hiding anymore.

im feeling like I have much more energy and overall feel pretty good. Which makes me nervous.

Any Questions? 

2 dogs, Diesel and Lily 

• How far along are you? 13 w 2d

Any appointments or tests coming up?  Had an appointment yesterday--everything looked great!  SCH finally cleared up and I get to go back to a "normal" pregnancy schedule (instead of high risk monitoring). 

Mentally, I finally feel like I can enjoy this pregnancy and worry a little less.  Physically, just the back pain.  

I have a little pup, Millie and 4 chickens.  I normally hate birds--but I love those chickens.  

• How far along are you?
    15 weeks
    N
    ext week - can't wait!
    Ok - symptoms aren't as intense and because I'm not feeling LO just yet that sometimes makes me nervous. So I'm glad I have an appointment next weeek. I've been tired in the afternoon - craving a nap which is hard when I'm at work. 
    Any Questions? 

No
  • @magnolia305 glad your appointment went well yesterday! Great news!
  • @ash0625 I think your feelings are normal- you just wish you had all of your children. Be patient and kind with yourself as the due date approaches - milestones like that can be triggers - there's no right or wrong way to feel. 
  • mayapple44mayapple44 member
    edited August 2017
    How far along are you?
    13w 4d

I had my NT scan tuesday and talked to dr after. He said everything looked great blah blah extreme low risk for mc at this point. I thought i was in the clear, then he goes. "The nasal bone measures a bit small, which by itself is not an indicator of anything" (those of you that don't know, a small or no nasal bone is a soft marker for downs.) And that was it. And here I am, freaking out and waiting for my blood results.
    apprehensive. But less nauseated
    Any Questions? 
    do those of you that know the sex of your baby, has it helped you ... bond?.....or make it feel more real?
    none at the moment! I dont even have. Houseplant!

Edited to add details about my NT scan. I was trying to contain my freak out, but i cant. 
  • @ash0625 That's totally normal. I just passed the date of my 1st D&C & it triggered a "maybe everything isn't ok" moment with me as well as wondering what it would be like to have a 5 month old right now. The date of my 2nd D&C is Feb 14th and I'll be stressing that since I'm due Feb 22nd. It's hard. We have to celebrate every milestone of our current pregnancy while simultaneously mourning our lost children. I think that's what most people don't understand about being PGAL.

@mayapple44 I get you on the feel more real. I've already bonded with my baby and we don't yet know the sex for sure. I've had dreams about this one that I didn't have with my losses and that's what's made things more real for me.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @mayapple44 We know the sex but I can't say it has made me bond 'more' yet but I do like being able to start thinking of having a daughter and thinking of her name, which does make me feel like I 'know' her a little better. I think it helped a lot with my son to know, but he was the first pregnancy I got far enough to even find out the sex so it made it really real that time. The heartbeat is my bonding moment, every time. More than anything else.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @rainafire77 Yes. I think you're right. It feels almost "disloyal" to me to grieve my first pregnancy as, had it not ended the way it did, I wouldn't be pregnant with this baby. Its so complicated and makes me tired. 

@mayapple44 I think it helped a little. I can call him a "he" instead of an "it" or by his name. Even though everything about this pregnancy feels different than my last, I don't think it has hit me that I may take this baby home with me in February. I think I'm still excited about the idea of this pregnancy, but have trouble connecting it to a real result, if that makes sense. Also, I haven't seen him since 8 weeks and he was kind of blobby then. 
  • mayapple44mayapple44 member
    edited August 2017
    @rainafire77 @winnie1122 @ash0625
    Thank you all for the feedback I know its different for everyone. I am past all of my trigger "milestones", so I guess I expected to feel more relieved and excited by now. 
    Update: I heard back from blood tests, everything is very low risk and the genetic counselor was very reassuring about the nasal bone thing! I hope I will be less stressed now and be able to bond and just enjoy being pregnant. 
  • @mayapple44 I'm glad you received good news from the genetic counselor! It's not uncommon for a loss mom to be guarded with subsequent pregnancies and may feel like she's "not as quick to bond" because you already know the worst that can happen. Knowing the gender can make it "feel more real" for some people because you can plan more and invison yourself with that child. I'd say be patient and kind to yourself - even if you don't "feel bonded" that doesn't mean you don't love your child. You might just be guarding your heart and/ or you might just not realize how much you are bonded to them. 
  • @ash0625 It's not at all disloyal to grieve a loss, ever. I saw my rainbow baby as the one good thing to come out of all the grief, but I still grieved my angel babies. DS was born one year to the day of my last loss, and I was really worried about how I would feel about that until he was actually born and it was such a healing moment. I'm thankful everyday that I have DS after all of that loss, but it doesn't mean I am not sad about the babies I never got to meet. It is a hard thing to heal from, so give yourself whatever time you need and don't feel guilty about your grief OR your joy with this babe.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @winnie1122 Since my due date is the 22nd, & I have to repeat C-section anyway, I'm going to see about scheduling it as close to the 14th as possible if everything is going smoothly and is developed. My second d&c was on Feb 14th and I want to take that day back. I realize it's probably a long shot but maybe the universe will work in our favor.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Thanks ya'll. Such a complicated thing to process, especially with all the hormonal changes. 

This little guy's due date is a year from the day we found out about our MMC - February 20 - so that actually gave me a lot of peace. I really like the way @rainafire77 put it - I want to take that day back.