TTC After a Loss
Options

FET September- should I go to a wedding after? Loss mentioned

cricci05cricci05 member
edited August 2017 in TTC After a Loss
my first transfer was a fresh transfer of two embryos. They both stuck and were so strong until I went into labor at 23+5. I lost them in the NICU in the weeks after their birth. I am finally feeling ready to do a frozen transfer but the transfer date it the same day as a very close friends wedding. I went to a cookout after my first transfer and just sat around. Is there any risk to going to a wedding if I take it easy?

Re: FET September- should I go to a wedding after? Loss mentioned

• Options
    Sorry for your losses. Unfortunately I have no experience with FET so I can't make a recommendation. I'd think you should talk to your doctor about it and get a better idea from them how much you should (or should not) be doing on that day.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    lurking...

My doctor was pretty relaxed for my post-FET protocol. Basically "if it's gonna stick, it's gonna stick". She said to relax the day of  (I went to the beach and read my book) and to resume regular activities after that. She also said that movement increases blood flow, which is what we want for implantation. I know for me, and I imagine most people doing a FET with such high stakes I wanted to give my body and embryo the best possible chance and would have been pretty hard on myself if it didn't work, whatever I did would have been wrong! So I know it's a tough choice. I'd say go and have a nice meal if you're up for it!

Have you mentioned this on the IF or PAIF board? You might get some more responses of women who have made similar choices.