Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 8/22

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy?
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: TFAS 8/22

• What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month? 0/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15mo+

Any thoughts about this cycle? Had an OPK detect at least a little LH, so at least something is happening? And I started back at work, so that may help with decreasing nursing. I get a little engorged, but I am not pumping!

Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of my BFP, and I have all the feels. It's incredible to think that 2 years ago my wild toddler was just a tiny ball of cells!

Any questions? Anyone else have a toddler still not sleeping through the night? Anyone BTDT?

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy? I like peanut butter on hot dogs. Sounds weird, but actually is pretty good!
    *Siggy Warning*

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 23 months in 2 days

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I've had a headache for the past two days, so I'm pretty convinced AF is on the way.  BFN this morning (12dpo) and AF is due tomorrow or Thursday.  

Any questions?  Does TFAS with a toddler at home get easier? We had so much more energy and freedom the first time around!

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy? Nothing strange I don't think - - fries with aioli or honey mustard / pizza with ranch dressing (to dip).  
  • Loading the player...
  • @marcus7676 sorry for the BFN! We also struggle to make time for sex. At this point I'm just hoping for fertile days on weekends!
    *Siggy Warning*

• sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited August 2017
    @lalala2004  I *almost* didn't love tit because of your GTKY.  But I will  ;)  PS What's BTDT?
    @marcus7676 I think I said sorry for your BFN on TWW, but now I can't remember LOL  If you ever find out if/when TFAS with toddlers gets better, let me know, will ya?  

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 5/5

WTO/TWW?  TWW

Ages of other child(ren)?  3 year old twins

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Roller coaster.  Mostly optimistic, but I'm now getting twinges in my boobs, so I'm thinking it's pre-AF.  There was some discussion on one of the other dailies about pre-AF symptoms lasting super long, and yeah that's me.  Used to be a day or two before I would get sore boobs, the past few months have been like a week and a half.  They're not super sore yet, so I'm trying to see that as a good sign but still not get my hopes up.  

Any questions?  Nope

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy?  Radishes sliced up in a bowl with vinegar
    ETA words

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• **lurker, siggy warning**

@lalala2004 When I first started seeing those slight lines on OPKs, I had my first PP true positive OPK about 2-3 weeks later. FX for you.

(and my 19 month old still doesn't sleep through the night consistently). 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? 1/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 17 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? CD35 and I've been spotting for the past two days. I spotted for four days with DS so I'm going to give myself another two days. If it doesn't ramp up to my typically heavy period I'm going to take a third test (BFN on CD31 and CD33).

Any questions? Nope.

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy? I can't think of anything really strange. I like mixing Arby's sauce and Horsey sauce and dipping my Beef 'n Cheddar and curly fries in it.

@lalala2004 Still not STTN on a regular basis. Every once in awhile he surprises me by doing so and he might do it more often, but the second I hear him cry I go to him. If I let him go too long sometimes he wakes up completely and then he wants to play and he's a nightmare to get back to sleep. So a typical night I have to go give him back his pacifier, lovie, and blanket 1-3 times a night. A bad night might be upwards of 10 times. A horrible night usually includes a stretch of wakefulness for several hours.

@sandbar517 BTDT means Been There Done That.

@fishsticks-n-custard I remember one of the daycare teachers telling me that her younger son didn't sleep through the night until 15 months and I was shocked! We're 17 months in and it's still not happening. I'm starting to think that maybe it's a good thing because if I start getting used to sleeping like a normal human again it will be a rude awakening (literally) when we have a newborn in the house again.
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • @sandbar517 been there done that

@fishsticks-n-custard that's reassuring! Thank you! (The OPK, not the STTN thing :lol:)
    *Siggy Warning*

• What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DS turns 2 on Friday!

Any thoughts about this cycle? I had blood streaked EWCM yesterday, and a temp dip today, so depending on what my temp does tomorrow, it may be O. That freaks me out because its only CD8 and I normally O between CD14 and CD16.

Any questions?

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy? Chocolate and potatoes, like chocolate covered potato chips and french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty. 

@marcus7676 I know finding time can be difficult. We are masters of the middle of the night BD.

TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• @MrsBunz I love sleep. Like, I will get in bed at 8 if I have everything else ready for the next day. MOTN BD sounds like torture to me!
  • @marcus7676 I'm with you.  When I offered to let MH wake me up at midnight when he got home from work so we could BD during my FW, he knew I was serious.  And then, bless his heart, he skipped out on work early two days in a row so we could BD before I went to sleep.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 1/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 7yrs, and 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was so happy that I had a natural cycle. I usually need help with ovulation, so to have an ovulatory cycle on my own is wonderful. I thought AF was going to start yesterday with my temp diving, but it didn't. Then I knew it had to start today...but still nothing. My bbt is on the frits though because it gave me a range of temps this morning that varied over an entire degree even when placing it in the same place in my mouth (I always take it twice). I think it just needs new batteries, but still...Now i'm doubting all my temps, and chart which is frustrating....because now i'm wondering if I even O'd at all :/

Any questions? Nah

The weirdest food I eat is called, "Kelaguen." It's a Guam dish that is basically meat (the chicken version is cooked for real in an oven...otherwise it's raw) cooked in lemon juice. It has onions, and hot peppers in it, and then you serve it over rice. It's delish, but looks gross!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Tag party.....

@lalala2004 Hey! We were May mommas together! I eventually fell off the bmb though due to PPD, and just sheer exhaustion...plus, our board went dead...lol. Good to see a familiar face on here! I'm also still breastfeeding, but only four times a day, and completely weaned during the night. My lil' didn't sttn till 13 months, but only because I night weaned her. My supply did decrease, and I think that's what spurred my first pp cycle last month. Hopefully yours will return soon!

@marcus7676 We don't find the HIO situation any easier unfortunately! We are both so tired by the end of the day, and my 7 year old is getting a later, and later bedtime it seems because she can't sleep if she goes to bed too early. Thankfully school is starting up, so maybe we'll find more time to ourselves in the evening?! I feel ya' on the lack of energy though...

@sandbar517 I hope the sore tatas are a good sign! Your food combo sounds like a native Guam dish that my husband makes. I swear, Chamorros (Guam natives) love their vinegar!

@MLS6212 My youngest was like that until I finally got fed up and did sleep training with her. Taboo topic I know, but she was 13 months by that time. She would wake at least six times a night. When the boob wouldn't put her back to sleep, I knew it wasn't because she was hungry, AND the girl would not take a paci. She's doing pretty good now. Still wakes up, but can get herself back to sleep now (most of the time). I think babies wake way more than some like to admit to.

@MrsBunz YES! Fries + Frosty = Perfection!  BUT middle of the night + sex = groggy torture :D

• @josie12367 were you in the May16 BMB? Or maybe I remember you from TTGP before that?
    *Siggy Warning*

• MrsBunzMrsBunz member
    edited August 2017
    @marcus7676 and @sandbar517 you both sound like DH. I go to bed a few hours after him, then read in bed for a while before going to sleep, when I roll over to get down to business. He sometimes complains that he was sleeping, but I've noticed he has never turned it down. 

@josie12367 DS was like that, didn't sleep until 13 months, but once he didn't nurse to sleep anymore, I let him CIO a bit and then DH would check on him, it only took a week or so. 
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• @lalala2004 Both! I was on here in the spring/summer of 15' I was more of a regular lurker on most threads, and would only post in the daily stuff regularly. I know most of our bmb went to FB eventually. It didn't click till I saw the age of your LO

• @josie12367 We did sleep training around 1 year for bedtime. It worked well for bedtime, but he still needed pacifier retrieval during the night. Last month he decided that he was absolutely done with his crib and sleep training no longer worked. He would scream, jump up and down, and gag himself until we went to him. I hated the idea of him tiring himself and falling asleep like that, so I gave up. He now sleeps on a full sized mattress on the floor and he seems to like it. It's also convenient for when he needs a little extra snuggles to get to (or back to) sleep since we can just lie right next to him.
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just the normal stuff when starting TTC. Switch back and forth to I'm definitely pregnant to I'm not pregnant. Taking tests too early and SSing. I am a crazy person! 

Any questions? nope 

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy? I'm a pretty picky eater so I don't usually venture out to try weird things. 

Me: 28 yo | DH: 28 yo
    Married 2012
    DD: 3 yo
    TTC #2 August 2017
  • @marcus7676 @sandbar517 @MrsBunz Same boat. We've nicknamed it "the wake up call" and it's usually me waking DH up to do the BD. It's not my favorite though because it's hard to wake him up. My favorite is our afternoon delights! Both take lunch breaks at the same time. Makes the rest of the work day better.
    Me: 28 yo | DH: 28 yo
    Married 2012
    DD: 3 yo
    TTC #2 August 2017
  • mrscammackmrscammack member
    edited August 2017
    What number are you trying for? 2 

Cycle/month 1/1 

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other children - 19 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Since it's our first cycle trying for #2 I'm doing my best not to overthink things and symptom spot. I've been spotting for 2 days so not sure if AF is a little early or something else but hopefully will know one way or another by next week.

No questions this week!  

GTKY: French fries and ice cream, which I'm not sure if it's considered weird but my husband certainly thinks it is! I'm super picky though so that's the only one that fits the bill lol 

• @fishsticks-n-custard Somehow I missed you moving on. I'm sorry for being so late with this but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck, and have a wonderful 9 months!!

@lalala2004 I kinda am a BTDT, we found when L takes 1 short and 1 long nap he sleeps at night better. We also just switched from a center to an in-home DC, and he gets to play 1-on-1 with a kid his size/age and he is like a little drunkard at night. HTHs
    @marcus7676 We had to get a babysitter when we were TTC #2, or just dtd when I woke up to tempt.

What number are you trying for?
    #3. I must be crazy.
    Cycle/Month?
    officially 1/1 starting this past Sunday.
    WTO/TWW?
    WTO, and I still don't have my BBT so i'm grouchy.
    Ages of other child(ren)?
    L was 2 on the 4th, and E hit 9 months last week. 
    Any thoughts about this cycle?
    I wish this PP periods would pull its head out. Otherwise its all good so far.
    Any questions?
    Does anyone know the website for carseats vs cars? I can't find one that I trust to see if/what carseats will fit 3 across.
    hmmm. I think it might be my olives and pepperoni. I literally just roll the olive up in 3-4 pepperoni and chow down. H thinks I'm just a teenage pretending to be an adult.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @princesslockness that olive in pepperoni thing sounds amazing :hushed:
    *Siggy Warning*

• @princesslockness I googled "cars that will fit three car seats" and got a ton of website suggestions, but this one seems most trustworthy, at least at first glance.  
    https://www.consumerreports.org/car-seats/how-to-fit-child-car-seats-three-across/

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• edited August 2017
    What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? Over a year trying, I've lost count!

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 1/2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well, I should be ovulating in the next few days. And DH will be out of town for the whole weekend. So...hoping ovulation will wait until he gets home!

Any questions? Nope

GTKY: What weird food or weird food combination do you enjoy? I eat ketchup on a variety of foods and I like a little salt and pepper on my cottage cheese! Although I'm not sure how weird that is lol 

*edited because I apparently can't remember how old my child is
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @fishsticks-n-custard I missed your BFP too! Congratulations!
  • aliceduke said:
    Hello, it's good to be on this platform. I feel like I'm not the only one suffering and the courage of people keeps me going too. :) Well, my niece is suffering from hard TTC too. She has been TTC'ing for 4 years. She also keeps a strict check on her ovulation cycle to make TTC worth it. OPK has been her regular use but no outcome. Doctors diagnosed that she was low on sex hormones. But they said that it will get normal with medication. Now, her blood tests are normal, hormonal level is also better, reproductive organs also doing fine. His OH was also a bit low on sperm count but now he is fine too. I don't know what is the barrier!! Which thing is not letting them reproduce when everything is fine!! Has someone been through the same condition? The couple feels helpless now. Their HV has too become speechless now. :/ Having a child was their only dream, but nature has got some other plans. I hope things go better with time. TTC'ing for 4 years require so much patience and endurance. They are still struggling. Lemme know with your feed back. XOXO
    TYSM in advance!! :) 
    QFP

• Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• edited August 2017
    aliceduke said:
    Hello, it's good to be on this platform. I feel like I'm not the only one suffering and the courage of people keeps me going too. :) Well, my niece is suffering from hard TTC too. She has been TTC'ing for 4 years. She also keeps a strict check on her ovulation cycle to make TTC worth it. OPK has been her regular use but no outcome. Doctors diagnosed that she was low on sex hormones. But they said that it will get normal with medication. Now, her blood tests are normal, hormonal level is also better, reproductive organs also doing fine. His OH was also a bit low on sperm count but now he is fine too. I don't know what is the barrier!! Which thing is not letting them reproduce when everything is fine!! Has someone been through the same condition? The couple feels helpless now. Their HV has too become speechless now. :/ Having a child was their only dream, but nature has got some other plans. I hope things go better with time. TTC'ing for 4 years require so much patience and endurance. They are still struggling. Lemme know with your feed back. XOXO
    TYSM in advance!! :) 
    Let me lay some knowledge on you. You say 'I feel like i'm not the only one suffering.' then you simply talk about your niece(right, like she has told you all of this about her & her SO's sex life ;);) ). The two are not connected, and without more details about YOU that post is pointless.

OPKs show a surge in hormones, which don't always show when ovulation actually occurs. She could have anovulatory (no ovulation) cycles but still have a positive OPK. 
    Just because you have normal hormones does not mean that everything is ok. She should have her tubes checked to make sure there isn't blockage, that she has good quality eggs, that she is actually ovulating, and when she ovulates.

Even with well timed sex there is only a 20% chance each month. If she doesn't have ultrasounds that show she is ovulating and when, or chart her basal body temperature, then she doesn't know when she is actually ovulating to know if sex is well timed. 

If she was actually seeing an OB for any of this, or at any point of TTC after 1 year (6 months if she is over 35), then she would have been referred to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. RE's can and do specialize in infertility. They would have some explanations for whats up, even if its unexplained fertility. 

So I call MUD on you.
    Edit: emoji wink.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.