February 2018 Moms

Monday B*tchfest | 8.21

2»

Re: Monday B*tchfest | 8.21

• I'm a day late, but I've got one.  DH travels for work pretty frequently.  I always send him the dates for my appointments and he's always saying he wants to come, but then schedules a last minute trip with no real notice.  So I've had to take the kids (4 and 2) with me to all of my appointments.  It hasn't even been enough notice to get my mom available to watch them or come along.  My next appointment is Thursday and he was originally going to be home that morning, but just called to tell me there was a change of plans.  Mom is busy that day so here we go again. 
  • hms1219 said: 
    I'm a day late, but I've got one.  DH travels for work pretty frequently.  I always send him the dates for my appointments and he's always saying he wants to come, but then schedules a last minute trip with no real notice.  So I've had to take the kids (4 and 2) with me to all of my appointments.  It hasn't even been enough notice to get my mom available to watch them or come along.  My next appointment is Thursday and he was originally going to be home that morning, but just called to tell me there was a change of plans.  Mom is busy that day so here we go again. 
     I feel you for sure. All summer is had to take all for (5, 3, 2, and 10 months) to my appointments. It is brutal

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • My dog destroyed the office door while I was at work. Like, tore.it.UP. Almost dug a hole the size of a textbook through it. Google says it's probably separation anxiety, but she's been perfectly fine hanging out in the office during the work day for years! Granted, I've been working from home the last year so she's gotten used to being free to roam for awhile, but she never had any issues before that. Today, she went berserk. Ughhhhhhh. Doesn't she know we have no money for a new door??? I don't know what to do with her tomorrow when I leave.

apparently lots of animals were reacting to the eclipse yesterday, and dogs are especially sensitive? my friend said her dog wouldn't come out of her room and was acting super weird. my dog just acted like she was on crack for a day. could be a fluke. good luck either way
  • @corcola Hmm didn't even think about that! Maybe that was part of the crazy, I sure hope so!!  I crated her today and she was much calmer when I got home so hopefully that will work for awhile. She's been having major issues with being confined for the past several months (and by confined I mean any sort of physical boundaries, large fence in the backyard, being blocked from one room, basically anything other than total reign of the house which is NOT ok around here) but this was definitely the most severe reaction. I was really worried about crating her today so I'm relieved that she did ok. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • corcola said:
    My dog destroyed the office door while I was at work. Like, tore.it.UP. Almost dug a hole the size of a textbook through it. Google says it's probably separation anxiety, but she's been perfectly fine hanging out in the office during the work day for years! Granted, I've been working from home the last year so she's gotten used to being free to roam for awhile, but she never had any issues before that. Today, she went berserk. Ughhhhhhh. Doesn't she know we have no money for a new door??? I don't know what to do with her tomorrow when I leave.

apparently lots of animals were reacting to the eclipse yesterday, and dogs are especially sensitive? my friend said her dog wouldn't come out of her room and was acting super weird. my dog just acted like she was on crack for a day. could be a fluke. good luck either way
     never thought about that! Hope it was just eclipse weirdness and your pup calms down! How was today?. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • ash0625 said:
    One of the daycares I called for a tour doesn't have an opening for an infant until August 2018.  Seriously?  So I need to call you before I get pregnant?
    Crap. Is this something I should be doing already? 
    Depends on your area, we are putting a deposit down this week to hold for May 2018 

i realize this this is very late but...

my mother in law started a new job last week... literally right across the street from our house. She saw us get home from work yesterday and decided she would just come over. She pulled up as we were getting DS out of the car. She has called EVERYDAY this week about doing dinner after work, despite the fact we have always said we are not doing stuff in the evening on school/work nights it is just too hard with a LO after an already full day.