February 2018 Moms

Monday B*tchfest | 8.21

Didn't see this started yet, so figured I'd be the one to get it going. B*tch away ladies!

Re: Monday B*tchfest | 8.21

• I have to drive 50 miles tomorrow (nearest location from my rural address) to get my NT scan done, by an out of network practice, that my insurance may or may not cover.  :s 
  • @mayapple44 - That's not good! The insurance company won't tell you anything?
  • Loading the player...
  • sabriel1sabriel1 member
    edited August 2017
    DH has a coworker on vacation last week and he stayed at least two hours late every day last week because of it. He also worked Saturday as well (he works every second Saturday). Said coworker is back today but looks like he'll be getting home after the kids go to bed again tonight (7am-7:30pm makes for a long day for me). Wtf DH

And since he is salary, no over time either grrr

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• I have to drive 50 miles tomorrow (nearest location from my rural address) to get my NT scan done, by an out of network practice, that my insurance may or may not cover.  :s 
    I feel you. My hospital is 1h15m drive from my house. Can you callinsuranceand see if they'll cover?
  • The1yo won't nap and it's killing me. 
  • Also 2.5 year old lathered up in my toothpaste, so guess who gets two baths tonight. 
  • Also 2.5 year old lathered up in my toothpaste, so guess who gets two baths tonight. 
    My three year old coated himself in but cream once, now that was a nightmare to get out of his hair

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Everyone at work was in such a bad freaking mood and it's made me so much moodier. Like why can't people grow the frig up?!
  • The1yo won't nap and it's killing me. 
    Apparently all I had to do was birch because she finally gave in. 
  • sabriel1 said:
    Also 2.5 year old lathered up in my toothpaste, so guess who gets two baths tonight. 
    My three year old coated himself in but cream once, now that was a nightmare to get out of his hair
    Oh man. That sounds horrible. 
  • sabriel1 said:
    Also 2.5 year old lathered up in my toothpaste, so guess who gets two baths tonight. 
    My three year old coated himself in but cream once, now that was a nightmare to 
    sabriel1 said:
    A friend of mine's oldest got jealous when they brought the new baby home and coated half the kitchen with olive oil and the other half in cinnamon (think Costco size jar) to make a "skating and snow Angel park"

She also broke a half dozen eggs and blamed it on the baby saying she "flew down the stairs cuz she can't walk yet".

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• mayapple44mayapple44 member
    edited August 2017
    @lawngirl781 insurance is being vague but they are sending waivers for my ob to fill out and send to them just in case. 
    @TattoosandLace wow an 1hr15m!! I will stop complaining! I guess at least your kid didnt eat the whole tube of toothpaste.
    @sabriel1 I feel you on the no overtime thing, salary is such a crock sometimes!
  • @rainafire77 I am doing about the "flying" haha

• I was finally sleeping well last night when our lab threw up at 4am and of course DH didn't hear it so I got to clean it up.  
  • I've got some sort of cold/flu thing. Currently laying in bed with DD watching Paw Patrol and feeding her a pb&j sandwich. Today has not been one of my best mom days.
    DD - 4.15.16
  • @eggplantface my best friend actually hid her little brother in a store and wouldnt tell her dad where he was until he promised not to drop her off at daycare. Lmao I love her and brother and can't believe she use to not like him at all. 
  • Oh it's Monday and guess who is taking her work lap top home? And DH has a class he takes on Monday nights so I'm alone with the kid until bed time. I need coffee 
  • I got yelled at because I had to explain I couldn't enforce someone's contract they found on google. I'm sorry your google search didn't get you a bullet proof contract. Ugh. 
  • We are watching my parents dogs while they're on vacation. The dogs are so freaking annoying they're old and deaf and just whine all day long. My toddler is on nap strike today and we are all suffering those consequences. I already have some sciatic nerve pain and I'm sick of packing and dealing with moving. My crappy yesterday turned into a crappy today. 
  • We are travelling back home. It's a 3 day adventure and we are only on day 2! Yesterday was a 17 hour day and today is a 12 hour day! And all of this with a 21 month old! I cannot wait until tomorrow night when I can sleep in my own bed!
  • WTF NIPT test? You said one week. It's been one week. Give me my damn results. Patience is so not my forte. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• Our A/C started leaking and we discovered it last Friday. At 5 pm. Just in time for all the HVAC technicians to be done working. So we've had some warm nights here. Hopefully they'll find the issue today. Pregnant + no A/C = shitty. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• One of the daycares I called for a tour doesn't have an opening for an infant until August 2018.  Seriously?  So I need to call you before I get pregnant?
  • smorzandojsmorzandoj member
    edited August 2017
    One of the daycares I called for a tour doesn't have an opening for an infant until August 2018.  Seriously?  So I need to call you before I get pregnant?
    I called two today. One doesn't have openings until June 2018 and the other is March 2018. I'm gonna check out them both and hope the March one will hold the spot until April if they are worthy. Daycare sucks. 

And I just dropped an arm and a leg for next week for my big kids since I go back to work and they don't go back until thefollowing week. 

Edit it bc I can't figure out what year it is...summers are hard 
  • @smorzandoj I was wondering where you got your time machine at first haha!
  • Same here @smorzandoj.  We have 3 tours set for next week.  One can take us in May (which is what we need), one can starting in April and of course the one that's most convenient is the August one.
  • One of the daycares I called for a tour doesn't have an opening for an infant until August 2018.  Seriously?  So I need to call you before I get pregnant?
    Crap. Is this something I should be doing already? 
  • My dog destroyed the office door while I was at work. Like, tore.it.UP. Almost dug a hole the size of a textbook through it. Google says it's probably separation anxiety, but she's been perfectly fine hanging out in the office during the work day for years! Granted, I've been working from home the last year so she's gotten used to being free to roam for awhile, but she never had any issues before that. Today, she went berserk. Ughhhhhhh. Doesn't she know we have no money for a new door??? I don't know what to do with her tomorrow when I leave.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • My dog destroyed the office door while I was at work. Like, tore.it.UP. Almost dug a hole the size of a textbook through it. Google says it's probably separation anxiety, but she's been perfectly fine hanging out in the office during the work day for years! Granted, I've been working from home the last year so she's gotten used to being free to roam for awhile, but she never had any issues before that. Today, she went berserk. Ughhhhhhh. Doesn't she know we have no money for a new door??? I don't know what to do with her tomorrow when I leave.
    Let her roam??  Although I'd be afraid of what I'd come home to. Mine destroyed a sunroom of laminate flooring while he was in a crate. 
  • ash0625 said:
    One of the daycares I called for a tour doesn't have an opening for an infant until August 2018.  Seriously?  So I need to call you before I get pregnant?
    I thought the same thing.  
  • Oh hi stomach bug. F u. Please leave 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • My 7 and 10 year old girls trashed their room,  the toy room,  and the upstairs bathroom and have been loudly fighting all day instead of cleaning it up,  my 12 year old screamed at his sister the whole 45 minutes we tried to put  hay in the barn,   and the sun set before we were done with rain expected in the morning and i have 150 bales of 2nd cutting sitting out with out  cover.  Oh,  and my dh thinks the pin is coming out of his arm.  I am having a day over here!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • ash0625 said:
    I would say yes based on what I've gotten when I called.  
  • ash0625 said:
    Most definitely. The problem is that there can only be so many infant - 2yos per adult. In my state it is 2 to 1 for in home and 3 to 1 for a center so if all the babies came in in the last 12 months then they have no infant openings for another 12 months. 
  • My husband and I went to see the chaplain to try and work on our marriage because it is in such a bad place right now and all the chaplain did was PUSH religion. I know that's his main focus but we don't practice and I really though that my husband and I would work a little bit of stuff out. We literally didn't talk other than to introduce ourselves to him and say that we were fighting all the time about absolutely everything! 
  • ash0625 said:
    Most definitely. The problem is that there can only be so many infant - 2yos per adult. In my state it is 2 to 1 for in home and 3 to 1 for a center so if all the babies came in in the last 12 months then they have no infant openings for another 12 months. 
    Double crap. I haven't even thought about it or discussed it with DH. Add that to the list of things I'm already behind on.
  • My 7 and 10 year old girls trashed their room,  the toy room,  and the upstairs bathroom and have been loudly fighting all day instead of cleaning it up,  my 12 year old screamed at his sister the whole 45 minutes we tried to put  hay in the barn,   and the sun set before we were done with rain expected in the morning and i have 150 bales of 2nd cutting sitting out with out  cover.  Oh,  and my dh thinks the pin is coming out of his arm.  I am having a day over here!

*****stuck in box**** hope your hay stays dry!!
    @lawngirl781 insurance is being vague but they are sending waivers for my ob to fill out and send to them just in case. 
    @TattoosandLace wow an 1hr15m!! I will stop complaining! I guess at least your kid didnt eat the whole tube of toothpaste.
    @sabriel1 I feel you on the no overtime thing, salary is such a crock sometimes!
    Oh, girl. Totally complain. I'm complaining about the drive there on Thursday because I know I'll be hangry. Damn glucose test. 
    Everyone's on hospital closeness are different. I live in a fairly rural area. 
  • My husband and I went to see the chaplain to try and work on our marriage because it is in such a bad place right now and all the chaplain did was PUSH religion. I know that's his main focus but we don't practice and I really though that my husband and I would work a little bit of stuff out. We literally didn't talk other than to introduce ourselves to him and say that we were fighting all the time about absolutely everything! 

You need a marriage counselor. Religious people will always use faith in their methods so if you don't want religion I would not go to someone based in a religion 
    ^This. Even Christian counselors (not just counselors who are Christian, but counselors who specifically use religious texts etc in their counseling. It's confusing I know.) will push religion. Definitely seek out a secular marriage counselor.