July 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms (8/18-8/19)

Cynth0104Cynth0104 member
edited August 2017 in July 2017 Moms
what does everybody have going on this weekend? 

My husband and 5 year old are camping in Moab this weekend. They left yesterday and won't be back until tomorrow. My 10 year old niece spent the night last night and just left. Now planning on spending the weekend watching Netflix and hanging out with Jameson. My goal for today...take a nap since this little guy decided to not really sleep last night! 

Re: Weekend Randoms (8/18-8/19)

• Because of a very long, dramatic series of events, I have a step-daughter that is two years younger than me (my husband is 15 years older than me) and she has a 1.5 year old daughter. That makes her older than her aunt, my daughter. They are visiting for the weekend along with my sister-in-law and her husband and 5 year old. All three kids are taking naps right now, so it is the first adult time we have had since I can't remember when. It is extraordinarily nice just to hang out for a bit.
  • NOTHING. We have no plans! I'm going to go through baby's clothes and see what I need for 0-3 and 3-6 in case I find some deals when I'm out this week. 
    I keep finding summer clothes on clearance for next year and realized how hard it is to plan ahead for a July baby. They'll be 12 months right in the middle of summer. If they're small, 9-12 will work, but if they're big, they might need 12-18. Have any of you bought stuff for next year? What sizes are you planning for? 
    I thought 12-18 will be better bc it stays warm here well after July, but baby girl is just now outgrowing newborn and most 0-3 are huge on her and she's 6 weeks old. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby has grown out of two of his gowns, and I insist on keeping them on. His feet are dangling out of them.  I'm not mentally prepared to empty his wardrobe so soon!!
  • Some of my newborn stuff is starting to get a little tight, and some of the 0-3 is starting to fit, so we are in that weird in between phase. Same with diapers: newborn are just a little small and size 1 are just a little big. I can't even think that far ahead to next summer. Kudos to you for being prepared!
  • My son is 4 weeks old on Monday and he's officially in 0-3 clothes. He's growing too damn fast. 
  • @NutellaToast - it's mainly if I just find something super cheap or that I absolutely love. 

MIL keeps buying clothes she finds super cheap or at yard sales that I don't like. Like they're not hideous, but just stuff she's buying bc it's cheap. I don't want a whole wardrobe of stuff that is just something to wear, yanno? I can always use them as play clothes or just around the house I guess. It's just how she is. She thinks everything can be bought at a yard sale. She got on to H once bc he bought a brand new crock pot and could have found one used. Who cares?? He needed it soon and I would rather buy a brand new one too. She's weird. 
  • @PurplePoppy424 @NutellaToast DS is also in that weird in between sizes phase.. I cannot believe that she is pretty much done with newborn sizes!

@ginger1228 that is my mom! So many just because their cheap and in good condition clothes, when I would like to find a few cute things on clearance.

DH was off for the first Saturday in a while (except for DD'sbirth). My dad was supposed to visit, but cancelled because my step mom was ill. She is always sick though. Last weekend she was too sick to visit, so they went to the state fair.... I am not offended if she doesn't want to visit, but wish my dad and grandma would come without her. Heworksmost weekends and may not have another day off for quite a while.
  • BusyZee said:
    My baby has grown out of two of his gowns, and I insist on keeping them on. His feet are dangling out of them.  I'm not mentally prepared to empty his wardrobe so soon!!
    Ugh. Yes. I bought Aanya new sleepers I think about 2 weeks ago and the next week they didn't fit! :angry: She's probably at around 10lbs now but she's still in NB surprisingly. The onesies and pants are fine, it's the sleepers she grows out of so fast because they cover her feet. She's growing out of her NB cloth diapers pretty fast. Thankfully I didn't buy alot. I just went and purchased the final one size stash (which were  huge on her before we figured out how to snap and fit them properly) and I'm anxiously waiting for them to arrive because I don't have enough and am doing laundry way too often! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • It warms my heart so much to see the birth announcements and read the stories! Thank you to all that posted and anyone that posted late. If you didn't get yours posted and thought maybe it was too late, it is not. ☺
  • @ginger1228 I saved tons of money by just constantly buying secondhand clothes for DS. I always bought the next few sizes up, and even bigger if I found something really special. I would frequent secondhand shops and just get one or a couple items each week, and by the time he was in those sizes, I had almost his whole wardrobe ready. On that note, some relevant points:

1) The one thing I had a hard time with was shorts. Both summers, I just had to find a good sale and then buy a few pairs new (this year I bought 5 pairs at Kohl's for like $6-9/each).

2) The size he was in longest was 18 months. For this LO, I will buy more of that size than other sizes.