April 2018 Moms

Protein drinks/greens

I was wondering if anyone is adding a protein drink or anything healthy like that? My friend sells it works and they have a "greens" powder drink.  IIt has all your veggies and fruits in it. Just wondering if it's worth it???
Megan

Re: Protein drinks/greens

• I talked to my doctor and she said that some protein powders are ok to drink while pregnant. Not too sure about the It Works brand (I always thought it was a weight loss brand?), but there are good ones out there!
  • I drank Orgain with my first pregnancy. I'll probably do the same with this one. It was good and helped a lot! Taste waaaaay better then ensure or boost
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd skip any MLM products honestly. I only use actual protein products from whey protein. If you're a vegetarian, there are other options as well that are plant based. 

My favorite by by far is Life Recovery Wellness cappaccino flavor and Italian sweet cream flavor. 

If if I can't get my hands on that, I use premier protein chocolate in the premixed. Or I'll add muscle milk powder to a fruit/veggie smoothie. 
  • I drink at least one shake a day.  I do a cup of raw spinach (I swear to science you can't taste it) in my strawberry flavored one.  
    BabyFruit Ticker