February 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday

I didn't see this one started yet, hope it's okay I went ahead with it!! :) 

How are everyone's fitness plans going this week?
Married 5/27/13
Anniversary

Baby#2
BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Fit Mom Friday

• I am no where near my stated goals... but I did manage to get in two short runs. I bought new (super cushioned!) running shoes, which have helped both with motivation and with the "bruised" feeling in my pubic bone. No more feeling bruised! Yay!
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • This week was tough. I got a few long walks and 2-3 barre workouts done ( all short, 20 minute videos)
    ...not my best fit week but I'll take it! 

• Loading the player...
  • I finally had a bit of energy this week! I went to ball hockey and played baseball so I'm really hoping to
    start running again! It felt so good to be running again and not wanting to be sick! 
  • smorzandojsmorzandoj member
    edited August 2017
    Um. I plead the 5th. 

• I did daily dog walks (about 45-60 minutes each day) and finally got back to the gym to do weights one day this week. (Hoping with work stuff slowing down and energy going up, I'll start going twice a week.) I also went and picked up two prenatal fitness DVDs (one yoga and one pilates) for $5. Hoping to start doing those this weekend. 
  • This week was good. I've been fortunate not to have sickness and be able to continue workouts throughout pregnancy. I'm thankful for this because it's time to myself that I can take on any stress and clear/reset my head.

I did short runs everyday, 2 40 minute dog walks, and 3 at home 30 minute workouts (upper, lower, total body). Tomorrow I'll be doing a 5k. I'm slightly nervous but mainly excited about tomorrow's run...first time mommy & first race for baby. :)
  • Not great...managed only 2 runs. But yesterday did 5 miles and felt better than I have in 2 months! So I'm hopeful I can at least turn my scheduled November half marathon into a 10K
  • Went to taebo during  work, sweat dried off... still in my workout clothes and havent showered, lol. We dress casual at work
  • orchid36 said:
    This week was good. I've been fortunate not to have sickness and be able to continue workouts throughout pregnancy. I'm thankful for this because it's time to myself that I can take on any stress and clear/reset my head.

I did short runs everyday, 2 40 minute dog walks, and 3 at home 30 minute workouts (upper, lower, total body). Tomorrow I'll be doing a 5k. I'm slightly nervous but mainly excited about tomorrow's run...first time mommy & first race for baby. :)
    I have a kinda funny story about that. Leading up to conceiving, I was training for a 10K. I was trying to lose a pesky post-wedding 10 lbs by running a ton and putting a target race on the calendar.

Well I did the race and I was EXHAUSTED after. I did a great time though... I just kept telling my husband that I thought I was sick and coming down with something because I could not bounce back. Sure enough, got my positive test the next day and told his "well, I guess 3 of us raced yesterday!"

I was lucky enough to work out for most of the first trimester, with a week here and there being either too sick or tired to. I went to yoga, and ran a couple of times last week, but this week I'm really focusing on getting in a routine.
  • @stephbp2007 Yes! Granted my race was a lot shorter than yours....I was so tired afterwards. Took 30 minutes to recover instead of my typical 10. That's a great memory you'll keep of running with 3! :)