Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

question for those who have had a second tri loss

Hi ladies :) I have a question for those who have experienced a second tri loss

I lost my son Alexander when i was 19 weeks along due to ic/chorio back in April ... i was induced and had a natural uncomplicated delivery.... my period resumed in June....since then i have had periods every month but also intermittent bleeding mid cycle ... not a lot of bleeding but a little bleeding often, and on and off... if that makes sense

In June when i called my DR and they said this is considered normal the first 2-3 cycles... my question is: how normal is this... has anyone else experienced the intermittent bleeding? i am supposed to start IUIs with injectables next month and i'm afraid my hormones are all out of wack 
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: question for those who have had a second tri loss

• Options
    Hi there.  I had a loss at 18 weeks in June, also had an uncomplicated natural delivery, and my period started just shy of five weeks later.  It was unsusual in that I had a full week of spotting after my regular flow ended (called "tail end brown bleeding), which I have never had before. My bext period was normal (and I've just had the two).  Your doctor is right that it can be expected that your cycles would be a little wonky post-loss, especially with a later loss as the hormonal picture afterward is more like a true post-partum than in a much earlier miscarriage...but I don't think I'd go so far as to say it is "normal"...it's likely still indicative of an imbalance, even if the imbalance is understandable, YKWIM?  If you are planning to go ahead with the injectables/IUIs next month, I'd definitively be asking your doc to check on your levels before proceeding...especially progesterone as that's the most common culprit in mid-cycle spotting.  Good luck, and I hope you're able to get everything straightened out soon so thst you can start TTC!
  • Options
    i'm so sorry for the loss you experienced but thank you for your reply! at this point i'm def going to have her run a hormone panel before moving forward with the IUI..... i just wish my body worked the way it was supposed to -sigh-
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I also experienced a second tri loss, but it was earlier than yours, so I had a d&e. I had some issues with recovery from the surgery, and with very light periods and weird spotting afterward, so my RE checked my hormone levels and did a hysteroscopy to make sure my uterus looked healed. We are moving to IVF and he wanted to do these before we did any treatments. It may be worth asking your doc about. 

Good luck. I am wishing you the very best and hoping your body does get back to normal.