March 2018 Moms

PGAL Check-In - 8/17

2»

Re: PGAL Check-In - 8/17

• @bklyninri  So sorry to hear this.  Take care of yourself.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @bklyninri I am so sorry for your loss. 

• Loading the player...
  • @bklyninri I am so sorry. Please take care of yourself. 
  • @jessbruxanovaa, welcome to our little corner of the BMB. Sorry you have to join our club. 
  • @bklyninri so sorry to hear this. Please just take care of yourself. 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• @bklyninri, I am so very sorry to read this. All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take very good care of yourself!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bklyninri I'm so very sorry for your loss  :(:(

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @justkeeptrying thank you! I appreciate it. 
  • @bklyninri I am so very sorry to hear this 
  • @bklyninri I am so very sorry.  :'( 
  • How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?
    I had my appointment today. My doctor could not find the heartbeat on the doppler. After a few minutes he moved us to another room with an ultrasound machine. We were able to see the little flicker on the screen. I asked what the heart rate is and he said the machine is very old and does not give that information. I seem to be measuring the right size. I am going back in two weeks so he can re-check the heartbeat on the doppler. 

How are you doing? 
    I am doing okay. I was freaking because I keep thinking I have to go back in a few weeks because something is wrong. Damn you, PGAL brain. 

GTKY: What is your favorite household chore? Your least favorite? 
    Favorite- doing dishes. It is very relaxing to me for some reason! 
    Least favorite - cleaning the toilets! I've been totally stacking in the cleaning department the last few months. 
  • How far along are you?
    11+4

Any appointments coming up?

Not until 15ish weeks, but I should find out the results of the NIPT later this week. My doctor knows me well, and did an US every week until last week so I didn't stress myself out with worry. Now I just have to cheat and use the US at work until my next appointment.

How are you doing?
    Exhausted! I never knew it was possible to be this tired ALL THE TIME. Thankfully the all day long nausea is starting to ease, but the fatigue is still going strong.  I'm freaking out just a little that I have 2 night shifts this week (I do both days and nights) for the first time since around 5ish weeks.  I'm really worried that I'm just going to fall asleep in the middle of doing something important!  I was definitely tired with my MC, but I only made it to 8 weeks, so it was never this bad.

GTKY: What is your favorite household chore? Your least favorite?
    Least favorite: Pretty much all of them. I'm really good at keeping my house looking clean...keeping clutter at bay, beds made, dishes out of the sink, etc., but I am terrible at actually cleaning anything. My husband does a lot, bless him.
    Favorite: Anything that involves getting rid of stuff: cleaning out the fridge, pantry, closets, whatever. I am the opposite of a pack rat and DH is a borderline hoarder. I can't wait until he lets me at the garage.
  • Hi PGAL ladies, need some positive stories here, I am feeling so different at 10 weeks, way more energy, less if no nausea and the skin reaction around my ring finger is no longer an issue...freaking out that something is wrong...anyone else lose symptoms at 10 weeks and things turned out okay? 
  • @mountain_girl

don't freak out.  I lost nearly all of my symptoms at around 8 wks (except the nausea... that remained). But all others were 100% gone.  had an ultrasound at 9w3d and everything was perfect.  I have my NT test next Monday and most of my symptoms never returned - except the nausea which is only a problem if I forget to take my diclectin. 

all you can do for yourself is try to keep yourself calm and relaxed. you are nearing the 2nd tri - your symptoms might just be leveling out. 

• I had a dream the other night that I miscarried again. I woke up so confused and disheartened. There have been so many emotions the last 2 days. I'm making myself crazy. So thankful I have an appointment on Thursday and can hopefully get some reassurance. 
  • @mountain_girl try not to worry! I started feeling better with my daughter and in this pregnancy starting around 9 weeks. For me, I would have one really magical good feeling day, followed by one or two ok days, and then all the symptoms would knock me down for a day, then repeat - with the yucky day steadily improving to less yucky up through about 12 weeks. 
    I think it is normal to start feeling better as your placenta starts to take over hormone production. 
    Hang in there!

• @mountain_girl Don't go by symptoms! With our son I wasn't sick at all. With one of my miscarriages I had pregnancy symptoms until a week after my D&C. You really can't go by them! 
  • @mountain_girl I don't know what to tell you because I'm worrying about every little thing too. I'm looking for blood, I'm flipping out because the heartbeat was only 140 yesterday at 8w2d and I'm thinking it should have been much higher... I don't know how to help you stay calm because I'm a ball of nerves too... so I'm right there with you...
    Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Mars Florencio 11/15/16 - 3/6/17
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • @justkeeptrying I have these nightmares, too. For me, it definitely improves in he second trimester. Hope it does for you soon, too. 

@mountain_girl When I was pregnant with my son, I started feeling less symptoms (a lot better) around 10 weeks, too. I think it's totally normal as you approach the second trimester 

@senora76 thinking of you, I've been there. Always counting the days to the next doctor appointment or ultrasound. Sending positive vibes. 
  • My PGAL brain has me paranoid today, because I had an upsetting family isssue come up this afternoon. I hate to let myself get so upset, especially while pregnant, where my heart races and I feel like I'm having a panic attack. 

Anyway, I'm stressed/worried that all this will negatively impact the baby. Ultrasound Friday can't come soon enough.
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 just to reassure you, when I was pregnant with DS I had more than one panic attack between my ILs and moving countries with about 5 weeks notice, buying a house and getting hit by another car at 34 weeks. None of those panic attacks ever had an adverse affects on my pregnancy or LO. I definitely recommend avoiding them because they absolutely suck, but don't freak out if you can't help it. <3
  • @mdfarmchick thank you, I am so sorry you went through all that. 
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 I also was in an accident while pregnant with my son and was a hot mess. Baby was perfectly ok (I was on my way to my ultrasound appt actually). And I had insane anxiety with my daughter (worried about DS feeling unloved, being a STM, etc) she was also ok. Do something that helps calm you if you can find something— reading, sitting outside, watching a funny show, talking to a friend, etc. Panic attacks and anxiety are 2 of my worst enemies. Hugs. 
  • edited August 2017
    @chasingroygbiv so happy everything was okay with your son and daughter - that is so scary. I'm just so fed up with certain unsupportive family members. My father is very sick and his sibilings are causing so much unnecessary stress. It's just been too much to bear lately, and I'm usually pretty good at brushing everything off, but I've reached my limit. 
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 , @chasingroygbiv , @senora76, @mrs_tuna_08 , @bb3vj3n I honestly started crying when reading your responses, I so so appreciate you taking the time to comment. I was feeling really good about this pregnancy, so these anxious feelings and emotions came out of nowhere when I started to lose a few symptoms... update for you, this was totally unorthodox and I'm surprised they did it, but today the health and counselling centre at work that typically only takes students let me see a doctor who used a Doppler...she warned me it's really really hard to find the heartbeat at 10 weeks so to not worry if we didn't hear anything...she did find it for a second and said she heard movement, but then couldn't find it again...for me that was better than nothing and I'm feeling a bit better about the pregnancy overall. First trimester and PGAL brain is so hard. Thank you ladies again, you're amazing!!