April 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Check In - Week of 8/15

How far along are you?

What are your symptoms?

What appointments have you had/do you have coming up? How'd it go?

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What's your go-to breakfast these days?
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: FTM Check In - Week of 8/15

• Options
    How far along are you?
    5 weeks 5 days

What are your symptoms?
    Constipation and gas! Some occasional breast/nipple soreness. 

My first appointment isn't until September 7th and it's really eating me alive. TW* The mentioned losses on the board the last 24hrs have caused my anxiety to go into overdrive. End TW. I just wish my appointment was sooner so I had some small reassurance things are going ok. 

Rants/raves? 
    DH finally figured out how to hang this mirror we bought on our mantal at home and it looks SO nice! We also bought new living room furniture over the weekend which I'm so excited about! The only rant I have is we purchased a new media center a few weeks ago and when it got delivered it was the wrong color.  :s  We sent it back but now the store is saying it's on backorder and they don't know if we can get our order until the end of September! It wouldn't be that big of a deal but we just went through this with another company for a new dresser we bought... took us 3 months to get that one. Ugh.

When are you planning to do a hospital tour?

Organic oatmeal or Silk dairy free yogert during the week and eggs on the weekend. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    6w3d
    What are your symptoms?
    Morning sickness, abdominal discomfort and pulling sensations, gas, constipation, dizziness, vivid dreams, exhaustion
     not till next week
    Rants/raves? 
    I am dog sitting and she refuses to cooperate. I try to take her out and she won't pee. Then when I'm exhausted and feeling nauseous she wants to go out. 

mostly just cereal
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    6+3

What are your symptoms?
    Sore boobs, constipation, bloating, emotions outbursts... You know... The fun stuff lol

Got bloodwork back saying progesterone levels are low. Retesting today and fingers crossed I'll get results back by the end of the week. If its still low ill be joinging the progesterone crew!

Rants/raves? 
    DH built our new bed frame over the weekend and I absolutely love it! This week I also get to call and schedule my week 8 ultrasound. That's exciting!

How are you guys dealing with the anxiety of the recent losses weve had in our group? I'm a little more anxious and down thinking about the fabulous moms to be that need to start over.

I have been wanting shitty greasy fast food breakfasts but have been trying to stay away. Right now eggs and apple and toast. On occasion peanut butter toast.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    6 + 4
    What are your symptoms?
    Nausea, usually at dinner time. Irritable, crazy dreams.
    I had a blood draw last week, it was to check HCG. My first visit with the doctor is 9/6 so I won't probably have an u/s until after that... I keep forgetting to call and ask.
    Rants/raves? 
    I bought a doppler so we could try to hear something and we heard a wooshing sound but not the heartbeat yet. It is definitely too early anyway.
    How do you handle people that are.... let's say - less than excited - about the LO? Last night we told my IL and they did not react well. I let MH deal with it, but I'm still kind of hurt. I know no one is as excited about your life events as you are... but I'm sad for him about it.
    Protein smoothie with non-dairy yogurt and PB2. YUM!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    When are you planning to do a hospital tour?

Organic oatmeal or Silk dairy free yogert during the week and eggs on the weekend. 
    RE: Hospital tour - probably 2nd tri. I'm not sure if that's early or late...
    RE: Breakfast - I love the Silk ones, have you tried any other dairy free yogurt?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited August 2017
    @karabeers As I mentioned, I have been really anxious the last 24hrs because of the losses. Nothing seems to be making me feel much better in terms of worrying about my own pregnancy not to mention how horrible I feel for the ladies going through it. I was using the thread that talks about the chances of not having a MC for some reassurance but the recent discussion on that thread has made it a source of anxiety for me now too. I really don't want to get off The Bump because I love the community here. Also, because we are waiting until after our first appointment to tell anyone I don't have anyone to talk to, but the reminders that things could go wrong at any minuet is becoming difficult for my anxious brain. 

@sarahkate2233 Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your IL reaction... do you know why they were "less than excited"? Did they voice any particular concerns? ETA- I haven't tried anything other then the Silk. I really like them so I guess I just stick to what I know! 

• Options
    winderslanewinderslane member
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 I was not surprised from their previous comments. Its kind of sad all around. I don't let it bother me, but I was sad that he was sad. He saw my mom get all excited and cry and hug us, and then his parents just sat there and his dad asked how many days MH had been back... apparently enough days. *rolling my eyes*

I like the So Delicious and Silk ones. The So Delicious "ice cream" bars are my favorite treat right now :smile:
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sarahkate2233 That's so bizarre to me that they would respond like that. I'm sorry  :/ Hopefully other people's reactions will make up for it over time as you share the news more. It still sucks though when it's a parent who acts that way. 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 Yeah, it was a super bizarre dinner overall. Thanks for listening!

Did your doctor say they'd do the u/s or that would be just a visit on the 7th? I've been pretty anxious too with waiting.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sarahkate2233 My understand is that they will be doing an u/s. My doctor doesn't typically schedule patients before 7-8 weeks because she said she wants to make sure it's not too early to hear a good heartbeat. According to my LMP I will be 8 weeks 3 days at the appointment but because I was tracking I know I'm actually 4 days further along because I ovulated early at CD 11. So I should be exactly 9 weeks by the time my appointment rolls around. I guess the only good thing is I should definitely know at the appointment if things are looking good or bad by then.  

• Options
    How far along are you? 4W5D

What are your symptoms? Fatigue

What appointments have you had/do you have coming up? How'd it go? I had my first ultrasound today! I wasn't expecting that to happen but it was very exciting to see the little sack! I go back in 3 more weeks for another. 

Rants/raves? I am SO WORRIED about going back to work! I am a teacher and starting a new grade level this year. I used to teach an older grade and now I'm moving down to first grade. I'm so worried about the ability to leave the room if I get morning sickness or have to pee!! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? STM+: How did you handle keeping your pregnancy quiet until you were out of your first trimester? DH hasn't told anyone and I haven't told him that my sister and best friend know. A trustworthy co-worker who is TTC knows as well. 

FTM: How many people have you told you're preggo and how long are you planning to hold out on telling others?

GTKY: What's your go-to breakfast these days? I'm not a big breakfast eater when I'm not working so I haven't been eating breakfast lately. We go back to work next week so I plan to try and have breakfast bars and breakfast tacos then!
  • Options
    @sarahkate2233 Is this your IL first grandchild? If so - what an odd reaction! If not, maybe the new-ness is worn out from already being a grandparent and they will be more excited once the baby is here?
  • Options
    @lemr13 I have told my two best friends and my boss because I have a high MC family history. I told my boss so that she understands why I might be going to appointments more often than anyone has ever asked to go home lol I'm just not creative enough to figure out a bunch of different reasons to leave work. Also, DH and I have am understanding that we can tell people who are close enough to grieve with. If, heaven forbid, the pregnancy doesn't keep til 12 weeks when we would tell everyone, then I would only have to update people I can grieve with ie my best friends.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

How far along are you? 4 + 3

What are your symptoms? Sore boobs, really vivid dreams, cramps

What appointments have you had/do you have coming up? How'd it go? None till sept. 6th... then my ultrasound is sept. 26th... it's going to be the longest 6 weeks evah

Rants/raves? These dreams are messing with me!! Knock it off brain!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Hmm... I'm a bit obsessed with everything baby and pregnancy right now, to the point it's becoming distracting... anyone else feel this way? Will this obsessions go away?! How do I get myself to study for my not-as-exciting exam in october?!

GTKY: What's your go-to breakfast these days? I have a leftover kale salad from this weekend, and I have been pan frying that and topping it with a over-hard fried egg.

• Options
    @lemr13 I have been ignoring my friends lol! It's a bit easier for me though because I live out of state from all my friends and family but I have been picking up the phone less these days. I only plan to wait until after our first appointment though before I start telling a few friends and family. 
  • Options
    viggie17viggie17 member
    edited August 2017
    sarahkate2233 said: I was not surprised from their previous comments. Its kind of sad all around. I don't let it bother me, but I was sad that he was sad. He saw my mom get all excited and cry and hug us, and then his parents just sat there and his dad asked how many days MH had been back... apparently enough days. *rolling my eyes* 
    @sarahkate2233 I don't really expect a overly excited response from, well, really either my in laws or my family. (I'm mostly thinking parents here, I think siblings will be neutral/happy) There's no particular reason why (it's not like they're going to be supporting us in any way besides whatever they feel inclined to do), but i guess the way that I cope is
    a. Feel a bit sad about it, I think it's normal to feel sad that someone that should be your support isn't really there for you (maybe this would be better advice for your husband?) In what is a happy and exciting moment in your life
    B. Try to surround yourself with people that are happy about it. Don't let debby downers bring your energy down, and realize that their reaction is out of your control. Unfortunately sometimes you have to distance yourself from people because they're bad energy, even if it's just temporary!

Sorry their reaction sucked! 
  • Options
    Oops, made this thread and then ghosted :)

How far along are you? 
    6w5d

What are your symptoms? I generally feel pretty crummy - my stomach hurts on and off all day lately, like being hungover or carsick. So far I'm not really nauseous, just uncomfortable. No food sounds good. Also, constipation and I'm pretty tired.

What appointments have you had/do you have coming up? How'd it go? Nope, not til next week.

Rants/raves?
    RaveI had to get 8 hours worth of service done on my car, but the dealership is in the nearest "big town," an hour and a half away, so I spent the day with my mom shopping and hanging out.
    Rant: It's going to cost me an arm and a leg, and I felt pretty bad all afternoon, but couldn't say anything because she doesn't know yet.

I used to usually eat peanut butter toast with banana and apple, but lately it's been more like whatever I can stomach: dry cereal, yogurt and banana, whole wheat toast with a little scambled egg.
    @JJMNO16 @karabeers I've been having a pretty hard time with the loss posts, especially knowing that this is just the beginning. For me it's been really important to remind myself that nothing I can do right now will make a difference one way or another, so I need to not worry about it. I value your input here and don't want you to go, but if it's too hard, you might consider bouncing for a few weeks until we're though the majority of the losses, or until you're more confident of your own pregnancy.
    @karabeers FX for better progesterone levels!
    @sarahkate2233 Sorry about your IL's reaction...
    @lemr13 I have the same worries! I teach high school culinary arts and I'm terrified of getting sick in class because I'm not ready to tell everyone what's going on, but I also lecture my students about not being in the kitchen when sick. As for who we'll tell and when: so far MH and I are the only ones who know. We plan to tell everyone after the 1st trimester is over... I don't know how hard it will be to keep it secret yet, so we'll see about that.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    How far along are you?
    6 weeks, 4 days

What are your symptoms?
    Incredibly sore boobs, some nausea, fatigued.

I've had 3 betas, and first US is next week! 6 days to go :)

Rants/raves? 
    It's so annoying that I have to monitor everything I say now, to make sure I don't let slip that I'm pregnant to people we're not ready to tell yet haha

Nope

Terrible.. I've been having coco pops these last few days haha
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    6+3
    What are your symptoms?
    So nauseous, tired, and cold. Im not having specific food adversions it's just food in general that is not appealing to me and I love food! 
    Not for 2 more weeks (just a pap and some cultures)
    Rants/raves? 
    Just feeling awful these days. Im really excited for this weekend though because we plan on telling DH's family and Ive been so anxious to tell them because Im around them a lot. 
    Im having some pretty uncomfortable back pain just on the right side, should I be concerned about this? It could be siatica but usually that goes down the side of my hip. 
    Cereal is about the only thing that I can eat that doesnt make me want to gag thinking about it. Right now its raisin bran and cocoa krispies (not together of course). Ill even eat it during the day if i can't figure out what else to eat. 

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Options
    @lemr13 @viggie17 and @hedgepig Last night was their last night in town so I didn't bring it up again. This is the first grandchild on both sides. I did say to MH that we can't control other people's reactions and maybe they'll warm to the idea, but if not that's ok too. Our excitement isn't dependent on anyone else. He seemed in better spirits today so I think we will just leave it be for now.

@JJMNO1616 that makes sense, I wish it was easier to feel more rest-assured in the meantime.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    How far along are you?
    Five weeks as of today :)

What are your symptoms?
    Bloating like CRAZY. I am also always exhausted but can't seem to sleep well (and am up every 2.5 hours to pee). I have been super gassy (totally not sexy), and have had vivid dreams on the occasions that I can sleep.

My "prenatal intake" appointment is tomorrow.

Rants/raves? 
    I feel surprisingly calm and relaxed so far. I am starting to feel a little envious of the women around me who are pregnant and far enough along that can share though. I want to scream it from the mountaintops with excitement, and that has created a bit of a wall between me and the people in my life/coworkers until I can tell.

I am very active usually but with my energy levels I can't get motivated to do anything! Anyone know of any good home videos i can watch for yoga/light workouts to feel like I am still exercising without leaving my house?

A lot of cereal, and also a lot of fruit (smoothies with frozen spinach and mangos or blueberries)
    -----
    Handsome Man I Love: 36 / Me: 32 ****FTM!!! <3
    BFP: Aug 11, 2017
    EDD: Apr 20, 2018
    Fun Fact: Lumbar Discectomy Surgery April 2017
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @allowachickI am too tired to walk the dog most nights and my partner is sweet enough to send me to bed around 8pm and walk the dog because i can barely make it through dinner and a sitcom after work ;)
    -----
    Handsome Man I Love: 36 / Me: 32 ****FTM!!! <3
    BFP: Aug 11, 2017
    EDD: Apr 20, 2018
    Fun Fact: Lumbar Discectomy Surgery April 2017