November 2017 Moms

PGAL / PAIF Weekly Check In 8/15/17-8/21/17

This thread is for women who are pregnant after a loss and who have a history of loss or for women who have struggled with infertility and are now pregnant.

This thread is one huge trigger warning so if you just came to read, please protect yourself if you are not comfortable reading about loss.  This is a place where women can talk freely about their loss history.

*****PLEASE DO NOT post losses here. Start a new thread. *****

Hey PGAL / PAIF ladies, "Today you are pregnant!"  3 

1. How far along are you today?

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?

4. How is your SO handling everything?

5. GTKY: Are you having a shower? If so, is there a theme that you know of. Feel free to share inspiration pics. If not, why not? If you've had one in the past and have pics to share, feel free!
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: PGAL / PAIF Weekly Check In 8/15/17-8/21/17

• 1. How far along are you today?
    24+6

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing. MMC feb 16, CP April 16, CP June 16, MC oct 16. IVF with PGS testing and FET of 2 embryos march 13. Lucky #13 growing strong 

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Loving every day right now. Kicks and weird movements, love my belly, so excited to get to tell people "yes! I am pregnant" when they ask. It never felt like I would get to here 

4. How is your SO handling everything? He is fantastic and enjoys every part of this. He's looking for any extra baby classes he can take and spoils me 

5. GTKY: Are you having a shower? If so, is there a theme that you know of. Feel free to share inspiration pics. If not, why not? If you've had one in the past and have pics to share, feel free!
    H's family is throwing us one in Canada on the 27, I think it's a nautical theme with "baby on board" but they won't tell me too many details. My family is throwing one in Texas October 7 and not sure. The only idea my mom has shared is a "mom-osa" bar with sparkling juices 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• 1. How far along are you today? 27 weeks, 2 days

BFP #1 8/20/10 EDD 5/2/11 MMC 10/10
    BFP #2 7/14/11 EDD 3/26/12 DD born 3/23/12
    BFP #3 9/12/16 EDD 5/25/17 MMC 10/16
    BFP #4 3/5/17 EDD 11/12/17
    And I am 39 when the baby will be born so I am DONE no matter what. I can't handle any more pregnancy emotional trauma with all the uncertainty.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Doctor's appointment today with a good heartbeat, so yay. I'm moving onto every-2-week appointments now. We also discussed allowing me to go past my due date until nearer the end of the 40th week rather than inducing me during the 39th week so I have a better chance of a TOLAC/VBAC. She will be doing twice-weekly monitoring on me after 38/39 weeks so I feel much more comfortable about the risks.

4. How is your SO handling everything? He is Mr. Stress about money. But he has been moving forward with painting the nursery finally.

Don't think I am having a shower, which stinks because I have NOTHING from DD besides the crib and the convertible car seat (which she was still in when I got the BFP with pregnancy #3). I was so upset that I wasn't getting pg when we moved cross country back in 2015 and DD was 3 1/2 that I donated all this super nice baby stuff to a pregnancy charity and now I wish I still had it.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...

28 weeks + 1 day. 

-early miscarriage/CP in August 2016 at 4+2 confirmed via blood work 
    -ectopic pregnancy in September 2016 between 5-6 weeks confirmed via blood work and ultrasound 

Ok for the most part. Tired and achy. 
    Struggles- I currently have this fun pinching feeling down there. 
    Successes- I almost got all my organizational items crossed off my to do list, now it's mostly just regular cleaning until she is born. 

Pretty good. I catch him watching our little girl crazy in my belly while we are laying in bed. 

I could tell he was a little bummed he had to miss our ultrasound yesterday and it crushed him a little more when the pictures didn't show up on our disk. Luckily, I was able to go back today to get a disk for him I can't wait to see his face while he looks at her. 

Our close friend is throwing us a small couples sprinkle on the 27th. I think if I counted right a max of 10 adults and two kids. 

I don't know if there is one theme persay. She sent me one of the invitations so I could put it in the baby book and it is pink with sparkley rain with an umbrella. I know she mentioned how she thought it would be cute to do rainbow popcorn for favors. But other than that we have not discussed details. I know she wants a final head count soon so I will probably call her tomorrow to check in. 

25 weeks or 24 weeks 5 days 

MC @ 6 weeks November 2015

Today I have mixed feelings. I'm really excited Baby Brian is moving all over the place, so people can see from the outside. However, the current socio-political climate in the South makes me extremely sad to be a Southerner and minority.  On a pregnancy level, my back constantly aches and I lose my breath easily. I don't remember this happening until well into 3rd tri with my daughter.

He's awesome as usual. 

I decided that I no longer want a shower because the people who offered to help expected me to foot the bill. I will be out of work for 2 months without pay since I'm part time at my job, and I'm fine purchasing my own baby items. I'm having a blast baby shopping anyway. I'm considering a sip and see once the baby arrives, but I'll probably change my mind about that, too. 

Here's a pic of my husband and I from 7 years ago at our first shower celebrating DD.

• 1. How far along are you today? 26 weeks 3 days

NMC at 7w6d in January

Feeling physically uncomfortable. I grunt when I need to bend down and sometimes I have to try twice to get up from a chair, couch, or bed. I could tell it was coming soon, but it feels so early! Mentally, I am trying REALLY hard not to focus on our angel baby's EDD, which is in 6 days. I've just been pregnant for 8 of the last 10 months and I'm tired. 

He is walking on eggshells at times and trying to remember I can cry at the drop of a hat. He brought home one of the dressers so he can work on sanding it. I wish he'd get a move on with hiring someone to remodel the kitchen since he admitted he's probably out of time to do it himself.

My sister is throwing us an adventure / travel theme shower to fit the bedroom decor. We may do boxes like these as goodie bags / place card holders. We may do a guestbook of thumbprint ballooons on canvas like this. I think the invite she picked is on the bottom right.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 those are the absolute worst days. With my first one, I took the day off work and spent the entire day doing things for just me like a pedicure (and one of my counseling sessions). It was very beneficial to take that time to process my emotions, cry, and focus on what I needed to be as mentally ok as I could be. Try and take whatever time you can for yourself 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @DungeonTrollMel DH and I planned a weekend away to get my mind off of it. I would have liked to have been away on the actual day, but he wanted to work. Having almost everything ready for this baby has helped.

• My first EDD for my first loss was horrible because it was right around Mother's Day and also I hadn't gotten pregnant again yet (and didn't until that July). I don't know how I did it, but I didn't even notice it come and go. I think I was too traumatized to let my brain acknowledge it.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker