Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread | Week of 8/14

2»

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread | Week of 8/14

• @dukestar5 I use EPO regularly in my follicular phase (my understanding is that it can cause issues, I think uterine contractions, but don't quote me, in luteal phase).  I've found that it does make a difference, especially if I keep the water coming.  Of course, I also drink a cup of green tea most days before O, and take guaifenesine as well.  So maybe it's a combo of all that.  Also, I do have to, ahem, dig for CM generally speaking.  But it's definitely there, and I notice a difference when I'm on point with supplements and water...
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Loading the player...
  • @dukestar5 - The one cycle I tried EPO, I didn't ovulate until CD60. Everyone responds differently, but delayed ovulation can definitely be a side effect. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Aurora1973 and @pebbledam  Thank you both!  Now I feel a little conflicted...I did buy some EPO at the store earlier today, but I hung on to the receipt in case I changed my mind.  :#  @Aurora1973  Have you noticed delayed ovulation when using EPO?  
  • @dukestar5 My RE recommends against EPO -- he said it hurts (by delaying ovulation) more people than it helps. I've never tried it because I've had a lot of luck with water and green tea for CM. All that said, I don't think there's evidence of any lasting harm so if you want to try it one cycle and see if it works for you, you certainly could. I did that with a supplement called vitex, had a horrible response, and stopped taking it. My body was back to normal the next cycle.

• @dukestar5 I have not noticed later ovulation, but I could be that rare creature that isn't affected by something common.  I tend to agree with @adirat, first because she's super smart and pretty, but also because there are so many other things you can do to improve CM.  Perhaps leave EPO as a last resort if you aren't having luck with the others?

Now I'm considering whether I should just give it up.  I already take like 11 billion supplements, and I wouldn't mind dropping that number...
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• thisnthat314thisnthat314 member
    edited August 2017
    So periods have been consistently 26 days the last 5 months. AF is coming I assume??? Is the writing on the wall? Yesterday i tested a but early hence the open circle.
  • @thisnthat314 a temp drop below the cover line typically means AF is on the way, but you're not out until you're out. 9DPO is still pretty early to test.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @thisnthat314 As @lalala2004 said... this is looking very pre AF. Most dips that go back up tend to happen up to 7DPO... Were you cold last night? Sometimes you can get a wonky temp from that
  • dukestar5 said:
    Snip
    @kbamomma33. You mentioned that green tea and lots of water helped with cm production.  I feel like I already drink a ton of water, but the past several cycles I haven't had much in terms of watery/ewcm.  I tried drinking 1 cup of green tea per day, but didn't notice a change.  How much do you drink?
    Sorry- I'm just seeing this. I drink about 2 litres of water daily and add 1-2 cups of green tea.  
  • I'm looking for some advice please as I'm stressing myself out. 
    Im 6DPO today and this morning when I wiped (sorry if tmi) I had brown discharge, but there seemed to be more of it than I would assume would be classed as spotting. 
    My temps are still up though, so it wouldn't be AF coming would it???

Me 34/ DH 48/ Married August 2007

DD1 Born April 2004/ DD2 Born July 2005/ DD3 Born December 2009

Started TTC July 2017

• babyboywishbabyboywish member
    edited August 2017
    @babyboywish just last cycle I had spotting around 4 or 5 dpo for no reason. Bodies do weird things sometimes. I don't think we can tell you for certain its not your period, though because there's no way for us to know

Thanks for your reply. I'm just going to have to wait to test in a few days 

Started TTC July 2017

• @dragonette505 I was not cold that I noticed but today temp is back up to 98.03. So who knows what is happening  B)
  • thisnthat314thisnthat314 member
    edited August 2017
    @lalala2004 oh I know its early. TW below
    TW- my 3 pregnancies (2 mc and my DS) I found out at 9 and 10 DPO so I need to stop thinking thats how this one would be too.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited August 2017
    More along the lines of a rant/wtf. I'm pretty convinced that I O'ed on CD 18 but still no CH from FF. Not sure what it's waiting for. 

• I freaked myself out a bit because I just read an article that states that temps above 98 in the luteal phase are needed for pregnancy. The TCOYF book doesn't mention this, so just wondering others opinions. My normal is low 97s pre O and high 97s post O. Sometimes, I get a temp above 98, but not often. This cycle has been a bit wonky because I had a horrible cold last week. Thoughts?

• @jaylii FF disagrees with that. My temps are only ever over 98 if I take my temps after 8am. When I switched to taking them always at 6am they lowered considerably. 
  • @jaylii  I don't think that's true - TCOYF even has downloadable (this isn't a word) charts for women with low temps (so they have a 96-98 range instead of a 97-99 range).  

@babyboywish I had some random spotting around the same time as you on my last cycle, and AF came very late for me - Just have to wait it out.  Also, I think it is classified as spotting if the bleeding would not fill a tampon/pad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babyboywish I had some random spotting around the same time as you on my last cycle, and AF came very late for me - Just have to wait it out.  Also, I think it is classified as spotting if the bleeding would not fill a tampon/pad.
    The bleeding I had today has eased off now, and it wasn't heavy enough to fill a pad. It was very noticeable on the paper, but didn't get onto the pad at all. I'm hoping it was IB, and I'll be able to test in a couple of days. 

@babyboywish during the TWW there's nothing more you can do but wait. You'll either get pregnant or you won't, and you'll know one way or the other soon. Stress won't help. Knowing sooner won't make you more or less pregnant. What will be will be, you just have to wait. I find it helpful to focus on the fact that I'm learning so much more about my body via charting. If I get pregnant this cycle, fantastic; if I don't, I've still learned more about what normal looks like for me, and that's a small win in and of itself. Given this is your first cycle trying, be kind to yourself and focus on something else. Stressing won't do you any good. Yes, you'll be disappointed if you don't end up pregnant this round (although you'll notice a lot of us did not get pregnant the first month, so you'd be in good company) but why ruin your days now when there's no way to know yet? You're likely too early even for implantation, so just breathe, focus on something else. Easier said than done, but do try. 
    Thanks for your reply. I have to agree, the whole finding out more about my body has been really interesting

Started TTC July 2017

• @doxiemoxie212, I've been googling IB today, and what I've had today looks exactly like IB, and with my other symptoms sounds like it too. 
    I'm  going to keep a positive attitude, as I have a feeling, which could be completely wrong, but I believe that positive thinking helps in situations like this

Started TTC July 2017

• @canucklehead123, Thank you

Started TTC July 2017

• My doctor also advised against EPO @dukestar5 he did recommend d and b6 though, and mucinex/guafenesin. ;)

@jaylii  your specific temps or CL matters less than the fact that you see a shift and the length of each phase.  I have never heard anything like that about temps needing to be above or below a certain temp.  There are too many variables to make something like that meaningful.  Like pps said, you could switch your temp time earlier or later from one cycle to the next, and everything might sit in a different range, or start temping vaginally vs. orally.  Obviously those type of differences don't mean that anything fundamentally changed in your body to cause the temp ranges to shift, just the external temping circumstances.  Try not to stress. ❤ Your chart looks great!
  • Could this be an implantation dip?? 

I had spotting yesterday, and still have a tiny bit today, but it's nothing life AF bleeding, and only enough to go on the tissue. 

Started TTC July 2017

• @BusinessWife Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to be chill about all this, but occasionally fall head first into the black hole of internet info. I should know better because I'm a librarian! I agree that I haven't seen this info about 98 degrees anywhere else except that article. I think what's good for me, is that over a few months of temping I am seeing what is normal and consistent for my body. 
  •     
    Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18