Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randomness 08/14-18

Re: Weekday Randomness 08/14-18

• @izza2 that is 100% perfect! I just can't with people today or work. 
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Loading the player...
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts I felt the same thing, especially after the "leave it to the people that run the board" comment. Like we were making all the rules up as we went along. 
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts I couldn't agree more with you. She was on the defensive right away. Makes me feel just a touch sad, but when she got more rude, I was done with that.
  • edited August 2017
    @nitnat007 right? It's so bizarre how many people think we make these rules up arbitrarily and have any control over it.  The "I didn't know there were rules" excuse is so lame.  

ETA: words

@ajsanders-2 Yeah, I hear ya.  That's why it's always a surprise (a nice one) when people legit say, oh my bad, sorry about that! Going on the defensive with the "well it's okay cause I'm new" attitude drives me insane.  

ETA: again to add tag

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• edited August 2017
    @nitnat007 exactly! If you screw up, just own it and say sorry.  It's not a big deal.  Unfortunately it seems like very few people understand that and are too self absorbed to admit they could have possibly screwed up so they proceed to blame everyone/thing else.  It's sad and aggravating at the same time.

ETA: 
    @kbamomma33 *hugs* I'm so sorry girl!  That is so rough.  That's great for your friend, and kudos to you for being supportive (I would have had a really hard time with that).  It's really unfortunate that she didn't take your feelings into account before messaging you all that :(   

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts
    You know, I'm actually glad that she texted me instead of called, so that I could have the reaction in private. I do think that she was trying to be considerate in that regard. I was def not prepared for the pic of that blazer though! 
  • @kbamomma33 That's true, I suppose I meant more the pic/extra details would make it harder.  I imagine in her excitement wasn't thinking that far though.  It's great, but such a bummer at the same time.  *hugs*

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• edited August 2017
    @kbamomma33  TW [spoiler] big hugs.  No matter how much we love someone, it is always hard to get that news.  [/spoiler]
  • @kbamomma33. *internet stranger hugs*
    Glad you were able to react in private as she texted you.  You seem like you were able to be supportive for her. I sincerely hope you have amazing, empathetic support.  Especially for when you're struggling.  *more internet stranger hugs*

@izza2 @nitnat007 @ajsanders-2. Y'all nailed my sentiments exactly about this day.  

• TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• I know I'm supposed to hate the drive by's ...but I kind of love them. They make my days go by more quickly and I'm sad when I miss a post everyone references. But people be crazy! Like how can you miss the "READ THIS FIRST". This is more a UO but it's how I feel today. 
  • @kbamomma33 - I'm so sorry that you got a picture and everything from your BFF. People can be so clueless. How is your knee doing, btw?
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kbamomma33 stop being a jerk to yourself :P I know it's hard af, but take the help from others.  I hope it gets taken care of quickly and that your recovery goes quickly and as painlessly as possible.  Take care of yourself!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @kbamomma33 *hugs* I'm so sorry. What a hard time to get that news. It's perfectly ok to take a step back for your own emotional health before being fully excited and happy for her. Also, I hope it's smooth sailing through the appointments and scheduling process!

• @kbamomma33 So sorry you had to deal with that text, especially while benched! *yet more internet hugs*
  • @kbamomma33 So sorry about that text. All the hugs! 

• @kbamomma33, so very sorry to hear about that text! All the hugs in the world!

Putting this as a TW just in case:
    I've been trying to avoid Facebook like the plague recently, there's this post going around of 'people who are about to fall pregnant,' and of course my name is on there so everyone keeps tagging me and saying you are next. Well folks it were only that easy. Of course I have a friend with the same name, and she texted me saying if I am, you'll be pregnant soon too. Hunny, please, I wish. I mean I know we haven't been trying long, but apparently some people think you can get KU like in a blink of an eye.
  • @ajsanders-2 Ugh! That facebook post sounds truly awful! I've had to take a major step back from fb as well. Too many posts on there are triggering at this point. *hugs*
  • @ajsanders-2 TW  [spoiler] that is so annoying.  Like your name has anything to do with it? [/spoiler]
  • @darkstar42 IKR! Hugs right back at you as well!!
  • @ajsanders-2 Those have to be one of the most annoying things about Facebook.  One of the many many many many annoying things about Facebook.  *hugs*

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @mileswithmyles I know! I think the names are based off of stats from popular names or something like that. I swear I've been on it for like 4 years now....
  • @ajsanders-2 Ugh those FB posts are just ridiculous. Its tough to ignore them, but try your best. *hugs*
  • @ajsanders-2 Mine is too, because it was a popular name for a few years in the mid-eighties.  
  • @doxiemoxie212, At times I wish my friends were like yours, but most of my friends already have kids, and there's only a few of us left that don't. So, its tough. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I'm in a similar place with most of my friends. Marriage is the furthest things from most of my friends' minds- they're still mostly about getting drunk and banging anything they can get their hands on. 

We we have a few friends that are married, but most of the ones with families are at least five years older than us. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @zamora_spin @KariAnn323
    Have you watched the Orphan Black finale? If so what did you think? We decided to wait and watch the last 2 episodes together. Finished it last night. 
    Image result for orphan black dance gif

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm still processing it I guess. It was interesting to know exactly how many Ledas there were. I think I was so worried about losing one of the main clones that the "happy ending" seemed a little too neat. They also made me feel a little sorry for Rachel in the end; I don't want her to be part of clone club, but I do think they redeemed her a bit. Also, what happened to Charlotte?

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @jsnakehole yep, ditto. It's so weird, like no, I don't want to go to shitty bars in the east village with you. 
  • My FB is mostly people with kids/trying to get pregnant, with the occasional person who's still way too in to partying.
    Most of my friends are actually like 10 years older than me, though, so that skewers things just a bit. :tongue:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @doxiemoxie212 I don't know how clear I can make it that I don't want to see anyone's band play. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!