April 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments - Week of 8/14

Who has an appointment this week? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Appointments - Week of 8/14

• I've got my first appointment on 8/17 which is also DD's birthday. DH has more flexibility so he will come or take DD somewhere for my appointment to wait. This is the confirmation appointment and I'll be between 6-7 weeks with a new OB this time. At this appointment the receptionist said they'd do the blood test, check me, etc. I'll also get a script for my first u/s, which I'm hoping I can schedule either the next day or Monday 8/22. 

Question on for those with appointments: this is my first appointment at a new OBs office. Are there any pertinent questions you'd ask? I feel like a newbie at this, but had seen the same OB my whole pregnancy with DD. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kmalls - GL! I'll be thinking about you and anxiously awaiting your update!

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @tooraloorah the only things I can think of might be if you have specific preferences on certain types of testing to be performed or specific questions about your birth plan if there are things you do or do not want 
  • I have my first on the 17th too. It will be my first with this OB since we have moved since my 1st. I am a little nervous since I didn't ask what all they will be doing at this appointment. I will be 6w1d
  • @kmalls hope everything goes well at your ultra sound! 

I had mine today also. I'm measuring a week and a half behind so we only saw the gestational sac. 
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited August 2017
    I had a very early appointment with my endocrinologist today at 4 weeks 2 days because I'm going to be monitored extra closely by her this pregnancy. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is not normally cause for alarm just some additional monitoring, but I had a pretty severe case of postpartum thyroiditis after the birth of my DD 18 months ago where my thyroid swung wildly from hyper to hypo, and it took about a year to get my thyroid under control again, despite constant medication adjustments, so both my endocrinologist and I are a little worried my thyroid will be trickier to control this pregnancy. Fingers crossed that all goes well, but I'll basically be seeing her every four weeks the entire time I'm pregnant. Trying to be grateful for the monitoring instead of anxious!
  • I have an US this afternoon due to some spotting/bleeding that happened this morning.
    @kmalls FX everything looks great for you!
  • klburke88klburke88 member
    edited August 2017
    Had my 3rd beta draw this morning, went from 281 on Friday to 1,249! Everything is looking good so far. Another blood draw Thursday. 

@ChloandCoco FX for you, hopefully it's nothing. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married 5/3/14, TTC ever since

DX: Lean PCOS, Clomid resistant

Femara 7.5 + Ovidrel = BFP! Due 4/15/18

• @ChloandCoco - Hope everything is okay!  I'll be sending good thoughts your way!!
  • @ChloandCoco have you been seen yet? Thinking of you
  • @kmalls Not yet, my appointment is at 2:45pm MST. I'm so glad your US went well!
  • @ChloandCoco Thinking of you! Hope everything goes well.

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• TW- I'm a little late posting this, but I had heavy gushing blood last Thursday night. I went in for an ultrasound Friday and the baby measured 5.5weeks but no heartbeat yet. They are going to scan me again this Friday to see if the baby is still growing, but the doctor was not optimistic. Just hoping for the best. Bleeding has eased off since them with just a little brown discharge now. 
    Me: 27 DH: 29
    Baby #1 - DD 8/29/16
    Baby #2 - EDD 4/6/18

• Just got back from my US, and the tech couldn't find anything in my uterus. She kept saying it was too early to see anything so she couldn't confirm the pregnancy or if I am about to miscarry. 
  • @ChloandCoco that is so hard to deal with, when are you going back for blood work?
  • @luna8433 I'll find out tomorrow if they want me to do bloodwork or not. 
  • @ChloandCoco and @sdavis2189,  Hugs and  FAX for the both of you. 

I go for an ultrasound on Thursday since I took clomid, the main reason is to determine if I am carrying multiples.  Which with my quadrupled betas, we shall see.  Originally they told me my betas tripled, but I saw on the portal they were saying my first draw was higher than it was, so they actually quadrupled.
  • @ChloandCoco FX that it's nothing and you get bloodwork. I'm annoyed for you that they didn't test with your history. Sending you calming vibes and hoping you get good news <3 
  • @ChloandCoco ugh I'm sorry, that type of limbo is awful. Hopefully they'll do bloodwork soon and can get a better picture of what's going on. 
  • @looeeze Thanks, it's just a weird spot to be in.
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited August 2017
    @ChloandCoco  Oh gosh, big hugs to you and I hope they have you come back to do bloodwork and everything is fine.  So sorry you're in limbo.
  • @ChloandCoco I'm so sorry that you didn't get any answers... not knowing is the worst. Thinking of you.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @ChloandCoco Creepy internet hugs, limbo is awful. Hope you get some answers soon. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @ChloandCoco I'm really sorry you are stuck in that situation. Hopefully the tech is right and it's too early. Thinking of you 
  • I am so sorry @ChloandCoco I hope you get some good news soon!
  • @ChloandCoco fx for good second betas! 
  • I have another ultrasound this Friday to make sure the baby is growing fine, and to get an official due date since I was pretty early last time and he couldn't get a super accurate measurement. 
  • @ChloandCoco Fingers crossed! I'll be thinking of you!
  • @ChloandCoco FX on second betas! 

I'm getting blood drawn tomorrow to check my levels compared to Monday. Hoping for good news since I have started spotting slightly and I'll be out of town when I hear results. 
  • @kimmerann3 FX for your second beta! 
  • @looeeze I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! And thanks for telling me your beta was close to mine. 
  • Fingers crossed for everyone's betas this week FX
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @looeeze the same happened at my ultrasound.
    However I thought I was 7 weeks (maybe a few days earlier) but I was measuring at least a week earlier and only a sac was seen. Hoping for the best but a constant worry is in my heart now. Trying to focus on the positives. 
  • @kimmerann3 was that your first ultrasound? 
  • Good luck @looeeze I hope wet both see strong healthy heartbeats today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ looeeze yes. That was my first scan on Monday. My next will be next Thursday.