March 2018 Moms

Saturday / Sunday Ticker Change: 8/12, 8/13

If your due date is 3/3, 3/4, 3/10, 3/11, 3/17, 3/18, 3/24, 3/25 or 3/31 - your "ticker" changes this weekend! Join us.

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments this coming week? 

4. Rants, raves, questions? 

5. GTKY: (There is a lot of crazy stuff going on in the country / world right now.) Soo, if you could travel in time and to any location, where would you go and / or who would you want to meet??
Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
TTC since Jan 2017
BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Saturday / Sunday Ticker Change: 8/12, 8/13

• ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
    edited August 2017
    11 weeks. Baby is the size of a lime.. or according to Ovia, a hummingbird or a brussel sprouts.  

2. How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good, actually. Nausea has died way down, except when I get hungry. Other than that, tired and I have a stupid runny nose like I did when I was pg with my first.

Not for almost 2 weeks. I'm so anxious to hear LO's heartbeat. 

Does anyone use a doppler at home that they can recommend? I'd like to use one for piece of mind, just not sure if any are better than others.

5. GTKY: (There is a lot of crazy stuff going on in the country / world right now.) Soo, if you could travel in time and to any location, where would you go and / or who would you want to meet??
    This probably makes me weird but I don't really have any famous people from the past or whatever that I'd be dying to meet. I'd rather go back to my childhood when my grandparents were around and have more time with them.   Or... I guess I'd go to Nepal (present day) and meet the Dalai Lama. I've heard him speak, but it'd be interesting to actually meet and have a conversation with him. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 
    Just made it to week 8! 

2. How are you feeling? 
    Having random bouts of nausea, mostly in the afternoons. and I'm just exhausted. Like I go upstairs and I want to lay down. haha  
    No. Next appt is Aug 23. 

It's really hard not telling anyone, especially my mom. But with two losses behind us DH and I decided to wait until after appt next week. 
    I should probably go back in time and smack myself upside the head! jk

But really, I would like to go back to the space race and an era when people were excited about the future and about scientific advancement in general. We seem to be lacking leaders who are forward thinking, who have grand ideas for the future of humanity. Regardless of the actual politics, "Make America great again," makes me sad. Like we aren't great now and have no hope of a great future, we just have to go backwards. IDK, I guess I'm conflicting myself since this paragraph started by saying I'd go back. haha!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hi @ashleyf911, no don't plan to use a Doppler so can't make any recs. Sorry! And ditto re: spending more time with grandparents.

@fatstagnation, are you due 3/24 or 3/25?? Sometimes revisiting the past is moving forward.

8+1; baby is the size of a 2×2 Lego square. Yay!

2. How are you feeling? Welp, I generally feel like crap. Super exhausted but food and I haven't been getting along and I've lost 6 lbs. Tryna gain it back. Popping Diclegis to help me along. It's a real struggle right now.

3. Any appointments this coming week? Nope!

4. Rants, raves, questions? Just gonna rant about how food does not generally love me right now and that makes me sad. Also ranting about the fact that some of the ungrateful teenagers in my house could not care any less that I'm pregnant and have barely lifted a finger to help me. (They are my sibs who have been in my care for a couple of years now.)

5. GTKY: (There is a lot of crazy stuff going on in the country / world right now.) Soo, if you could travel in time and to any location, where would you go and / or who would you want to meet?? In addition to wanting to hang with my Granny, I'd go right on back to the civil rights era to get some encouraging words and to breathe in some of the strength they had while trying to move through a troubled, hate-filled world.
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
    8 weeks, the size of a raspberry 
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Nauseated and I ache all over 
    No

I would probably go back to when my grandpa was alive. He died in 1987 when I was almost 4.
  • Amen about the first trimester, @mountain_girl!!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker

8+1 - raspberry

2. How are you feeling? 
    Exhausted!! 

Not til next Monday

I'm kinda annoyed about my dating US and first OB appt being next Monday. I was expecting it to be today, but when they told me Aug 21 I didn't say anything. Maybe my OB is on vacay - I don't know. I'm just over here lurking on the US thread oohing and ahing over everyone's pics, impatiently waiting for my appt.

I'm not super into history so this one is hard for me. Does Salem from Days of our Lives count?! 
    I'm 10 weeeks (on Saturday) and the size of a strawberry... I think, I don't remember what I just read
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Tired and apparently have pregnancy brain already. I also have morning sickness which as I said before didn't have the first time and I can't wait for it to go away.
    Today! It's my first appointment with the OB.
    I am undecided on doing NIPT. I didn't do it with my first and I don't think it will be covered by insurance for me but I was going to talk to my OB about it today.
    I would go back to when my grandfathers were still here. They were both great men and my children will never have the opportunity to meet them.
  • ishmoney  my ticker change is on Sunday, so I guess the 25th. But when I had an early utrasound it measured younger, with a due date of march 31, so....? haha 

@mountain_girl my thoughts exactly. We went to the movies with a group last night, and I was really uncomfortable around the time we left - just felt a lot of pressure, had to pee every 15 min, kinda nauseous. So we get there and of course for social reasons I wound up in the middle of the row, unable to say "I'm pregnant, cant I have the end seat?" So stupid! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @katester91, hope your appointment went well!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ishmoney it went very good. Thank you for asking. We got a surprise mini ultrasound because the baby is still tucked in there and she couldn't find the heart beat but everything was good on ultrasound and baby's heart beat was around 180. It's such a relief when you get through that first appointment.
  • @katester91, that's great news!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker