Parenting

If you're Latina, what Christmas morning traditions do you do with your kiddos?

This is a very unseasonal topic but I was having a discussion with my boss a few days ago about Christmas morning traditions (we're both Latina). She has her kids open gifts at midnight, but in the morning, a ton of people stop by her house and they eat a ton of leftovers together. She said she wants her to kids to have the experience of having family around often. My Christmas mornings were very quiet though when I was growing up and I think I'll keep that going when I have kids (However! Christmas Eve was ALWAYS a spectacle with lots of family). Anyway, I was curious to hear what other Latina moms do Christmas morning?

Re: If you're Latina, what Christmas morning traditions do you do with your kiddos?

• Well, I'm not Latina, but we always had an immediate family Christmas Eve and open one present. Christmas morning we opened all the other presents and had breakfast before going to visit extended family. Now our extended family is so big that we usually celebrate with them on a non-Christmas day. Usually the Saturday following.
    Meg
    ME: 30  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife
    TTGP Dec Siggy: Favorite Christmas Movie           BotB Dec Siggy: Ghosts of Christmas Toys Past