Thoughts on Alana? — The Bump
Baby Names

Thoughts on Alana?

What do you all think of Alana? So you think it goes well with Natalie? 
My only worry is people will pronounce it differently. I like it sounding Uh-LAN-a. Do you think people will pronounce uh-lay-na. Thoughts? 

Re: Thoughts on Alana?

• It's goes fine with Natalie and I don't think it will have significant pronounciation issues.
  • I'd be surprised if people mispronounced it.  I liked the name and almost had it on my list until someone told me it was honey boo boo's name and then I couldn't shake that thought. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I like it and I think it goes great with Natalie. I think it's pretty easy to pronounce correctly. 
  • I would pronounce it the way you want. Alaina/Elena would be the alternative, so I don't think that will be a big issue. I think it goes well with Natalie
  • It was on my list!  Love it!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• I think it is a beautiful name. I have a friend who's name is Alana, she complains quite often about people mispronouncing it. However, she still loves her name :) 
    photo a436e47a-1fc7-4b2c-aee9-dc94f8169c1f_zpsbbb152f9.jpg photo 301d07a6-bea2-41ae-8e5b-30e66a49659d_zps6d6599b3.jpg photo 80f355e8-ba3f-48d5-aeb4-f6f4c1c72f6e_zps8e4fac15.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like it and it goes great with Natalie
  • I like it but I do think it will lead to mispronouncing. Mainly because I know two and they deal with it. One is under 5 and one is my age so early thirties and both run into it 

• edited August 2017
    I have friends with a daughter named Alana, pronounced the way you want. I pronounced it correctly right away but my husband was inclined to call her uh-LAY-na. So you might have some pronunciation issues but I don't think it will be an all-the-time thing. It's pretty and goes well with Natalie. My friends call their daughter Lani for short.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's my name! People sometimes pronounce it A-lay-na but most people get the A-lah-na.  And I just correct em if they mispronounce it.  NBD.  :smile:

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• I would pronounce it "uh-law-nuh". Nice name! 
  • 4N6s4N6s
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I would pronounce it uh-lawn-uh 
    Uh-lay-NUh is Alaina to me. 

I think it's a fine name.