February 2018 Moms

Disneyland

we are going in oct for the first time. DD will be 2.5 and I'll be 22 weeks pregnant. 

Hit me up with your must see/do's ans any and all advice. The pregnant me is excited for all the food and nervous about all the waking. 
Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
EDD: Feb 5, 2018

Re: Disneyland

• I did Disney world with DS when I was 27wks. My advice is pretty simple... take a break anytime you can. Don't ever stand if you can sit. 

Bring TONS of snacks and drinks. I can't tell you how many times I had to pull it out in line. 

Takes mid day nap if you can- it'll be good for both you and your DD. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Starynightsky24 we plan on hitting up target when we get there for snacks. And I have naps built into our days, DD still naps 3 hours a day 

could you still do rides? Did you do character meals? We have mickeys surfs up and goofys booked 
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Loading the player...
  • Aeml1985 said:
    @Starynightsky24 we plan on hitting up target when we get there for snacks. And I have naps built into our days, DD still naps 3 hours a day 

could you still do rides? Did you do character meals? We have mickeys surfs up and goofys booked 
    I think gentle rides would be ok but no roller coasters for sure. Just watch the warnings. Some are jerky even if you dont think they should. Haunted Mansion should be ok because its a very smooth ride but Pirates would probably be out. (The end of the ride has a couple of big drops.) You just don't want the bar slamming into your stomach. There's plenty to do without the big rides.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• So jealous! For some reason ever since I've been pregnant, I've been thinking about Disney World and wanting to go.  Never had much interest before.  Sorry I don't have any tips.
  • Aeml1985 said:
    @Starynightsky24 we plan on hitting up target when we get there for snacks. And I have naps built into our days, DD still naps 3 hours a day 

You can ride anything your DD can ride! Disney is great about restrictions for babies and pregnancy. They will be a warning at the beginning of the line. Most rides (other than roller costers and obvious ones)  don't have any height restrictions. I can't recommend Disneyland stuff bc I've only been to Disney world. But I would def say character meals are a must! DS and DD LOVE them! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I took DS when he was 2.5. He slept through most of the fun stuff. DH and I had a great time though. They have nice cool down rooms for moms/kids. You can rent city mini strollers if you don't want to take your own. You have a lot of good advice already, I'll second or third the taking breaks, drink water, rest... just in general listen to your body. Have fun! 
  • Also if you bring your own and worried about it "walking away" you can bring a bicycle lock and lock the tires/axel. You just can't lock it to any Disney property. 

I also second the mommy/baby rooms; they are amazing.
  • @Acreativephipps we are bringing our uppababy, so the lock is a great idea. I'm sure DH will rig something up.