Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA Week of 8/7

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What is the one bad habit you wish you could break, but just have no motivation to change?

Me: 30 | DH: 31
Met: August 2006
Married: July 2012
TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C

Re: Benched/TTA Week of 8/7

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Partial Molar Pregnancy 

How long do you think you'll be here? Waiting to see my new doc on Monday to find out!

How have things been going? I've been super busy with moving this week so things are going fine! Hence not checking in until today! 

Any R/R/CS/Q? I've been making time to cook and also keeping my water intake up so that has me feeling better. Rant: Still have no idea wtf my body is doing, I think it is still trying to gear up to O. I had some spotting last week so I really thought AF was here. But when I say spotting it turned out to be like 3 drops of brown blood total so I guess it was just some breakthrough bleeding or something? 

GTKY: What is the one bad habit you wish you could break, but just have no motivation to change?

I can be "too spontaneous" to the point of not thinking things through. When I decide I want to do something I am not very patient about waiting for the right time and tend to dive right in. I have gotten better as I get older though. 
  • Options
    @rachelg777 Good luck with your move!

What brings you here? Neck/shoulder pain requiring drugs that don't mix well with ttc

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully just this cycle, depending on how quickly I recover.

How have things been going? Pretty good. I'm on vacation visiting family who have a terrible internet connection, hence not posting much over the last several days. Despite not being thrilled at being benched and dealing with the pain, taking this month off has actually relieved a bit of stress.

Any R/R/CS/Q? A bit of a rant - the pain meds, travel, pain, etc. have been wreaking havoc with my temps. My chart for this month is so funky! Here's hoping I can get back to a more typical pattern soon.

Hmmm... right now I'd say overeating/eating too much junky food. I know I should change these habits, but I don't seem motivated enough to actually do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rachelg777 Hi friend! GL with your move! Keep us posted on how your appt with the new doctor goes.  Hope you get released from the bench quickly!

@darkstar42 Friend! Been missing you in the dailies.  Have you seen improvement in your neck/back? Are you still on pain meds?  Enjoy your visit with family.
  • Options
    petethecatpetethecat member
    edited August 2017
    rachelg777 I hope that the appointment goes well on Monday and that you get some good info about moving forward. <3

@darkstar42 Sorry that you find yourself benched! Forgive me for asking if you have already said somewhere, (I've been missing a lot around here lately) but is your pain the result of an accident or condition? What happened? I'm so sorry that you've been dealing with pain and that you are having to take heavy meds for it. 

What brings you here? Torn meniscus in my left knee. Waiting for surgery this month. Whomp.

How long do you think you'll be here? At least a month, maybe longer. If they can repair the tear, recovery is 6-8 weeks with PT. If they can't repair the tear and have to just remove the torn tissue, recovery is 1-2 weeks with no PT. Though the repair has a longer recovery, and will be more of a pain as far as restrictions go, I'm hoping for that because it would maintain the integrity of the joint cushioning. The issue will be if the tear is in a place of good blood supply or not, which the dr won't know until he gets in there. A lot is uncertain right now. 

How have things been going? I'm stressed! I'm a detail oriented planner, so not knowing so many things is tough and worrisome right now. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What is the one bad habit you wish you could break, but just have no motivation to change? I know that I don't take enough time out to do things or care for myself without guilt. Things are so busy right now though, it's hard to make it a priority.

edit because I can't seem to get that first tag to work @rachelg777
  • Options
    @darkstar42 I hope your pain is better and all the pain meds can be weaned soon! And bummer about the rocky temps! I'm glad you are able to have a bit of a breather from the stress this month though. Also, I'm with you in the junk food camp. Yeah I have no motivation to change that. Junk food for life. 

@dukestar5 Thank you! I will! Fx for you this month!!

@kbamomma33 I'm sorry about your knee, but I hope for the most optimal situation for recovery and the future for you. I hope you can take some time for self-care this month, but I know that's easier said than done. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    @kbamomma33. When is your surgery scheduled for???

@darkstar42. So glad you're enjoying the relief and less stress an imposed TTC break can give! I am trying to enjoy the calm before the storm, too...

@rachelg777 I have heard you can also get a little spotting with ovulation, too sometimes.  Fx it all becomes more clear soon!
  • Options
    @dukestar5 I've been missing the dailies a lot! I'm lurking, but with slow internet it's hard to comment. I'm seeing improvement most days, but then yesterday was pretty bad. Overall I think it's moving in the right direction. I'll be seeing my doctor when I get back, as well as an acupuncturist. A friend recommended an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility issues, but can treat pain as well, so I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone! I met with her once before leaving town, and am so far quite impressed.

@kbamomma33 I was wondering what the diagnosis had been with your knee! I'm sorry to hear it's so serious, and I'm right there with you with the frustration over not knowing what the future holds and how to plan for it. Do you have a sense when they'll figure out whether or not they can repair the tear? I did not have a specific injury to my neck/shoulders, so I'm not sure what's going on! I had soreness/stiffness for a week or so, which then exploded into intense muscle spasms that sent me to the ER. I'm trying to keep the meds to a minimum, but they've got me on ibuprofen, valium, and oxycodone. I'm taking as few of the latter two as I can.

@rachelg777 and @businesswife Thanks for the good wishes! I was initially really upset at being benched this month, so I was surprised to find that it was also somewhat of a relief. Normally one of the upsides would be drinking though, which I still have to avoid because of the meds! Oh well.

@BusinessWife Sounds like a lot of stress dealing with insurance! I hope everything gets sorted out and you have a good support system to help you deal with all the emotions that come up around this. *hugs*
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Does that mean you will be full time at the bank? It sounds like all the logistics are in order! Fx for no hiccups and positive vibes all around! 
  • Options
    I hope I'm ok to post here! I just did my intro post a few days ago. *TW* - loss mentioned

What brings you here? I just had a D&C after a mc last week, so I'm currently benched until after I get a normal AF. 

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully AF will return in a couple of weeks, and then I'll be bwck to trying. Who knows though how long it will take to get my body back to normal. 

How have things been going?  It's been a bit rough since my loss, and I feel like I'm in limbo until we can start trying, so I just want to be there already. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? I don't know when to start temping again, whether I should wait until after AF or start now. 

GTKY: What is the one bad habit you wish you could break, but just have no motivation to change?  I have a bad habit of picking at my cuticles, and my husband always tries to get me to stop. I tend to do it when I'm not even thinking about it, like when we're watching tv or something. 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I'm so excited that so much is happening for you right now. It's been a long road for you, and now it's all happening! I don't blame you for being "in a glass case of emotion!" Hugs friend.
    My surgery isn't scheduled yet because I have to get medical clearance from a pcp first. The soonest that the pcp could get me in is 8/18. I have to have the surgery before 9/3 because all of the pre-op stuff (chest X-ray, ekg, labs) will expire if I don't, and then I would have to re-do them all. So, sometime between 8/18- 9/3. Someone is supposed to call me to schedule, but I don't think they will until after the pcp visit. I feel like that's a tight timeline, but the orthopedic surgeon seemed chill and like that's how they do things all the time. So yeah, I don't know the exact date yet and I'm stressing because I just want to know all the things! I know that you more than understand my feels! 

@darkstar42 They won't know if they can repair the tear or not until I'm under and they get in there. Not ideal! :# Ugh- the trouble with your neck/shoulders sounds horrible. I'm so sorry! I hope that, whatever it is, you'll get some relief soon! 

@pumpkinpancake Of course it is ok for you to post here! Welcome. Though, I'm so sorry that you find yourself here because of a loss. I also went through a loss in April and understand how rough it is, both physically and mentally. As far as temping, I decided not to temp until after I got the first AF after my loss. I felt like starting fresh with a new cycle was the best thing for me personally. You are going through a lot right now, and it may be nice to take a temping break and just focus on caring for yourself and mentally processing everything, you know? Plus, that will probably give your temps a chance to level themselves out a little bit. It's absolutely your preference though. Some ladies like to try and catch that first O after loss, which sometimes comes before AF. I did not try and do that, as my OB advised me to wait. I'm glad that I did because I just think that temping would have been too much at that point. Ok- sorry for the ramble! Again, I'm so sorry for your loss and my heart really goes out to you. I'm here if you ever need to talk. The ladies on the TTCAL thread are great too. *Hugs*
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I'm so sorry for your loss. So many hugs to you. I had a D&C mid June- I started temping afterward just because I think it was something "in my power" to do... if that makes sense. Do whatever you think is best for you emotionally right now, there is no right or wrong. Also, to second @kbamomma33 the TTCAL thread is helpful too (I don't think it was started last week) but Monday there will be a new one. 
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 @rachelg777 Thanks to you both for the welcome!  I go back and forth between wanting to start temping now or waiting until after AF.  Part of me wants to start now so that I can hopefully start to see what's going on, but a part of me knows that I probably shouldn't until after AF because we're not supposed to start trying right away.  I'm optimistic though, that we could hopefully start again in the next few weeks.  *TW* I just had a one week post D&C follow up appt, and my HCG is down to 1300 from 67,000, so although its still not at zero yet, it's getting there!  
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake that makes sense! And yay for the hcg! Although it's definitely a bittersweet process with that. Are you going weekly?
  • Options
    @rachelg777 after the results from my blood work this week, my ob said I don't need to have any more follow ups, because between the huge drop in HCG and the ultrasound they did this week, they are convinced they didn't leave anything behind. I'm using cheap hpt to see when they are negative now. After TTC for months, it's so weird now to POAS and hope for it to be negative :confused:
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I gotcha. That's nice that they did an ultrasound. It is for sure a weird feeling, I hope it goes down quickly for you!
  • Options
    @rachelg777  almost full time!  So they are keeping me 20 hours at my home branch, and then giving me extra hours (up to 20) at another branch that's actually closer to home!  She did the schedule so far for the next two weeks and it looks like avg 30ish.  So thats actually a great way to ease I to it... Fx they just have me on a short day at my home branch when I have to call in sick for ER, or who knows maybe even off!?? But not likely....

@pumpkinpancake  Welcome!  So very sorry for your loss.  I would imagine that's got to be a real mind-trip. :/   So long all I ever wanted to see was ANYTHING other than a SWN... how strange to have that be the thing you hope to see... ❤  hang in there.  Looking forward to when you finally get your closure.
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I think that's perfect amount of hours! A short day for your ER would be nice but oh well if not.
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake the process of watching hcg go to 0 or having to poas and watch that line get lighter and lighter is terribly heartbreaking. I hope that everything happens quickly for you. So many hugs to you during this time. <3