April 2018 Moms
Options

Game of Thrones Discussion: Ep 4

Let's hear what you thought! 

On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate this episode and why?

What was your favorite part/why?

What was your least favorite part/why?

Who won the week?

Who lost the week?

Any predictions/theories for what's ahead?

Re: Game of Thrones Discussion: Ep 4

• Options
    On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate this episode and why? This was an 8 for me, especially if I compare it to the rest of the season, which has been my least favorite so far.

What was your favorite part/why? Toss-up between Arya/Sansa's reunion and Dany/Drogon destroying the Lannisters. I was bawling when Arya and Sansa were talking in the crypts. Talk about things that make your pregnant self cry! And even though I love Bronn, I don't want any dragons to die so I was rooting for Drogon to take him out. Sorry Bronn.

What was your least favorite part/why? I thought Cersei's walking on the map with the Iron Bank dude was redundant from last week and didn't really add anything to the story. 

Who won the week? Dany

Who lost the week? Jaime 

Any predictions/theories for what's ahead? OMG is Jaime dead though?! That armor is hella heavy. And who saved him, was that Bronn? 
  • Options
    @looeeze I think it was Bronn who saved him and as my husband pointed out, Jaime can't be dead. If they were going to kill him off, they'd have let him die by fire which would have been cooler than him drowning. lol

On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate this episode and why? I give it a 7, I think. It was cool to see the different scenes with dragons/fire, and to finally have some meetings/reunions, but I don't feel like a lot happened in general.

What was your favorite part/why? The fight between Arya and Brienne. I love that Arya's such a little bad ass.

What was your least favorite part/why? Hmm. Probably Cersie and the Map. I mean it doesn't add anything really to the story line (like looeeze said).

Who won the week? Daenerys

Who lost the week? Jaime/Theon (poor Theon lol)

Any predictions/theories for what's ahead? Not really. I'm waiting for a Jon/Arya reunion! Oooh. And Jon discovering his true parentage!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    allen4tlallen4tl member
    edited August 2017

On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate this episode and why? I'd say an 8 also. This season feels slow to me and there is so much to do! 

Arya returning to Winterfell, Jon telling Dany to be better, and then her showing up and burning all the Lannister shit! 

I hate seeing horses get hurt during battle scenes- I know it's not real but still. 

Who won the week? Dany

Who lost the week? Jamie

Any predictions/theories for what's ahead

I think next week Jon will face a dragon and be able to touch it.  I don't think Jamie is dead yet. I'm counting on him to kill Cersei at some point when she pushes too far. I think it was "Dickon" (not sure if that's the right name) but the young soldier who saved him from the Dothraki that saved him. Or Tyrion will. 

ok, so has anyone heard the theory of Ned Stark still being alive?  This is from my husband..

Now... time for wild theory that I believe (not entirely thought up on my own).... Ned stark is alive! Think of the faceless men and how they attracted arya. They were captured and she "freed" Jaqen H'ghar who went on to train her. He was a prisoner the same time in the cells of kings landing as Ned and I believe they took Ned, replaced him as a "faceless man" and led arya as a pawn in some deep strategy. Jaqen H'ghar is a trained assassin who can be basically anyone. Isn't it a bit odd he was traveling as a prisoner after being near Ned JUST before he "died" and then he met arya?

Conspiracy theory for sure... but I like it.
  • Options
    probably an 8 the battle was awesome 

the battle watching Dany come in with her dragons and just destroy them was awesome. 

agree with everyone else about Cersie and the map

Who won the week?
    Dany for sure

Who lost the week?
    Jamie 

I don't think Jamie is dead like @allen4tl I think he will kill Cersie because he seems like he doesn't really agree with her anymore. 

Also I just wanted to add I was sad that Jon didn't punch Theon Greyjoy when he saw him I like what we said was great but come on the guy still needed to be punched in the face.  Me and DH call Theon Doofus because he is so stupid. LOL.  Also Bran seems kind of jerky and pompous since he came back to Winterfell. Like the theory about Ned @allen4tl I could believe that. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I binge watched the first six seasons this summer and got hooked! So watching season 7 one episode at a time is killing me! I give it an 8 because Dany kicked ass with her dragon! I can't wait for Jon Snow to find out who he really is and am wondering how that will affect the iron throne. I love the theory of Ned Stark!! @allen4tl
  • Options
    looeezelooeeze member
    edited August 2017
    @buttercup0525 I'm terrified that Arya and Jon will never see each other! After Sansa said "Jon is gonna freak out" I was like noooo that means it's never gonna happen!!

@allen4tl Tell me more about this theory, I'm so intrigued. So you think Jacquen is actually Ned? Who got their head cut off, then? ETA: Also this season doesnt feel slow to me at all, it feels like it's moving sooooooo fast!

@Dumbgurl04 LOL I know I'm so annoyed at Theon. I have to constantly remind myself that he's a severe trauma victim and is constantly triggered. ETA: Also, Bran isn't Bran anymore. I was annoyed by his jerkiness last week but I think his convo with Meera explained it pretty well. 

• Options
    On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate this episode and why? I agree with 8. It took forever to get to the action, but once there was some it was great!

What was your favorite part/why? I loved the battle at the end. It was interesting to sort of be on both sides. I didn't want anything to happen to Bronn but I didn't want them to hurt Drogon.

What was your least favorite part/why? All the parts with Bran. I just do not like his character at all. Also when they chopped up Bronn's horse's leg. I know no animals are harmed but still!

Who won the week? Dany

Who lost the week? Jaime. @looeeze @buttercup0525 I agree, I'm pretty sure that was Bronn saving him!
    Did Dickon make it out of that battle? I like that actor - pretty sure it's the guy from Black Sails? 

Any predictions/theories for what's ahead? I want Jon to realize who his parents are and hop on a dragon.
    @allen4tl I'm also banking on Jaime taking out Cersei.
    I'm wondering if Tyrion is going to betray Dany to save Jaime.
    Also, please, someone just take out Littlefinger. I'm hoping Arya will stab him with his dagger.
  • Options
    @looeeze Not sure who died. Could have been anyone who felt it served "the many faced god."
    Ned would have had to escape with Jaquen help or as Jaquen. He could have been one of the other two bandits arya freed from the cell.

Again, this isn't my theory but I'd love it to be true! I also noticed that at the beginning of one episode this season it showed the scene with Ned talking to Jon telling him that when he saw him again he promised to talk to him about his mother! So maybe we will see him again, who knows!! 

Also, slow isn't the right word, you are right. I think I just feel like there is still SO much that needs to happen and so few episodes left that after every episode I think " I needed more!"
  • Options
    On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate this episode and why? 8 because I loves thw action at the end!

Dany with the dragons for sure! 

In a way I didn't like when Jon and Dany were in the cave because I have a feeling they are going to hookup at some point and although I love their characters individually I don't like the idea of them together. 

Who won the week?
    Dany

Who lost the week?
    Jaime 

As I just mentioned I think Jon and Dany will hookup eventually. 

Question- I think I missed the map thing? Doesn't seem like it wa that relavant but can someone explain?
  • Options
    @allen4tl I would love it to be true also! Though I thought a faceless man could only use the faces, not put them on randos. And the faces they used had to be from dead people. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 Yeah I'm not digging Jon/Dany hooking up, even if they don't know they're related yet. 
  • Options
    8, the first half started slow, but second half was great.
    Dany and her dragons, and I bawled at Sansa/arya together.
    Umm, probably Cersei.  Like others said, nothing much happened 
    Who won the week?
    Dany
    Who lost the week?
    The Lannisters
    So, I am starting to wonder if Jaime could be the prince that was promised.  He is being reborn as a better person, hopefully he will kill Cersei, therefore killing the one he loves.  He is most likely a Targaryen.

@looeeze, from the book description when Arya first changes her face, I would say you can change a face from a living person.

Also, I think Bronn saved Jaime.  
  • Options
    @holly321 What I mean is, was Ned Stark was whisked away secretly, and some poor schmuck was using Ned's face while Ned was still alive? I don't think you can rip the face off two live people and have them switch.

Also the more I think about it, I can't get into that conspiracy theory. Ned was too concerned with where Arya was (remember, he whispered "baelor" to the night's watch guy, asking him to look at the statue where Arya was) for him to have been a nobody. 

But everyone keep the conspiracy theories coming! I love them. I read one today that said Missandei is a spy for Cersei, WHAT!
  • Options
    @looeeze, I don't think Ned switched faces either, I just think it is possible for a live person to have their face used.
  • Options
    Wait, @JJMNO1616, I thought Jon was Ned's nephew (Robert Baratheon and Ned's sister's baby). Please fill me in!!
  • Options
    sadieb13 said:
    Wait, @JJMNO1616, I thought Jon was Ned's nephew (Robert Baratheon and Ned's sister's baby). Please fill me in!!
    No, your right but I still think there will be some weird stuff going down. lol 
  • Options
    allen4tlallen4tl member
    edited August 2017
    @sadieb13 no Raeghar Targaryan is Jons father. He is Neds sisters son so Neds nephew still.
  • Options
    allen4tl said:
    @sadieb13 no Raeghar Targaryan is Jons father. He is Neds sisters son so Neds nephew still.
    Oh Duh! I kind of forgot who Robert Baratheom was for a second... got them mixed up 
  • Options
    @allen4tl ohhh man. Now I remember. She was attacked by him, right? And Robert and Ned found out. Man...I completely forgot that part  :o
  • Options
    Ha! @looeeze Creepy Bran. But seriously, what's his deal?
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @sapphires-and-diamonds I think he just had to download the entire past, present, and future so quickly that it jarred him. The former three-eyed raven got a much longer time to take that stuff in and process it better. Bran's been overwhelmed. I mean, he knows what the fate of the world actually is. I think it'd be hard to fake like everything normal after having to go through something like that so quickly. 

Doesn't make him less creepy though  ;) 
  • Options
    @looeeze. Ahh... I didn't know or remember that Lyanna and Rhaegar were in love. I thought Robert and Lyanna were in love. Must've been a one way street for Robert, huh?
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited August 2017
    Hi all!  Just into'd today, but so happy there's a GoT thread!  I'm a huge nerd who has read all of the books, but I love the show too!  (Except I think a couple of the characters are better in the books, but otherwise it's a perfect TV version of the books and much better paced than the later books by FAR.)

@sapphires-and-diamonds and @looeeze - I've been calling him Emo Bran and he drives me crazy.  I logically get why he is the way he is right now, but his acting is bugging me.

Anywhoo, hope no one minds if I answer these questions like 2 days before the next episode, lol.

7!  I loved the dragon battle but I feel like everything else was just okay.  I feel like this season is still finding its groove.

DRAGON BATTLE.  Obvs.  Holy cow did that look amazing.  A+ to the special effects team!  And glad to see Dany taking some action.

Anything with Jon and Dany. They're both very pretty but they have like, anti chemistry.  I do not buy the attraction at ALL.  (Which is unfortunate because it seems to be a story point.)

Who won the week?
    Dany.  Though we'll see how seriously the dragon was injured.  (Hopefully not very!  @looeeze I'm with you in that I don't want any dragons to be killed!  This show already broke my heart with direwolves, the dragons are gonna live, damn it.)

Who lost the week?
    Jamie.

The one big prediction I've had for a while is that Jamie and Cersei are going to die together in some sort of a murder suicide.  And not a prediction, really, but I think Sana and Tyrion would rule really well together now. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce I'd also love Sansa and Tyrion to reunite. 
  • Options
    Even though Sansa has been through a lot, I still don't think she would fully appreciate how well Tyrion treated her considering the circumstances.  She would probably still turn her nose up at him due to his family name.  I think out of all the Stark clan, she has evolved the least.
  • Options
    @Crystal321 I'm so curious to see what they do with Sansa, because for a while I thought she was definitely maturing and a dark horse for serous leadership position by the end of the series, but this last week she did seem younger and less mature, clearly jealous of Arya's skills, etc. So, I'm curious to see if it's a bump in the road to maturity or a full backslide.
  • Options
    @maureenmce did you catch how Sansa has adopted Cercei's old hairstyle?
  • Options
    @Crystal321 Oh I hadn't noticed that! I wonder if it's foreshadowing or just a popular Westerosi hairstyle? Hmm!
  • Options
    You guys! I can not wait til tomorrow's episode! A family member who is a fanatic said he downloaded episode 6 and it blew him away!! Anybody have any spoilers or guesses they wanna post here?? I'm dying!
  • Options
    @sadieb13 i totally watched the leaked episode already. I wont give anything away but I will say that it made me say WTF in both an annoyed and an awed way.
  • Options
    @looeeze ohhhh man! Where do I find it?!? I need to know!!
  • Options
    @sadieb13 My brother DL'd it for me so I'm not sure. Deadspin has a full breakdown of what happens though.