Baby Names

Sibling names

I am brainstorming names right now, not sure if it'll be a boy or a girl. My son's name is Samuel Ryan (Sam). 
For a boy I like Lucas Tyler (Luke). The girl's name is more difficult. I love the name Lorraina Sloane, I just don't know if I'm thrilled with the way it goes with Sam. 
What do you guys think? 

Re: Sibling names

• I think Samuel and Lorraina sound fine together. Lo could be a one syllable nn for Lorraina (don't know how you feel about that one), so that you'd have Sam and Lo.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know a Lorraine who goes by Raina, could that be an option?  I think your name goes well with Sam.  Also, im not too into "names going together" if they are good names (which I think they are), and you like it, go for it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's fine. Go for it if you love it. I also second not putting too much stress on names going together. It's important your baby gets the name you adore and love, and not the one that sounds and looks best next to his/her big brothers name on a holiday card. 
  • I think they work great.  Both solid classy names yet not matchy

• I like it. And Lorraina has tons of NN.
  • I prefer the spelling Lorena, but either way it's spelled, I think it goes nicely with Sam.
  • I really like Lorraina and think it sounds fine with Samuel.
  • MrsCFB said:
    I prefer the spelling Lorena, but either way it's spelled, I think it goes nicely with Sam.
    Agree^^

Other options are Laura, Lauren, Laurel which might "go better" with Sam because they are shorter but I wouldn't worry much about the names as a pair.
  • Thank you guys. I didn't know Lorraina was spelled Lorena. I really like Lorraine, but I feel like the "a" sound at the end is even prettier which is why I spelled it Lorraina. I would have pronounced Lorena with a short e sound instead of the long a. I love the nickname Raina and I do think Sam and Raina works. As does Samuel and Lorena/Lorraina. 
  • amangels2 said:
    Thank you guys. I didn't know Lorraina was spelled Lorena. I really like Lorraine, but I feel like the "a" sound at the end is even prettier which is why I spelled it Lorraina. I would have pronounced Lorena with a short e sound instead of the long a. I love the nickname Raina and I do think Sam and Raina works. As does Samuel and Lorena/Lorraina. 
    FWIW I really like Lorraine as well.
  • My great grandmother's name was Lorena. It was pronounced LorEEnuh. I could see why people would want to say Lorehnuh as well. If you want it pronounced like rain you probably should stick with Lorraina.
  • Lorraina looks made up to me. I have only seen it spelled as Lorena. I do like the name.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • If it's spelled Lorena, can you still do Raina as a nickname? Would you spell it Rena? That looks like R/eh/na to me. 
  • I like Lorraine, and I would not hesitate to use it.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade