February 2018 Moms
Options

By Popular Request....The Sexual Sex Thread

Let's talk about sex, baby..

Re: By Popular Request....The Sexual Sex Thread

• Options
    Ugh. I am ashamed to admit we have non DTD (is that what we're calling it?) since the day of our iui, 11 weeks ago. 
    I straight out asked DH the other day if he wanted to while DD was napping, he said "meh" and then I promptly fell asleep on the couch. 
    Sometimes I worry about my marriage in terms of our sex life; I could never have sex again and be ok 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    What's sex? Lol. I used to have a high sex drive before thyroid issues started. Between feeling queasy, tired, evening heartburn, headaches, etc., it's just not happening very often. My sex drive tends to perk up in the second trimester. We still flirt a bunch and are super affectionate and cuddly. 

I still get regular sex dreams. Gotta love those.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With ds1 I NEEDED it everyday. Even put my Hitachi magic wand to use multiple times a day. Now it's every other day. Eh. We're both so stressed and exhausted at the end of the day that we sometimes just pass out holding hands 
  • Options
    I usually love it, but since being preggo I get nauseous at the littlest movement so no go. DH is getting frustrated so I am gonna give it the good ole college try when he's back this weekend. The night before he left I had full intention of getting down, but spent the hour before bed puking and that kinda put a damper on the mood  :s
  • Options
    I get too nervous in the first trimester until I hear the heartbeat and stuff so we haven't done it since we found out we were expecting. I know that it can be common to have spotting after sex and if I had spotting before hearing the baby i would be nervous that the spotting was not from sex but from something else.

Now that we are past that point I guess I have to jump back on the wagon. I don't have the drive as much as DH (I could probably get by never doing it again) but I try to get into it more often simply because it's another way for us to connect.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    My poor husband is soooo neglected! Lol I'm usually asleep by 8 or 9 so we maybe get 2 or 3 times a week. I wake him up early on weekend mornings for a little something and that keeps him happy...and me happy. A girls got needs and sometimes hormones makes those needs priority. Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @Aeml1985  I'm right there with you.  We've been together 12 years and have come to terms with our low libidos.

And now being pregnant and nauseous on top of work and wrangling a toddler, it just seems like too much effort these days.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Options
    I could go for way more sex, but my dh broke his arm really bad and was in a ton of pain and now is super annoyed with his cast all the time,  and he stopped smoking a week ago or so (maybe a few days since his last cigerette) and that is also making him super cranky,  so needless to say he hasn't been in the mood.

I could take care of things myself,  but it's summer time and either we are all working like crazy,  or there are kids everywhere in my house. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I used to have a crazy sex drive. The IVF process slowed things down for us. Had sex for the first time since FET on Saturday. We're probably good for awhile now. How did this happen??
  • Options
    We have bleeding almost every time we DTD, no matter how gentle or deep we go (and we always lube up)... it makes frequency an issue as I always wait after bleeding to go again to make sure everything is calmed down. A friable(otherwise healthy) cervix is a real downer for this worry wart! (OB knows all of my symptoms... this happens every pregnancy.)
  • Options
    We didn't for the first couple weeks because I was asleep at 8:30 but now I'm 11 weeks and starting to stay up later and that leaves more time for "us."  Getting back into a once a week type thing now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rainafire77 your husband is neglected with 2-3 times per week?!?! Maaaaan, I need to up my game :neutral:!! 

*Stuck in box
    Right??! My husband would be jumping for joy to get it 2-3 times a week!
  • Options
    We DTD more towards the beginning and then my morning sickness hit me really hard. At that point we stopped having sex for over a month. Just got back into it recently and I've noticed I'm waaaaay more sensitive now. I think when hubby gets over this cold things will probably pick back up again.
  • Options
    Sex.....ugh
  • Options
    I'm salty that we went to a wedding this weekend and I didn't get the sex. 
  • Options
    Weekends are our prime sex time since hubby hasn't worked less than a 12 hour day for almost an entire month and we are both exhausted all week. 
    I'd be super salty about not getting some too. 
  • Options
    I feel you. DH went out drinking with his friends and he came home and passed out. Like where was my drunk sex? I thought I was at least getting that. lame. 
  • Options
    I was super scared to have sex at first because I was on pelvic rest until about week 7 due to a clot in my lining that was showing up on US. We have had sex a few times but I was just always tired and cranky. At almost 13 weeks on the dot I woke up one day and was like "oooooh boys" ( I think it had to do with a stripper scene on OITNB) but we still haven't had any with any kind of frequency. IVF/IF kinda took the wind out of our sails for awhile, hoping to get it back! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LydRussell said: 
    @rainafire77 your husband is neglected with 2-3 times per week?!?! Maaaaan, I need to up my game :neutral:!! 
    Full disclosure: we are newlyweds and have only been together for two years. Two to three times a week is a cut back for both of us!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 Ahhhhh! Those were the days :smile: