February 2018 Moms
Options

35 and over Moms- August

Hey Ladies!!!  Here's a new board to get going on August.  Tell us how you are doing and what things you want to check off your baby to-do list this month.

Re: 35 and over Moms- August

• Options
    I want to get through our next US on Thursday & make sure everything is going ok. I'm sure this month will be NIPT & NT Scan. Oh and we'll announce this month if everything is good. I'm starting to get a decent bump now at 10w so I don't think I'll be able to hide it much longer!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Can't believe it's August already! As of today, I'm 13w5d, so I'm hopefully entering the lazy river part of the pregnancy, as my doc called it haha. Good thing, too, since DH will be gone the entire month! 

On my Baby Related to do list: Find out baby's sex (just waiting, gave blood last week), announce to extended family/friends (immediate fam and closest friends already know), and tell work towards the end of the month during or after our big annual shindig, and research/find a daycare. I'm sure it'll be enough to keep me busy while DH is away!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the fetal assessment in about 2 weeks and am nervous, but very excited to see baby again. Am also pondering a pregnancy announcement for social media but I want to wait until after the fetal assessment is done (although immediate family and most close friends already know). And waiting for the happy 13 week mark in about 10 days!

• Options
    I am 13w1d - the nausea is still kicking my butt.  :(

This month I want to tour the baby room at my daughter's daycare and sign up (there is a semi-long waiting list for the baby room).  

• Options
    chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited August 2017
     @clc515 that is awesome.  I wish it was a lazy river.  That sounds relaxing.

@ldawngirl781 I am nervous every time we go to the doctor.   

@rainafire77 I have a pretty decent bump too.  People are starting to notice.

@yellow711 I had my Zofran refilled today so I feel your pain.

Nausea is off and on now instead of every day so I guess that's improvement.  Hit the 13w mark tomorrow so its instantly going to stop at midnight tonight right????  We did the NT scan and bloodwork for NIPT last week.  We find out if we are team pink or blue by 8/10.  Hope its sooner!!!!

I want to do tours of daycares this month and start shopping for baby furniture.  I think it will take us a while to decide on both plus the wait lists are crazy here.  My brother and SIL had to order their nursery furniture and it took 3 months to come in.
  • Options
    @chucksmom15 I think I'm still in line for the lazy river, haha. I do feel better for longer periods, but I still make pukey trips to the bathroom a couple times a week, sad face, lol. But it's getting better... 

Also, yay for bump! So while I'm sure I'm expanding cuz pants don't fit, a few friends have said they don't see a bump yet... That's probably cuz 1) I rock the flowy top/dress look lol, and 2) I'm already fluffy so it just looks like my normal gut lol. 
  • Options
    Overall I'm doing well. I'm 13w and other than the fatigue I'm feeling pretty good.  

Checked off one thing on my to-do list today. I talked to HR and figured out what I'm getting for my STD and time off. The leave policy here sucks so it's 6 weeks paid plus whatever PTO I have accrued. I can take up to 12 weeks with the rest unpaid. I'm seriously considering the SAHM route but haven't told anyone yet. 

DH is going to MILs this weekend to pick up some furniture that we can use in DS2s room now that the baby will be taking over his room. 

Told the boys about the baby. #1 is sort of meh about it but #2 is really excited.  This should be an interesting ride. 
  • Options
    @karcerplus3  6 weeks paid leave doesn't sound too bad. That's what we have at our small, family-owned business as we pay that benefit directly and don't use disability to cover.  Some of our employees have disability insurance as well that should pay for more leave.

Right now I'm waiting impatiently for NIPT results to make sure baby is healthy and find out the sex.  That's my final hurdle before telling my co-workers and everyone else who doesn't know already.  Hoping to hear soon so I can quit sucking in this bump when I walk around the office!

I almost had a meltdown today in CVS when they said that insurance wouldn't cover my Zofran refill for a few more days, but finally decided to pay out of pocket for the pills to cover the gap.  Nausea is starting to ease up, but I still want those pills at arms length in case it comes back.  (I hear they're also good for hangovers, so I'll hold onto whatever I have left in case I need them sometime after baby is born.)

My to-do list is simple for this month:  if it's a girl I'm going to go through all of DS's clothes that I've saved to see what is neutral enough to work.  And once nausea dies out I'm going to start back up with exercising.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Options
    10 weeks 4 days here. Big items this month are first trimester screening and negotiating mat leave. Also I got a facial and my skin feels all fixed!! It's not angry at all! Hoping it lasts.

I've been dealing with bleeding from a subchorionic hemorrhage and am on restricted activity, but the bee is fine and the nurses haven't been too worried so I just need to calm down and take things week by week. And my hips are sore, unsure if it's from all the extra laying down? But the nausea is mostly gone so that's awesome.

My pants are already snug which surprised me because it's my first and I've actually lost a few pounds on account of not eating as much junk or drinking beer... calling it my bloat bump... :-)
  • Options
    I'm getting my Zofran refilled too @awb1216.  I'd rather have it and not need it.

How long are you on activity restriction @atalante?
  • Options
    I'm getting my Zofran refilled too @awb1216.  I'd rather have it and not need it.

How long are you on activity restriction @atalante?
    TBD, she said this could be several weeks until the sch resolves and the spotting stops. I'm hoping it'll be smaller in the next scan.
  • Options
    Had my 7! Vials of blood drawn for my NIPT test this morning.  And now the wait begins.  I have an US on 8/22, so I'm assuming I'll get the results then.
  • Options
    Got my NIPT results back this morning (after 9 long days of waiting) and was happy to learn that everything was normal and we are having a girl!!!

It feels so good to be over that hump.  Now if my nausea will go away, I can move on to the enjoyable few weeks of pregnancy!
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Options
    Yay @awb1216!!!  I felt much more at ease after I got mine back too.  Nice to know you have a healthy LO.