February 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 8/01

Hope I'm not jumping the gun in posting but didn't see it yet.

A new month and a new round of people annoying the crap out of us! Let's hear it ladies!

****TW Signature****
BabyFruit Ticker
DD born 04/28/2002
Married DH 03/25/2017
1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 8/01

• Options
    The twatwaffles are the men in my office who use the women's bathroom because they've made their own a mess. Quit peeing on the floor and leaving the toilet lid up assholes! Oh yeah....AND USE YOUR OWN DAMN BATHROOM!!!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    Sorry ladies. No stories from the treat wake at play group this week as I haven't been feeling up to going as much. You'll have to wait until next week for the next installment

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The twatwaffles are the men in my office who use the women's bathroom because they've made their own a mess. Quit peeing on the floor and leaving the toilet lid up assholes! Oh yeah....AND USE YOUR OWN DAMN BATHROOM!!!
    This is pretty funny considering I've seen some N-A-S-T-Y things in the women's bathroom, so we're certainly no cleaner. Not to mention all the bathroom bills going around. In some states they could be arrested!

Work email is being a TW today. We get about 1 minute of connectivity every 30 minutes or so, and there's no telling when it could happen. People are coming to me asking if we can do things in hard copy and it's like the reverse of monkeys learning to use tools. It's so foreign to go back to paper.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    This is pretty funny considering I've seen some N-A-S-T-Y things in the women's bathroom, so we're certainly no cleaner. Not to mention all the bathroom bills going around. In some states they could be arrested!
    Just to clarify...none of the men are transgender. They just use the women's because it's cleaner & "smells nicer". Well keep peeing on the floor and won't be either of those!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    MrsJ2410MrsJ2410 member
    edited August 2017
    Perfect timing for this thread! My mom just texted me to ask how I am and I said "everything is too tight" and she replied that "everything was too loose" for her. It's just so annoying because she has always loved to talk about her (low) weight and stuff, and while she has been sick in the past, I had anorexia for a long time and it still hurts and is really hard to hear. Especially now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 Why do parents do this? I cannot see myself ever being this way with my kids, mainly because I know what it's like but also because that's just wrong! 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @MrsJ2410 I am so sorry. I am right there with you In terms of nothing fitting AND having those same issues with my mom. I constantly have to remind myself that there are certain things For which I cannot expect to get sympathy or comfort from my mother, even though mothers are the people we should be able to turn to in these situations. I've come to terms with the fact that she will never change, but I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever learn... 

My recent similar experience: I told my mother that I was taking a ride with my MIL to get my FIL his favorite chicken pot pie. My mom looked me up and down and grunted. 
    Me: What? You're going to say I shouldn't eat chicken pot pie because I'm fat. 
    Mom: (laughs) No. I was thinking you shouldn't eat chicken pot pie because it's FATTENING.
  • Options
    The idiot that got poop on the toilet seat at royal farms. Seriously? Who does that? Thankfully I'm 13 weeks not 33 and can hover. 
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 I'm sorry you have to deal with that. It sounds a bit like my mom, who is super vain and obsessed with being thin and diets. Which is kind of hilarious because she's always talking about her grandfather being "extremely vain" and she doesn't seem to notice she's exactly the same way. I remind myself that it's her insecurity and she's unhappy all the time because she's not what she thinks is perfect, while I've accepted myself, good and bad, and will have a much happier life because of it.

@babybro218 Man, chicken pot pie sounds good.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface @babybro218 Thanks ladies. and yes @babybro218 my sister and I talk about this often, there are certain things we have accepted that we cannot lean on her for. I just used this to justify ordering some more maternity clothes from Target ( I know I keep talking about it, but the Isabel line from Ingrid and Isabel! So good!) 
    And I love chicken pot pie so much, its my favorite fall/winter meal to make!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2017
    My OB office who totally screwed up my appointment this morning. They scheduled it with my old OB by mistake instead of the high risk one I was to switch to. So it pushed my appointment back by an hour so they could "squeeze me in." Which normally I would go with the flow, but my DH had already left work to meet me there and of course he didn't answer his phone. Plus they didn't schedule my growth scan! Ugh. And they are booked for two more weeks. All around today was kind of a waste. At least my DD was well behaved out. And I did get to see the babies on the handheld ultrasound my office has. Both babies were moving and grooving. 
  • Options
    I made chicken pot pie last night!  It's my husbands favorite dinner and it was his birthday.

@MrsJ2410 that is an awful thing to say to any woman especially a pregnant one.  I got some maternity clothes from Target this weekend.  Rock your new clothes and don't worry about it!
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 I totally agree with @chucksmom15!! I would get some new or new to you clothes and rock them! Remember you are growing a baby in there and that's something to be proud of!! Our bodies are amazing!! Ignore the negative comments and run with the positive comments!! We are all beautiful! 
  • Options
    DH left yesterday for a work conference and won't be back until time to turn around and travel for a wedding his weekend. Solo parenting is my twat waffle. 
  • Options
    My MIL--my grams passed away yesterday and my MIL made it all about herself. She sent me 6 longs texts about how hard it was for her when her dad passed away (4 years ago) and went on and on about her loss. It annoys me. A simple, "sorry for your loss" would have been fine. 
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @MrsJ2410 and @babybro218 I feel you on the mother front. Mine has a new boyfriend who is clearly a terrible person and so much drama. She spent the weekend telling me they were done, then told me Sunday she wanted to get back with him, and stopped speaking to me when I said it may not be a great idea. still not speaking to me, apparently. Just passive aggressive text messages. It's so lovely. 

My TW is a stupid man who was awful to me on the phone at work today. No human should speak to another human like that. 
  • Options
    @magnolia305 so sorry about your grams. That is what I used to call mine too. :( 
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I'm so sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I'm so sorry for your loss  <3

mine is my husband who is still planing to be a groomsman in a wedding 3.5 hours drive away which will fall approximately 5 days after I have Bub, as I am most likely going to have a  csection, as I did last time. 
    And so I'm going to be looking after a toddler and a newborn and recovering from surgery too. I'm so annoyed!! I'm trying to not be selfish as it's one of his best friends that he has known since they were children but he is going to be staying up there for three days, and I just feel like crying. My mum can come stay but I have no where for her to even sleep because spare room will be babies room. And to be honest she is not much help. God I hope she proves me wrong- but she is never even baby sat my 18 month old... 

i really thought he would would change his mind, and I feel like such a snowflake for being so upset that he hasent. 

• Options
    @ashhsa ok that is ridiculous. He'll be home for three days less than a week after you have a section and you have Toddler at home with no support? I would be pissed. I can't believe he would do that, bf wedding or not. That shows a lack of consideration for you and your family IMO. I hope your mom and up being more help than you expect.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @ashhsa You're not being a snowflake, you're being a rational person who recognizes the hardship of caring for a toddler and a newborn alone after a major surgery. I recognize that weddings are a big deal (to the people getting married) and it's his best friend, but it's also his children and his wife and sometimes in parenthood you have to make sacrifices. 3.5 hours isn't that far, he can drive up for the wedding and drive back the next morning if he just HAS to go, or even drive back that night. My husband was talking about going to Florida to watch his brother graduate from Navy flight school (and he was psyched to go), but he told me if baby came around the same time he'd skip it.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @ashhsa I think you are being reasonable and I agree with the 1 night solution @eggplantface suggested. My DH is also being slightly unreasonable about taking trips, but I have my in-laws on my side and his dad is not afraid of telling him he's being an ass. So far "we've" realized that just because he has paternity leave it does not mean it's a vacation, and we will NOT be spending a couple months in the mountains right after LO is born. Also, taking a weeklong trip to celebrate BFF's bday a month before EDD is also not going to happen. An early celebration of the birthday will be just as lovely.
  • Options
    @babybro218   What. an. a$$hole. Lol Your dog looks super proud of himself, though!
  • Options
    @babybro218 OMG he is so proud, I love it. Our dog did that once when we were driving a van down the highway to my in-laws. We couldn't exit to pull over to stop him in time, and the memory foam pieces were tiny so it was just this massive explosion of memory foam pieces all over. And the van was a rental.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @babybro218 your dog is so cuteee! And also very chilled out about the trouble he is in!  :p

the day prior is a "golf day" hence why he says he is going to that also... I'm glad I'm not being irrational, I think I'm also finding it hard because we haven't told anyone yet I'm pregnant so I'm just sitting here stewing in my head about it, and hopefully when we tell people they might see my perspective and convince him to change his mind.
    i know part of why he feels he has to be groomsman is that his friend was at ours- and ours was overseas. So I think he feels a bit obligated too. 
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited August 2017
    @ashhsa what is it with "golf day"?  Every year H goes on a golf trip with his uncle and his uncle's friends.  Every year there is some kind of fight and half the people who go on the trip aren't talking to the other half by the time they come back.  Yet, every year they all go again...  Your H can miss a round of golf.  It won't kill him.

ETA: I play golf.  It's fun, but not THAT fun...
  • Options
    @ashhsa I wonder if after you tell everyone you're pregnant and when you're due, that groom will be like "Bro, why are you coming to this when your wife is about to pop?"
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @ashhsa I wonder if after you tell everyone you're pregnant and when you're due, that groom will be like "Bro, why are you coming to this when your wife is about to pop?"
    Lets hope he says it but I'm curious about the bride too. Is she a bridezilla me-me-me type? If she's a normal yet stressed person I would hope she would say "seriously? You don't have to be in it your wife is having a baby. We understand." I've read too many stories however of the bride who freaks out because plans are made, it's her day and everyone should be focused on her.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @ashhsa My husband is convinced we can just get in the car and take a newborn to his home state that is 14 hours away after the birth. As opposed to argue with him, I'm just letting him live in fantasy land until he realizes at some point how ridiculous that is. Maybe your man will come to the same conclusion as it gets closer and more real for him. Although, its not really fair to the couple getting married that he doesn't let them know ASAP its a no-go. 
  • Options
    I'm so shocked by this! Would you even be out of the hospital that close to him leaving? 
  • Options
    @mpp06 there is def a good chance I may still be in hospital!! I had a 5 day stay after my last birth. 
    @ash0625 lol, there is no way I'd want to drive 14 hours with a newborn, it would end up being a lot longer too-like double!! And I really also don't want him to let down the bride and groom either, and I feel that is a very big risk! 
    @rainafire77 fortunately the bride is lovely, and would understand- the groom- I'm not sure on, he is also a great friend of mine, but I do think he will be far more groomzilla he and his family are really like full on, I do t know how to explain it, like they are yes people, they turn up to everybody's everything, and never let you down- so just maybe won't comprehend why my husband wouldn't.

not that he won't... lol. 

• Options
    @ashhsa that's horrible. I realize they came to yalls wedding and all that, but this is ridiculous! You may still be in the hospital or have just gotten out after having major surgery and tending to a newborn and a toddler and for ANYONE to be upset over that says a lot about their character! It's one thing to be sad your friend can't make it, like what a bummer. It's another to be like actually mad. I just can't imagine anyone being so incredibly selfish. I can't believe your husband would even consider it! I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.